Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan

Thanks

Good to hear, floods, fires and then a sudden Chernobyl would be overkill.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DevilandtheSea View Post
    The coolant wasn't needed, or so says a report I just read. Japan evacuated everyone within 3 km of the reactor, and gave instructions for everyone within 10 km to stay indoors. They said the leak is minimal and under control, which is a relief.
    This must be new news, because as of 25 minutes ago, they say now 5 are in danger still, but 2 are in really bad shape.

Then again, the media is sometimes getting shit screwed up.

Thanks

is there a place in japan that wasnt hit totally by the tsunami?

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    This must be new news, because as of 25 minutes ago, they say now 5 are in danger still, but 2 are in really bad shape.

Then again, the media is sometimes getting shit screwed up.
    No this could very well be old news, already. You're probably getting better info. Looks like the report I was reading is over two hours old already, I didn't realize that when I posted in this thread last.

Things are happening fast over there right now - it's kind of hard to get a clear understanding of what's really happening since I'm just keeping up with articles online.

Thanks

Earthquakes, tsunamis, and now chemical problems... Oof.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    is there a place in japan that wasnt hit totally by the tsunami?
    Not that i know of, all of Japan has been hit by what i've seen and heard of this tragedy
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

Ive heard that a nuclear power plant had exploded while the earthquake happened

or something like that

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

or something like that
    You have a recurrent problem with hearing/posting nonfactual information then. Don't venture into the realms of Twitter, you might start succumbing to rumors about Satoshi Tajiri.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

or something like that
    Nah, it was i minor leak that flead everyone and a huge power failure that has caused the reactor's coolers to malfunction. If I'm not mistaken, President Obama stated that the US is sending coolant to help cool it down. P.S All info i saw/heard on the news
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

I heard late last night about the tsunami and was deeply saddened, especially when I read that one of the nuclear power plants there was leaking radiation. But at least help is being sent over and the death toll has been relatively low from what I've seen so far. Still a horrible tragedy, I really hope that the relief effort is quick and efficient. Poor people.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    You have a recurrent problem with hearing/posting nonfactual information then. Don't venture into the realms of Twitter, you might start succumbing to rumors about Satoshi Tajiri.
    this is why I never bothered to sign up on that facebook or twitter nonsense, it's just one of so many ways to spread lies and misinformation

Anyway what happened to Japan is genuinely horrible but everyone is already sending help and they have a long history of recovering from disasters like this so I guess theyll be fine

Thanks
    EP Points

Just read this and thought it was interesting:
    (CNN) -- The powerful earthquake that unleashed a devastating tsunami Friday appears to have moved the main island of Japan by 8 feet (2.4 meters) and shifted the Earth on its axis.

"At this point, we know that one GPS station moved (8 feet), and we have seen a map from GSI (Geospatial Information Authority) in Japan showing the pattern of shift over a large area is consistent with about that much shift of the land mass," said Kenneth Hudnut, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

Reports from the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Italy estimated the 8.9-magnitude quake shifted the planet on its axis by nearly 4 inches (10 centimeters).
    The headline at the top says that Kyodo News has reported that over 9,500 are "unaccounted for."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The headline at the top says that Kyodo News has reported that over 9,500 are "unaccounted for."
    ....that's just unbearable =(

Thanks

meh, i dont like twitter

i just get my info wrong

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Reports from the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Italy estimated the 8.9-magnitude quake shifted the planet on its axis by nearly 4 inches (10 centimeters).