Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tired of Pokemon?

Thanks
    EP Points

i reckon the only reason that they have been able to pull pokémon off for so many years is that (incase you havent noticed) they bring out a new game once every year or 2 isnt it? I know theres been a break between black and white to the diamond and pearl (that was the last 2 right?) They have a new generation of kids that wanna play it each time they bring out then the parents remember how much they enjoyed it so they are kind of obliged to buy it for thier kids which is why i reckon they've managed to pull this off for so long. I reckon that 99% of kids nowadays couldnt name 50 of the orginal pokémon anyone agree with that?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

pokemon is too kiddy/childish & too boring to begin with, same apply to naruto, bleach & one piece, all r highly overrated!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    i reckon the only reason that they have been able to pull pokémon off for so many years is that (incase you havent noticed) they bring out a new game once every year or 2 isnt it? I know theres been a break between black and white to the diamond and pearl (that was the last 2 right?) They have a new generation of kids that wanna play it each time they bring out then the parents remember how much they enjoyed it so they are kind of obliged to buy it for thier kids which is why i reckon they've managed to pull this off for so long. I reckon that 99% of kids nowadays couldnt name 50 of the orginal pokémon anyone agree with that?
    I agree, and the only Pokemon I can name off the bat are the first 151 the next few I'm a little iffy about XP
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by demonluo View Post
    pokemon is too kiddy/childish & too boring to begin with, same apply to naruto, bleach & one piece, all r highly overrated!
    pokemon i agree with, but one piece how much of it have you actually watched?
    because if you have watched enough episodes to understand it you'll work out why its rated top 2 anime of all time?
    ive not watched bleach and naruto so im not obliged to comment but there is some really emotional stuff in one piece
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RawrRawrImaBear View Post
    I grew up playing the games, then got a job, got married, had kids and am now coming full circle by playing the newer gens with my children! We have a blast and I think it brings us closer and allows us to spend time together!
    My son enjoys the show, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    With most of the original series on DVD, they can at least see most of them. My son knows a fair bit by sight (he still doesn't talk yet, but he recognizes them).

Thanks
    EP Points

Can I say I never watched or played any Pokemon media?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    My son enjoys the show, but that's about it.
    Your son is rather young though, is he not?

Just downloaded Pokemon White for my little brother today. He wants Pokemon cards for his birthday. I think I might give him my old collection, he's in some serious need of education, starting with Bulbasaur.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post

Just downloaded Pokemon White for my little brother today. He wants Pokemon cards for his birthday. I think I might give him my old collection, he's in some serious need of education, starting with Bulbasaur.
    Two and a half. He loves the show, and he does like to walk around in Leaf Green if he gets hold of my GBA. Or just stare at the title screen and listen to the music.

Thanks

I absolutely adore Pokemon, even after the completely awful D/P/Pt/HG/SS. B/W is a nice mix up and they certainly improved on everything they sucked at in the last generation.

As long as they don't rely on the same formula used for 20 years, I will never get bored. B/W changed enough to make me happy, yet keep the original purpose of the game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Same with my little cousin, i have a huge collection i plan to give him on his birthday =]
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I loved playing the old Pokemon games, yellow was the best but after that one and a few others it got old real quick. The show was okay too but once Ash hit puberty and had that weird voice I stopped watching.

Thanks
    EP Points

The first and second Generation were the best, but after those generations, originality and creativity went down. Another thing is that at first it was understandable that maybe Game Freak hadn't expected the series to become such a cash cow. After Second Gen it was inexusable that people in such a high tech world where if you want to go somewhere, you just have to fly. There is a distinct lack of knowledge of regions from newer regions, but knowledge in those newer regions of older regions is not so limited. Had each gen taken on a different world or in a different universe, then we wouldn't have those problems.

There is also an inconsistency regarding tech. First gen could not have happened that much earlier than second gen, since you face red in the second gen. Every gen also has new legendary pokemon and each generation get's much more powerful or destructive. Fourth Gen introduced a god pokemon. What is next? If you ask me, the formula has dried up and GF will need something new or the series will become even more stale.

My concluding thoughts is that no matter how stale the series becomes, it will be a hit with kids. Many start at the current gen and have not played the earlier gens to compare, esp the first two gens. I would recommend GF to mix some of the old and new so the world of Pokemon doesn't get too over populated with different species. The older species are more creative and original anyway. Alas, GF will not listen to older gamers, since their target audience is the younger generations that haven't fully developed their tastes tp understand why the older games are better.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Make sure to tell him about Mudkip!

Thanks

I love pokemon, but they're running out of ideas to keep it fresh, aside from releasing a console version, there's not a huge amount of room for improvement. Also some of the newer pokemon are so ridiculous it's unbelievable, one is literally a bag of garbage, and another is an ice-cream.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    I love pokemon, but they're running out of ideas to keep it fresh, aside from releasing a console version, there's not a huge amount of room for improvement. Also some of the newer pokemon are so ridiculous it's unbelievable, one is literally a bag of garbage, and another is an ice-cream.
    A gear Pokemon named Gear.

HURHURHUR