Thread: [DS] How to fix shoulder (L and R Buttons) On DS WITHOUT opening your DS

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Exclamation [DS] How to fix shoulder (L and R Buttons) On DS WITHOUT opening your DS

Okay so i searched on Google how to fix your DS shoulder buttons and i came across this video.
    Now I've had my L and R buttons broken for months now so i tired this crazy trick and it worked o.o (and i literally ROFLed when it worked )

Here's the video:

Video Description from owner of video:

Directions:
    1. Hold your DS in one hand.
    2. Stick out your tongue and lick around the R button.
    3. Then blow the R button.

Optional Directions:
    1. Grab a Q tip
    2. Put a spec of water on it (Or rubbing alcohol)
    3. Put it around the R button and blow.

Ran out of Warranty and can't pay 75 bucks?
    Register your DS on club Nintendo for a free additional three months! You will then get it repaired for free!

Ok guys, I'm fed up with some of your dumb comments. Such as "I DONKT KNOWSA WHATS YOURS DOING!" I put up annotations AND a description. Really, I saw a user telling me to put it in the description box when it is there. Please stop acting stupid and look.

Yes, I know you don't have to use your tongue. Which is also in the description box, use a Q-tip if your allergic to plastic.

THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    I had a user complain he broke his DS, then he tried to fix it and "fried" it. We had over 100 users saying it works. This video even has a 4.5/5 rating.
    Chance of you failing, less then 1%. Oh, don't drool on the DS please.

Seriously, if I see any "VIDEO SUX, I CANT SEAS" I will remove your comment, tell you to look at the video, and if you do it again, I might block you.

Have a nice day.
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbigbuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've tried this (multiple times) and it doesn't really work. I say multiple cause it works for a week or two, then goes right back to being faulty. Someone here suggested I take a toothbrush and brush the bristles right into the seam of the button and body of the DS, it worked again for a week or so and stopped. Now both my buttons don't work at all.

Supreme Warrior Guest

it needs to be opened and Cleaned or replaced with new shoulder buttons, my L button is being non responsive, i need to blow in it real good to get it to work, now to get a quality Tri Wing Screwdriver.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know about this. Wash your damn hands and don't shove peanut butter in the seems.
    I have 2 used DS's and my mom has one with a broken hinge that my careless little sister plays. Both are fully functional.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    it needs to be opened and Cleaned or replaced with new shoulder buttons, my L button is being non responsive, i need to blow in it real good to get it to work, now to get a quality Tri Wing Screwdriver.
    I've been trying to find a guide online to do this, otherwise I'm gonna sell it for whatever I can and get a DS Lite like I should of had in the first place.