Thread: Epsxe 1.7 and PEC

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Epsxe 1.7 and PEC

I am trying my hardest to get PEC to work with 1.7 while it seems to work with 1.6 it just refuses to work with 1.7 I've followed the help file on how to use it setting it up as my video plugin then setting up the true video plugin, sending cheats via the PEC program then running the game *done it both through iso then mounted the iso via daemon tring to get it to work*

any one have some tips? any knowledge whether pec works with epsxe 1.7?
    P.S: If I am missing any sort of information to be given please bare with me I'm pretty new to emulating playstation 1 and have no idea what I'm doing for the most part.
    Last edited by Willard; 15th-March-2011 at 02:59. Reason: additonal information

Thanks
    EP Points

maybe, just maybe, you would want to find a trainer for the game you want to cheat on, it's WAY easier to use (just patch the image) and it's permanent.

Thanks

Default thanks

I had thought of that but I found no trainer for the game I am playing, atleast not for the codes I want.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

One thing you didn't state was the region of the game you're trying to play. European games need different codes than US or Jap games, and they have different tabs in the PEC interface.

Other than that, most games should work about the same on 1.6 as they do on 1.7

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    One thing you didn't state was the region of the game you're trying to play. European games need different codes than US or Jap games, and they have different tabs in the PEC interface.

Other than that, most games should work about the same on 1.6 as they do on 1.7

sorry. US is the codes I'm using, I've even went sofar as to like I said mount the ccd then use the jump to game in drive. the codes work fine in 1.6 *im using that currently to play the game* though I'm having problems with sound keep getting static in games as well a general slow down happens at times *even when I use very low detail settings and resolution* I've tried other games so far and none of them work in 1.7 when it comes to pec they play *infact they play better then they do in 1.6* but no codes seem to work I've setup the plugin 1.7 detects it..etc One thing I've noticed is that on 1.6 when the game starts up the PEC plugin 2.5..etc appears in the upper right corner then disapears this does not happen in 1.7 an analog picture with the word off or On appears.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    sorry. US is the codes I'm using
    Are you using a US game version and US bios(scph-1001, I think) on 1.7?
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard
    One thing I've noticed is that on 1.6 when the game starts up the PEC plugin 2.5..etc appears in the upper right corner then disapears this does not happen in 1.7 an analog picture with the word off or On appears.
    On 1.7 this means that you are set up for analog controls. Use F5 to switch to digital controls for older games.

As for the other problems, post your system specs and audio and video plugin configuration. Somebody should be able to help more.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

i have both pec and 1.7.0 and pec works fine there must be something i would try skullpoker's suggestion first make sure the iso or game disk is for the same region as the codes on most games in the file name of the iso you will see letters for the region e = europe u = united states j = japan then also make sure the bios is for the same region as the other two scph 1001,7001 is u.s. 1001 is recommended for usa scph 1000,5000,5500 are japan not sure which of these is better though and scph 9002 is for pal or the European isos try theese steps and let us know how it goes

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Not sure about ePSXe and PEC but if you are still having trouble cheating i use pSX and Codebreaker to cheat easily, just input the codes in Codebreaker ,save state to save your codes and when prompted to put in the game disc, Click Eject disc in the pSX menu and load the games disc image, then press X, Most games i tried worked.

Thanks
    EP Points

supreme warrior i know you are trying to help but as Tanthias said the other day before you recomened another emu for somebody try and get it to work on thier emu of choice. To OP, have you checked what region game you are playing to make sure that it is the right version could you link me to the game you are trying to play?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)