Thread: Y's Book 1&2 TCD HELP PLEASE :(

Thanks

Default Y's Book 1&2 TCD HELP PLEASE :(

Ok, so, ive burnt the Y's Book 1&2 [Falcom][1990][PCE] from the main ISO downloads for TGCD, the copy itself runs perfect, although at the end of Y's Book 2 right after i defeat the last boss(Dalles) I get into Y's Core and go to the end and touch the statue just for the game to not read the disc anymore? im using 700 mb cd-r's, as i can recall, i remember the bin file being 730 mb? would that be the problem? Anyone else had any problems with this game being burnt on a 700mb cd-r? Iam tottaly bummed, it was my first time playing and actualy got through the game's just for it to screw up at the end

Any help will be the most awesomest thing right now

Please help

Supreme Warrior Guest

please spoiler your story spoiling, I haven't beaten it myself.

Where exactly did you get it?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by fatmeegz View Post
    im using 700 mb cd-r's, as i can recall, i remember the bin file being 730 mb? would that be the problem?
    That is *not* the problem. The image size is always bigger than the actual data being burned, I'd reckon every TG16 game would work fine even if you burned them onto old 650MB CDRs

Have you tried simply burning another copy off? It could just be a bum spot on your burn. Things like that happen with burnt games all the time If you don't already know, burn CDs as slow as you possibly can. It makes better discs.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Supreme Warrior Guest

Thats actually true for any Disc based Media

So what program did you use to burn?

Thanks

Yeah, my laptop burns at a minimal 10x, so i used my old desktop which burns at 4x and still the same problem at the same place, i also use IMGBURN to burn my copies, i really don't know whats going on but this problem always happens at 3:29 after the dialogue ends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFlW99WJMc

I just want to finish it so i can move onto Y's 3
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 13th-May-2011 at 10:22.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Try running your image through CDmage and see if it reports anything wrong with it?
    http://cdmage.orconhosting.net.nz/frames.html

If it finds anything, try letting it repair whatever it can. It can't hurt to try

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    Thats actually true for any Disc based Media
    It's arguable with modern DVD media and drives. Not that I know, I still burn everything slow regardless
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Supreme Warrior Guest

And where did you happen to acquire the image?

All the facts are important

Thanks

Thank's alot for helping me guys, i acquired the image from the main iso list for TCD this is it ''Ys Book I & II [U][CD][TGXCD1002][Falcom][1990][PCE] ISO''
    and the link for the iso is;
    http://www.emuparadise.org/PC_Engine...s_Book_I_&_II_[U][CD][TGXCD1002][Falcom][1990][PCE]/63925

I will be trying out CDMAGE and i will report back as soon as i get a result,

Thank's again guys

Thank's for all your help, Supreme Warrior pulled out with the goods!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 13th-May-2011 at 10:22.