Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Anyone tired of Pokemon?

Thanks
    EP Points

I was getting sick of it over ten years ago. I played the original Red, Blue, and Yellow, and was pissed since they were pretty much the same story. Never played another one after those.

There's an evil monkey in my closet!!

Thanks

Yeh, I think if like me, You played pokemon when it began back in the 90's and was still at school... You had people to trade and battle with, Which is kinda the nature of the game.. rather than a solo experience (As you need to trade to 'Catch them all').

I managed to stay interested in the games up to Pokemon Sapphire (My brother had Ruby so i could trade), the anime series up to Johoto and the films i watched up to the one with Celebi in it... (4th ?? 5th movie?)

The problem with pokemon is it has too many pokemon ?!, I mean.. most of us who bought the original games back in the day could remember all 151 quite easily.. even remembering the number order.... Then gold and silver came out... and most could remeber a few... but was mostly about lugia and Ho-Ho...

It's just become all about what are the most powerful pokemon.. rather than each one being unique.. thus over saturating the series with Too much choice !

The core game still looks the same... but the prospect of catching.. 500+ ?? pokemon.. and only begin able to have 6 in your team at one time.. makes it feel like too much effort to try each one out... thus most people choose their pokemone based on looks which is why you see people using the same mainstream pokemon such as pikachu all the time.

I like my experience growing up with pokemon..however.. and im sure the young kids today will latch on to a particular series of pokemon as well. And in its basic state. it is a very good rpg.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not me. Ever since I first played it. I've NEVER gotten tired of it. No matter how many times I've played it, it's always entertained me.
    Currently Listening To: Nightwish - Ghost Love Score
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (FFIV:TCC, PSP), Spelunky (PC), Eversion (PC), Koumajou Densetsu 1 (PC) & Koumajou Densetsu 2 (PC)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've recently decided to try a Nuzlocke run. It's a surprisingly good way to get back into this series.

Give it a shot:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ocke_Challenge

Thanks

i am tired too, because they awlays create an new pokemon generation, just to earn more ca$h, Ash Ketchum will have 26 Years and will keep losing on the final, pikachu will never evolve to an Raichu, but the 4-11 Years Kid Will Keep watching this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    I've recently decided to try a Nuzlocke run. It's a surprisingly good way to get back into this series.

Give it a shot:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ocke_Challenge
    Huh, that does sound interesting, I might try it one of these times.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not tired of it I am just glad Game Freak decided to go in a different direction with the new games. (I.E. focus more heavily on story than collecting[even though it is still a major part the story does have a lot of substance to it])
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lordrand11 View Post
    I'm not tired of it I am just glad Game Freak decided to go in a different direction with the new games. (I.E. focus more heavily on story
    They didn't.

The story of the new game comes down to roughly "WE WANTZ TO FREE TEH POKEMANZ CAUSE WE ARE EVILS" and "POKEMANZ ARE STILL HUMAN SLAVES NOW ALL IS GOODZ." Still the same oold stuff, just tweaks to the gameplay.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

RPG's good Other stuff not so good, cartoons are kids only stuffs as is half the games

They can release as many RPG's as they like provided they add or change something in them, a number are re-releases with updated graphics, not bad if you want to play em again at some point might aswell be an updated version

The Pokemon battle games are not my thing but can see how they are enjoyable

Hey nothing wrong with collecting them all, most the games I play I like to collect everything possible, pokemon just made that the main point to the game

If you look at Pokemon overall I would say it's not my thing at all, but I love RPG's and the Pokemon RPG games are not that bad at all

If you want to see the same story rehashed then play Breath of Fire, most have the same basic story and the main hero is the same one throughout, that asides I like those aswell

If people didn't buy and love those Pokemon games they would stop making them

Personly wouldn't mind playing em just can't be bothered, bigger and beter things to play at the moment
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-May-2011 at 13:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

they barely tweak the gameplay

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

From what I recall reading long ago, the creator of the series convinced his own father to support him until he was able to market what he had put together, and here we are today witnessing the strangeness of his resultant empire. Regardless of anything else, it is inspiring to me that he succeeded so handsomely.

Thanks
    EP Points

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

The way I look at is like this. I play every third or forth game in the series and it keeps the Pokemon series fresh for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheCynics View Post
    I was getting sick of it over ten years ago. I played the original Red, Blue, and Yellow, and was pissed since they were pretty much the same story. Never played another one after those.
    You do know that those are the same game right?