Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest place to get Swap magic?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by formyhunny View Post
    The codebreaker method seems the easiest so where to get Codebreaker?
    Ebay or Datel website,

Although these last two bits was proberly faster if you googled it yourself

not to mention there are free volenteer installers on that site

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by formyhunny View Post
    I belive that one will do the trick

Thanks

dude just do the agent under fire method. easiest way no contest. and the game only costs 3.99! its like a one time fee for free games..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    dude just do the agent under fire method. easiest way no contest. and the game only costs 3.99! its like a one time fee for free games..
    Are you sure your talking about PS2 or XBox 1 Modding Jake

If you mean the whole swapping thing, Ive tried that myself personally with a few "Confirmed" games (AUF Included) and all it did was hang (Could be that they also patched it outta games with a media check if reading is interupted in some releases im not sure but its quite possible to fix the exploit) the most sure fire way is still an Action Replay or asking a friend to install it on there card.
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 28th-March-2011 at 13:31.

Thanks

Could you still save your game with the modded memory card? If not I'll just get 2.

Supreme Warrior Guest

I think so but i dont, I just have my Freemcboot Memory card in slot 2 and my primary Memory card in slot 1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    I belive that one will do the trick
    But over here it says to use the AR Max evo disc.
    http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/armax.php
    I'm confused?
    EDIT: The screenshots also show AR Max menu which makes it more confusing.
    EDIT 2: Can this version of swap magic be used too? I would buy this instead of action replay if it could be used.
    https://www.estarland.com/index.asp?...&product=20766
    Last edited by formyhunny; 28th-March-2011 at 17:49.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Are you sure your talking about PS2 or XBox 1 Modding Jake

If you mean the whole swapping thing, Ive tried that myself personally with a few "Confirmed" games (AUF Included) and all it did was hang (Could be that they also patched it outta games with a media check if reading is interupted in some releases im not sure but its quite possible to fix the exploit) the most sure fire way is still an Action Replay or asking a friend to install it on there card.
    actually yeah it is for the ps2. im pretty sure its not even possible to mod an xbox using the same method. also formyhunny yes, you can save on the memory card even if its modded with freemcboot. and also i dont reccomend using ar max evo. its 50$ the cheapest i found on ebay and amazon and even then its possible to do it with the regular edition of action replay.

Thanks

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a ps2 new or used as I am now looking to buy one.
    Edit: Never mind Gamestop Canada has a refurbished one for $29.99.
    Last edited by formyhunny; 28th-March-2011 at 23:38.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Did you check your local craigslist listings? That's the best place to get a cheap used one around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    actually yeah it is for the ps2. im pretty sure its not even possible to mod an xbox using the same method.
    Not the exact same method, but AUF contained exploits allowing softmodding on both the PS2 and Xbox

I'll second using AUF for installing FMCB. Users having trouble with it usually didn't edit their iso correctly. I had a straightforward patch deal for it in the old thread before the rollback, I should make another one...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Did you check your local craigslist listings? That's the best place to get a cheap used one around here.
    Well Gamestop has one refurbished for $29.99 and a official memory card on ebay isn't much either.
    Edit: Gamestop Canada's website shows none in stock even in stores but I did find one on Craigslist for $20 and I can go to the nearest Gamestop which means I have to cross the border and go to the US but the US site has one in stock.
    Last edited by formyhunny; 29th-March-2011 at 00:22.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

If they're that cheap at EB it's probably worth wandering in and asking about one. It's possible the online stock checker is wrong, or they might be able to hold one for you or something. That is, if you don't score something easily off Craigslist.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Well I think this ps2 deal is better.
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...292341700.html
    But I recently went to a SportChek store which had a EB games near by and had a big poster advertising a PS2 for $29.99 so the store tracker is probably wrong.

Thanks

The Game stop Canada listing is now available again. I might pick it up after a visit to my local Flee Market to see what they have.