Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ever Felt Not Guilty For Downloading A Game?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    did i feel bad when i downloaded final fantasy x international? lets see getting a japanese ps2 over 100 dollars, getting the game itself over 50 dollars, downloading the iso from here that may have the valfore glitch: pricless lol. i never really cared about the psp games anymore and i got the ds since it has some more retro games on it and some better puzzle games. also, some of my favorite games on the ps2 sound alot better in japanese! *coughstarocean3cough* that way i dont get annoying high squeaky voices which reminds me, i want a ps3 so i can have the international version of star ocean 4 since sarahs voice annoys the shit out of me.
    Trust me, Sarah's voice is annoying no matter what language it's in. A mute for her would have been a nice feature. Anyway, I don't see why I'd feel guilty for downloading a game. Besides it's not like people in the gaming industry have never done anything wrong to the consumers.
    Living life without doing what you want, now that's just a recipe for misery

Thanks

Have I ever felt guilty for downloading a game? No, can't really say that I have. Do I wish I can pay for the game to use it to it's full function (usually online play) yes. Usually when I download a game, it's either something nostalgic, trying it out, or just too damn broke to buy it. Usually if I have to money I'll buy it. The only time I feel a slight tinge of guilt is if it's a small indie developer, like the guy who made Minecraft. Even though it's cheap, still can't afford it >.<

Thanks

Also, Companies will get one over on us small folk any way they can and wont think twice(dlc anyone), why would I care when I can get the upper hand for once?! I'm so broke, and if it weren't for piracy I wouldn't be able to do any of the animations I do. Guilty over a $30 game that probably sucks anyway...hell no, guilty over a program that normally costs $5000 and up...hardly
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks

Hey. What's there to feel guilty about? I don't care WHAT they say. IT'S NOT STEALING. This is why: If I come to your house and let you burn my game that I bought, is that stealing? No? Ok... Now. If I took that same game that I bought and decided to share it with EVERYONE on the internet, it's still not stealing when people download it! Same concept. The only difference is, you share the game in another way. THAT'S why I don't buy all that "downloading is stealing from a company" bullshit. The company just wants your money. It's not my fault other people want to be generous with their games. And i'm not gonna turn down a free game out of guilt.... because there's nothing to feel guilty about.

Thanks

I just visited a Game Stop yesterday and checked out the library of DS games going for $20 and up and all I could ask myself was how is it that enough people weren't hip to the whole emulation world that prices like this could still exist for a myriad of mediocre games??
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks

Not at all, the companies make all the money they get by selling the game to the stores, not from your sales

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ever Felt Not Guilty For Downloading A Game

The thought occurred to me; we're all reading the title the wrong way .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Ever Felt Not Guilty For Downloading A Game

The thought occurred to me; we're all reading the title the wrong way .
    rofl

Everybody would still have the same answer tho

everyone is going to hell lol
    Last edited by Angelus!; 2nd-April-2011 at 22:45.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus! View Post
    everyone is going to hell lol
    That's not necessarily a bad thing

Spoiler warning:

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post

Spoiler warning:

horny kids and their fantasy japanese cartoons

Thanks

Silly nerds and their star trek memes. =D

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NERDS OF DIFFERENT KINDS ARE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER

WERE ALL DOOMED

Thanks

Never, i also would never pay more then 20$ a game either, its not worth is espicaly if i buy a game for 50-60$ and it sucks and your stuck with it besdies i dont play ps3 n 360 i think they suck cuz most games have no story and its all about online play, id mayb rent them if i still could.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post

Spoiler warning:

indeed kuro, indeed

Thanks

i dont felt guilty, but i enjoyed getting FFX. I had to buy it twice before because it always got damage.