Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 007 softmod

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Cube View Post
    To play burned PS2 games with MCBoot and ESR you have to patch the disc image with ESR patcher and then burn it to a DVD. MCBoot should automatically detect that a disc is ESR patched and then it should boot it automatically.
    what i'm saying is I did that with 2 DVDs already and they don't load. I'm going to try using the other type of DVD and see if it works but right now my Norton Firewall keeps blocking and deleting my ESR patcher. Very frustrating.

Well I just got done burning .Hack Infection to a DVD-R @ 3x speed after I patched it with ESR patcher. It spins for awhile then stops spinning and in ESR it says status:unknown media in drive... I need help lol. I'm using Memorex DVD-R discs.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-April-2011 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

piicnyk, could you please use the EDIT button instead of double posting? it goes against the rules.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    piicnyk, could you please use the EDIT button instead of double posting? it goes against the rules.
    Sorry. I didn't notice a double post. My apologizes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piicnyk View Post
    what i'm saying is I did that with 2 DVDs already and they don't load. I'm going to try using the other type of DVD and see if it works but right now my Norton Firewall keeps blocking and deleting my ESR patcher. Very frustrating.

Well I just got done burning .Hack Infection to a DVD-R @ 3x speed after I patched it with ESR patcher. It spins for awhile then stops spinning and in ESR it says status:unknown media in drive... I need help lol. I'm using Memorex DVD-R discs.
    Maybe it's the brand of disc you are using. If you want the best possible quality you would have to use Verbatim brand discs. Those are the most guaranteed to work.

Thanks

That might be it. Sucks that I bought a 25 pk of Memorex DVD-R brand. Just keeps coming up as unknown media type.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try another drive to burn these discs. It might help, b/c I was having trouble with a dying drive before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Try another drive to burn these discs. It might help, b/c I was having trouble with a dying drive before.
    Brand new computer that was purchased around January. I was writing at 3x speed and with no errors or anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Clean your PS2 Lens, see if that helps... if not my guess would be you got a brand of DVDR that your drive does not like. My PS2 Hated Traxdata (Ritek) but loves Verbatim

Thanks

dvd+r still work although dvd-r is better.

what program are you using to burn?

as far as the screeching popping sound, it means the disc your using dont agree with your drive. it happened to me with some cheap memorex i used before. burned onto some sony accucore and some verbatim's no popping no screeching.

has n e one suggested a network adapter and an ide hard drive, for all of your ps2 wants. outweighs the cost and effort of swapping the dvd drive everytime it dies
    Last edited by krawniksmoka; 2nd-April-2011 at 22:33.

Thanks

I'm using imgburn to burn the discs. Yea it screechs when I first put it in then it takes about 30 seconds to attempt to read it then just comes up as unknown media type in ESR. I just ordered a 5 pk of Verbatim DVD-R off Walmart so they will be shipped to the store within the next week. Hopefully they work, if not I give up lol.

Thanks

get a usb device and learn to use openps2loader and ps2esdl instead. play games from a usb device

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfries View Post
    get a usb device and learn to use openps2loader and ps2esdl instead. play games from a usb device
    I tried that. Have a 4gb usb drive. Used USBUtil v2.0 to put .hack infection on it and it wouldn't load the game in OPS2L and then tried .hack gu vol 1 rebirth and that didn't work either.
    Last edited by piicnyk; 3rd-April-2011 at 18:05.

Thanks

But it's wierd. When I switched discs with the 007 burnt disc it read the dvd+r copy to do the hack.
    Last edited by piicnyk; 3rd-April-2011 at 18:40.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Be sure to burn your discs at the slowest setting you have, preferably 1x. Slower burning means better quality and makes the games more likely to be playable.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Be sure to burn your discs at the slowest setting you have, preferably 1x. Slower burning means better quality and makes the games more likely to be playable.
    Alright thanks. I'll be sure to do that. I don't care if it takes 30 minutes to burn. I want this shit to work. More to prove that I actually got it to work than to actually play the games lol.