Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan

Thanks

Also it would appear Japan's Gundam Statue did not survive this quake..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    Also it would appear Japan's Gundam Statue did not survive this quake..

*snippage*
    At the expense of sounding like an asshole, that's one of the most hilarious comments I've seen about this.

Thanks

Not that it's funny but.... LOL!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    At the expense of sounding like an asshole, that's one of the most hilarious comments I've seen about this.
    It is amusing, in an odd sort of way.. But also not really at all. That was a really cool (and expensive) piece of art, and it sucks really badly that it was destroyed..

Thanks
    EP Points

It is amusing, in an odd sort of way.. But also not really at all. That was a really cool (and expensive) piece of art, and it sucks really badly that it was destroyed..
    Indeed. But it's a bit silly that of all the things someone could report about in the middle of something like this, they actually decided that the state of the Gundam statue was important.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is devastating, especially to a few of my friends... We have Japanese foreign students that are visiting our school and once they heard about this they were really upset... I pray that Japan can be peacefully restored

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Yeah, I live on an island on the West Coast. I'm not quite on the West Coast, so I doubt I will actually see any waves if they do come, but places on the opposite side of the island might be affected.

I'm on the opposite side of the island circled in red, right across from Vancouver. Still though, I know people out in Tofino and Ucluelet, which are right on the ocean. Kind of scary.
    My friend lives on the other end of that island...I do hope nothing catastrophic happens =/
    Last edited by bigbigbuddy; 11th-March-2011 at 22:11.
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

That's fucking insane. Those quakes are happening way too often and they're 4-6 degrees each in Honshu? Damn.

I know quakes might happen often, but compared to 2.5 to 3 degrees in say, Alaska, it's really frightening.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    That's fucking insane. Those quakes are happening way too often and they're 4-6 degrees each in Honshu? Damn.

I know quakes might happen often, but compared to 2.5 to 3 degrees in say, Alaska, it's really frightening.
    I know what you mean o.o
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    EP Points

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...quakes_all.php

A listing of all the aftershocks caused by this quake.. This is insanity.
    That's pretty crazy. I saw some footage of it earlier today, with streets completely flooded and people's homes turned upside down. Pretty sure I'd also be scared shitless if the whole world was basically falling apart around me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I hope there is a way that we can help. I'm really saddened by the news, I was watching CNN when it was suddenly broke into the news. We must do something!

My wai-fu, among many other wai-fu, and they are my current favorite. What? Too nerdy? Well, I think it is.
    The Four Eyed Squire LP channel.

Thanks

Thanks for changing title. I was just shocked and used it for shock value.

There was a ton of dead sardines here on the west coast like 2 days before the quake. I originally thought this was all a Battle: Los Angeles promotion. But this seems bigger than trying to sell some tickets to a disaster film.
    Last edited by Solbadude; 12th-March-2011 at 01:49.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What a sad deal in Japan. The footage I have seen on TV and online just shocking and it almost makes you speechless.

We are still on advisory here in Washington.

Now the big problem in Japan is the nuclear power plants, there is atleast 2 to 4 that are in very bad shape. Hopefully nothing else happens over there. Just a very sad day.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    What a sad deal in Japan. The footage I have seen on TV and online just shocking and it almost makes you speechless.

We are still on advisory here in Washington.

Now the big problem in Japan is the nuclear power plants, there is atleast 2 to 4 that are in very bad shape. Hopefully nothing else happens over there. Just a very sad day.
    Last I had heard, the US was rushing over some coolant or something or other to the plants as part of their "aid" package. I heard that this morning, though, on CNN, for about the ten minutes that I watched it, and Obama sounded full of himself (standard) and the anchor sounded like she shouldn't have been allowed to pass kindergarten (also standard).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Last I had heard, the US was rushing over some coolant or something or other to the plants as part of their "aid" package. I heard that this morning, though, on CNN, for about the ten minutes that I watched it, and Obama sounded full of himself (standard) and the anchor sounded like she shouldn't have been allowed to pass kindergarten (also standard).
    I heard the same, except I also heard that the coolant may not be enough =/

Thanks

The coolant wasn't needed, or so says a report I just read. Japan evacuated everyone within 3 km of the reactor, and gave instructions for everyone within 10 km to stay indoors. They said the leak is minimal and under control, which is a relief.