Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tired of Pokemon?

Thanks

i haven't watched or played Poke'mon since i was... 10? which was back when the show started and Poke'mon Red was popular. i still struggled through that game due to boredom. it's a children's franchise so you can expect it to be simplistic. only thing i ever seen weird about the whole thing is when you see older guys playing it lol.

however yeah it sometimes does get a little annoying seeing Poke'mon all over the place and still being sold like it's the greatest thing in the world. it's easy to keep a series like that alive when new kids are born into the world by the thousands (which means more money!)

EDIT: am i the only one who thinks there's too much Morrigan on this site?
    Last edited by deathzero021; 15th-March-2011 at 18:49.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I agree with the Morrigan statement.

For the rest: while it is a slightly more "childish" game, I wouldn't necessarily call it "simplistic." There are some very complex relations to figure out between all of the Pokemon which can take a long time to fully understand. There are things that I notice now that I never noticed when it was first released, back when I was... 8 or 9, can't really remember.

And the reason that it's still being sold is because people are still buying the Pokemon merchandise, and watching the shows and movies. Some of it is the parents -- we are starting to come into the age right now where some of the parents played Pokemon when they were kids, and want to pass along how much fun it was (not necessarily saying me, but my kid's mom freakin' loves the stuff) -- so you can't really blame the kids for being into it when certain parents are force feeding them the stuff.

I wouldn't say it's the "greatest thing in the world," but at the same time, it's one of the few consistently decent game series out there. It's one of the most easily accessible, and it's one of the few remaining games that are actually kid friendly. As much as I would love to play games with my son, there are tons of games nowadays that I wouldn't let him near until he is at least 15. We didn't have that problem when I was a kid, 'cause everything was fairly PG for the most part. Now, the only remaining safe franchises are Pokemon and Mario. Kind of limits all of your options.

Thanks

I agree with Synthetik, it's similar to my own case. I'm not TIRED of it, because I'll always play it, but I just don't have time/patience for it.

Click to hear the objection!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I still enjoying playing Pokemon. I'm halfway through Black right now. But, to be honest. They need to stop rehashing the same-type story, sound effects, etc. It's time for something new. They need to make one completely 3D instead of this over-the-top camera view. It needs a revamp, because it is quite repetitive, but nevertheless addicting.
    They're on their way to being fully 3d. I don't know if I'd like it if they did that though. The full 3d town in black was kind of frustrating and tiresome.

Sent from my LG Optimus S using Tapatalk

Thanks

The Pokèmons should be, more than the towns.

Click to hear the objection!

Thanks

I have been sick of Pokemon when they made soul sliver and heart gold for the DS. Because it started to show that the were running out of ideas and that they would port any of there gba and gbc games.What also made me mad is once aging soul sliver and heart gold and my problem was that Pokemon Crystal was the better one of all 3 games. This started the animated Pokemon sprites witch was first appealing to the eye at first but a they kept all most the same movement for every game. Then my final problem with games is the most basic is that the time spent is worthless. What are you going to do go to your friends at school and show them how much free time you have / you have no live. sorry for this response the game and the cooperation that makes the games just makes me mad.
    Last edited by Master0122861; 16th-March-2011 at 23:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeli View Post
    They're on their way to being fully 3d. I don't know if I'd like it if they did that though. The full 3d town in black was kind of frustrating and tiresome.
    I actually had to disable the attack motions in Black/White because they were so piss annoying to watch. For the overview worlds and whatnot, it looks half decent, but when it comes to the attack screens, if they want them to be 3D, they have to change up the layout a bit and stop with the goddamn camera zoom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master0122861 View Post
    I have been sick of Pokemon when they made soul sliver and heart gold for the DS.
    I`ll stop you right there and say to you that heartgold/soulsilver are viewed by many as the worst games in the series.
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master0122861 View Post
    I have been sick of Pokemon when they made soul sliver and heart gold for the DS. Because it started to show that the were running out of ideas and that they would port any of there gba and gbc games.
    Technically that started with fire red and leaf green. Though, I feel they're more than just ports. They're more like completely overhauled reboots.

Personally, I loved soul silver and heart gold. They added a lot of cool features that wouldn't have been possible in the original games and even expanded on the story.

Come to think about it, that's why I loved fire red and leaf green. I liked that they added new locations and many other things that made it like playing a whole new game while still enjoying a classic.

Sent from my LG Optimus S using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yep thats a good point there, I believe Game Freak is always trying to revitalize the classic with the new so all generations can get into their games.
    Even still why no Electric Yellow Pokemonz Game!?!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I really, really enjoyed Fire Red and Leaf Green. I thought they were lots of fun to play, and "fixed" some of the glaring errors in the original releases, as well as made it much more accessible for younger generations to get into.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Electrona View Post
    Yep thats a good point there, I believe Game Freak is always trying to revitalize the classic with the new so all generations can get into their games.
    Even still why no Electric Yellow Pokemonz Game!?!
    I know what you mean! It's like it became forgotten after Pokemon Yellow (and that was an awesome game).
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

I'm already sick of the new game, i got a kid at my school (yes, school) hes kinda chubby (thats also what we call him) and he always sits in the middle of the cafetaria playing pokemon with thatanoying sound on, and everytime he wins something, he making sound effects as an ''bonus'' to the game, like: doing peew peew and then smashing into the air, have i already told hes kinda chubby??? nevermind, but yes im tired of pokemon

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bloedertje View Post
    I'm already sick of the new game, i got a kid at my school (yes, school) hes kinda chubby (thats also what we call him) and he always sits in the middle of the cafetaria playing pokemon with thatanoying sound on, and everytime he wins something, he making sound effects as an ''bonus'' to the game, like: doing peew peew and then smashing into the air, have i already told hes kinda chubby??? nevermind, but yes im tired of pokemon
    I can already tell I'm not going to like you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bloedertje View Post
    *facepalm* Haters gonna hate.