Thread: Help With DS Emulator Speed

Thanks

Default Help With DS Emulator Speed

So, late last night/super-early this morning, I was trying to get a PlayStation emulator running Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, because I have a used copy of it being delivered here but it's taking so long I thought to myself "I bet I could download and finish the game before it even gets here."
    To make a long story short, my fruitless efforts frustrated the shit out of me and I thought to myself "Fuck it, a physical copy is on it's way, I'll just give Portrait of Ruin a shot instead. The DS is a hand-held, so it should be pretty simple."

I tried Desmume, and I got it running... But it seems to be in a state of permanent lag. I checked the readme file that came with it, and it suggested going into frame skip and disabling the limiter and setting the frame skip to one or two, both of which I did, but that did absolutely bugger all.

I'm playing on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista that can't be any more than two years old, and without ever making a single hardware modification it ran ZSNES and VisualBoy Advance completely fine without a single hiccup. So are DS emulators simply too much for my laptop or is there something I can do to get it to function normally? And please don't suggest trying another emulator, Desmume was the only one I could get to launch, let alone actually run ROMs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Lagging is normal when playing DeSmuMe on Laptop, or Dekstop, even those with high-end specs.
    But, you can still reduce the lag a bit, by turning off the sound, and Limit the framerate.

Still, If that doesn't change anything, running those games on No$gba(with No$Zoomer) should be no problem.

Thanks

Well, I couldn't get any other DS emulator on this site to launch, except that No$ one, which launched, but the rom crashed before it did. Guess I'll have to track down a physical copy of Portrait too.
    Last edited by Doctor Miguel; 3rd-April-2011 at 14:44. Reason: mis-used tags

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No$GBA+Zoomer

No$+Zoomer is what I use and I always get perfect speed .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.