Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst singer/band/song that comes to your mind?

Thanks

For me the worst band is Pink Floyd...!!
    Because I don't like any of their songs yet....

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    I detest anything pop, the chord changes and basic structure of the song is made to sound 'perfect', but makes it incredibly annoying to actually listen to.

Let's a add a dissonance to this chord, then resolve it on the next! x50

I'm sort of a music nerd, but playing 'ear candy' just annoys me, especially with auto-tune making the pitches perfectly on key. It's just not natural, sounds robotic, etc.

So basically, anything Katy Perry has ever done. Don't kill me, Cosmic...
    Katy Perry is probably the one musician I dislike the most - at the moment - for this very reason. I think it's just so evident in all her songs (that I've heard). Lady Gaga following as a close second.

Oh, and both of them doing the whole I DO SORTA WRITE MY OWN STUFF SOMETIMES ALMOST SORTA YEAH thing pisses me off. What are you, freaking Spice Girls?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankestien View Post
    Interesting. . . I'm assuming you've heard some of their songs already, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    Katy Perry is probably the one musician I dislike the most - at the moment - for this very reason. I think it's just so evident in all her songs (that I've heard). Lady Gaga following as a close second.

Oh, and both of them doing the whole I DO SORTA WRITE MY OWN STUFF SOMETIMES ALMOST SORTA YEAH thing pisses me off. What are you, freaking Spice Girls?
    Yeah. . . Although I don't get what you mean in your last line.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks
    EP Points

I really don't like this song:

Also Gare's song is unbearable.
    Also Justin Bieber is not that bad, the backstreet boys were much worse with one sixteenth the hatred that Bieber gets.
    Last edited by Tassadar; 15th-April-2011 at 14:14.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Frankestien View Post
    Too obvious, try again.

I don't really have many bands I hate and I couldn't give a rat's ass about Friday since the video was a birthday gift for some rich girl. She's not a professional singer and was just having fun making a shit song, get over it already. We've killed the joke.

However, I could start naming shit from the 70s (DISCO MY GREAT ENEMY) or some of the terrible rappers around today. I fail to mention most pop music because i have no reason to listen to it in the first place.

Oh, and metal bands who think that screaming at all times is singing. I can handle some scream singing of there is some actual singing in the song, but if it's a piece that's just someone making a loud devil voice while people randomly bang on instruments, I want to strangle them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Oh, and metal bands who think that screaming at all times is singing. I can handle some scream singing of there is some actual singing in the song, but if it's a piece that's just someone making a loud devil voice while people randomly bang on instruments, I want to strangle them.
    This, I have no idea how yelling unintelligibly into a microphone can be considered music.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by johnxfire View Post
    Interesting. . . I'm assuming you've heard some of their songs already, then?

Yeah. . . Although I don't get what you mean in your last line.
    They constantly sneak things like "sitting on my tour bus, working on my latest album" and similar things into interviews. Generally, people who write their own shit don't hire Max Martin. Spice Girls also pretended to be invovled in writing their own songs, and they even put "Spice Girls" in the credit of every song, next to the actual songwriter(s).

I know stuff.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

They constantly sneak things like "sitting on my tour bus, working on my latest album" and similar things into interviews. Generally, people who write their own shit don't hire Max Martin. Spice Girls also pretended to be invovled in writing their own songs, and they even put "Spice Girls" in the credit of every song, next to the actual songwriter(s).

I know stuff.
    After reading about who writes songs for pop bands the same guy's name comes up, Dr. Luke. He writes and produces songs for tons of pop artists for Katy Perry, the black eyes peas etc. He has more control over the song than the actual pop singer themselves and he is there to receive grammy awards and yet we rarely hear about him or people like him (there is one guy who "co-wrote" every song for Lady Gaga) and honestly I think their job is great, they produce tons of songs and yet get no members of the paparazzi hounding them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post

However, I could start naming shit from the 70s (DISCO MY GREAT ENEMY) or some of the terrible rappers around today. I fail to mention most pop music because i have no reason to listen to it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    This, I have no idea how yelling unintelligibly into a microphone can be considered music.
    I have a thing for 80s music, but I'm not too sure about disco. :O And yes, I agree with both of you on full screamo metal. Like this. WARNING: The actual lyrics are disturbing.

I know stuff.
    Ohh I see. Yeah, I get you. DDDDDD Poser artists. .

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by johnxfire View Post
    I have a thing for 80s music, but I'm not too sure about disco. :O And yes, I agree with both of you on full screamo metal. Like this. WARNING: The actual lyrics are disturbing.
    Okay don't get me wrong, I like to think I have an eclectic taste in music, from Vivaldi to Iron Maiden to Queen. I really don't see the appeal of that genre.

Honestly, were there even any words in that song?

Thanks

Okay don't get me wrong, I like to think I have an eclectic taste in music, from Vivaldi to Iron Maiden to Queen. I really don't see the appeal of that genre.

There were. . . It was like the recent Batman from The Dark Knight singing. Don't search the lyrics, it's really quite nutty.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Today's musicians are auditory AIDS

Thanks

There are, but that particular vocalist is horrible for enunciation even by the standards of the genre. He could barely stay on time let alone pronounce things.

Not that it really matters - an important part of understanding 'extreme' metal is realising that the vocals are not really about the lyrics and the music isn't centered on the vocals. The vocals are treated like just another instrument in the mix, where pattern and melody (limited though it is) are far more important than the actual words. Not that there aren't decent lyricists in some of those bands, just that its considered a nice bonus rather than the focal point.

and yes, people can actually pick out the lyrics after some exposure. At least for most bands.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well since most of you named a bunch of mainstream pop musicians. I am going to go into the rock/metal genre here.

First of all, I want to throw Serj Tankian's name in there as worst vocalist I have ever heard. I don't get why people like him, or System of a Down, that is one of the worst metal bands I have heard, then again, most of the nu-metal genre sucks ass.

One singer that use to be good, but is horrible now is Mark Slaughter of the band Slaughter, he lost his voice, and he just sucks.

As for that person naming Pink Floyd, that is just crazy talk there, unless you are like 10 years old.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yip Yip View Post
    Today's musicians are auditory AIDS
    Pretty much all the FAMOUS ones. The unknown ones are the BEST ones.