Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get some games to work for the life of me >.<

Thanks

Yeah I usually burn with DiscJuggler too, I've only recently used A-120% for Lodoss War since it was an MDS/MDF format. I usually burn on the lowest speed possible which is 8x on my burner.

As far as the media goes, any other game I've burned on them have worked pretty good and usually with no issues. Just these two games have just remained elusive for some reason. Which is why I'm so "WTF?!! FFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!"

provided your dreamcast laser is fine tuned for CD-R use
    Now what's that all about? I can play CD-Rs since that 90% of my collection. If that's really the issue how do you go about doing that?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBullsh-t View Post
    Yeah I usually burn with DiscJuggler too, I've only recently used A-120% for Lodoss War since it was an MDS/MDF format. I usually burn on the lowest speed possible which is 8x on my burner.

As far as the media goes, any other game I've burned on them have worked pretty good and usually with no issues. Just these two games have just remained elusive for some reason. Which is why I'm so "WTF?!! FFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!"

Now what's that all about? I can play CD-Rs since that 90% of my collection. If that's really the issue how do you go about doing that?
    I'll get round to uploading rolw in cdi format sometime

your spindle of cd's may be scratched or got a bad batch, both not unheard of, infact had the same issue with a new spindle being bad and also recently found that some of my older blank DVD-R's had very minor scratches on em that messed my burns up....

I have over 300 games on Dreamcast all on CD-R every now and then (admittedly years between) the laser pot may need a re-tune also the laser is originally tuned specially for GD-Rom media even though the dreamcast can also read CD's anyway it was not made to read CD-R's that need a slightly higher laser setting to get a more perfect read, but at a guess it's a fault of the CD images not media or the laser.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-April-2011 at 13:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hmmmm....Well I found 1 blank cd which I'm going to give it a shot on Sprung's list I found for RoLW. In the mean time I will also get your CDI images when you upload then, for when I get more disk. No rush though ^^. Unless you'd rather me wait to try yours out.

Thanks for helping me out, even though I haven't had any success yet, I still appreciate it. I've learned a few new things from this, which I could apply for future burns as well. Instead of telling what I already know. ^.^ Never in a million years would of thought about laser adjustment. I'll give that a shot too sometime as a last resort (since it's a sensitive thing to mess with).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm going to leave this to Zorlon, he knows more than me .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Well I still appreciate the help. ^^

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think sprungs cd image should be ok but the US set he got also had a few none self boot images and the set also had alot of eu/PAL games in it, it was a set put together of all the games released in the US/NTSC but at the time there wasn't rips of all the US/NTSC games so alot of PAL games got used as fill ins atleast that set has all the games in there original dump status i.e. not patched or redumped from burned games.

Thats if it's the set I'm thinking of that sprung was kind enough to upload.

If RoLW works I will upload only Skies of Arcadia for you

RoLW is from playability side it is a far greater game to burn and it is fun to boot with a Diablo type feel to it
    Skies of Arcadia though a good RPG the only rip that runs from normal sized CD's uses on the fly extraction of files and causes a huge amount of lagging (personly found that made it unplayable for me)

I totally agree, avoid messing with the laser pot unless it is needed also you can turn it too far, though you realy do need to be realy careless to that, it's all the test reads between that can get frustrating and you can be tempted to turn it a lil quicker/further between tests if you are not already used to doing this (this can be done with most CD consoles/anything that reads CD's though the pot/pots can be located in various locations imcluding on the main board handy for consoles with worn/weak lasers)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-April-2011 at 19:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Smile

Well, I'll go ahead and try Sprung's RoLW since I should be getting some new CD's tomorrow. I'll let you know how that turns out. Wish me luck. God knows I need it, heh.

So even if I got SoA to work, it would lag terribly on a normal disc? Oh noes!!! =( Maybe I can get the GD-ROM copy for my birthday, regardless I'll try it, it's worth a shot.

EDIT: GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!! I just successfully burned Record of Lodoss War. As far as I'm aware of, I got to the title screen and (I think) character creation screen. WOOOO!!!! I feel like a fat kid who ate 100lbs of cake! Accomplished, giddy, and happy as hell!

*Points and glares at Skies of Arcadia*Your ass is mine now bitch!
    Last edited by BaronVonBullsh-t; 6th-April-2011 at 02:13. Reason: Success!!!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

will be uploading Skies later today hopefully, just as a side note so you don't mess up any more CD's this image if burned with DJ will ask if you want to fix it, say no to this or you will end up with a messed up CD, this is a very common thing with Dreamcast images.

ImgBurn will just burn it though (make sure you have the required dll though in the Imgburn folder as described in the thread I linked before).

Not had any issues using ImgBurn since the compat for burning dual session cdi images but I have not tested it with this game yet.

I'm just compressing the images at the moment...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Awesome, I'll let you know how that goes.

On a side note for Lodoss War...Those Iron boots are atrocious! >.<

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

RoLW is a brilliant game once you get into it. I hope you enjoy as much as I did

P.S. compressing CD2 of Skies now

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]