Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any fun but easy-to-play multiplayer games on PS2?

Thanks

Default Any fun but easy-to-play multiplayer games on PS2?

Hi all,

So I'm at my sister's for a few days and thought itd be fun to break out the PS2. I've got a collection of my "nerdy" games, but wanted to get some multiplayer loving going on!

Problem is, I don't know a single decent multiplayer game, RPGs have stolen my soul! would anyone be kind enough to recommend some that my sis could manage? (we used to play goldeneye + mario kart back on the '64 - she's more of a casual gamer)

Pretty much anything goes, though she aint so keen on FPSs in general..

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

If you used to play GoldenEye, I think the SOCOM series has splitscreen multiplayer.

Other than that I don't have an idea of what to recommend since I barely know any games for that thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

I seem to recall Ratchet & Clank 3 having a passably amusing multiplayer function, and it's a good game to boot

Thanks
    EP Points

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I and II are pretty decent action-RPGs that are much more fun when playing co-op. As long as one of you can handle staying alive, you can revive any KO'ed second players by just running past save points (which can be found almost every 10 feet).

My boyfriend and I used to play Star Wars Battlefront for ages, though I'm not particularly into shooters either. It's got aim assist and such, so even if she's terrible at playing, she should do fairly well.

The Katamari games can be fun (although usually for a limited time). Katamari Forever has a co-op mode which can either be incredibly frustrating or absolutely hilarious. Definitely a more "casual" series.

In class at the moment, but hopefully I'll remember a few more when I can focus a little better.

Supreme Warrior Guest

if you want a fun Multiplayer FPS give Time splitters 2 or Future Perfect a try.

Thanks

thanks for the replies so far guys. Loved Timesplitters (esp. the monkey), but she had trouble playing that

I didn't even realise DA had a co-op mode, so thanks for the suggestion, Milady

Will definately check that and R&C

Much love

Thanks

There's the racing games: Crash Nitro Kart, Pac-Man World Rally and Sonic Riders (i recommend the "Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity).

There's also Battle Stadium D.O.N, it's like Smash Bros. but with some of the characters from Naruto, Dragon Ball and One Piece. Digimon Rumble Arena are like SB too, pretty fun

Thanks

the naruto games and dragon ball z games are fun and so are tony hawk games.

Thanks

I think you have to unlock the multi-player through the single-player campaign first, but I remember Spy Hunter being entertaining.

Thanks
    EP Points

The warriors!

I can't believe no one has mentioned that game yet!

It has awesome multiplayer brawl arenas and plenty of gangs to choose...but first you have unlock them in the story mode since only the warriors and the baseball furies are alvaible at first and also

Spoiler warning:
    Watching Mercy and her gang beating the orphans is genuinely satisfying

Thanks

I think noone's ever heard of that title, but "Urban Reign" was THE Beat'emUp I've played with my friends whole weekends. Story was garbage, but in the multiplayer mode 4 players could fight each other. Especially after beating the game and having the 50 different players (with 15 or so different fighting styles) unlocked. You could use some weapons (knives, pipes etc.). For me the best 4-player PS2-Game^^

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't believe nobody's mentioned The Adventures of Cookie and Cream yet.

Controls are simple and easy to learn... action button, jump button, analog stick. Although, being a 2-player co-op, the success of one player is dependent on the other... keep your sense of humor with you at all times, lest you start yelling at your partner!
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 12th-March-2011 at 18:23.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks

Try to get a few of the Buzz! games, can´t recomend the sports Quiz, but the others are funny, but you need the Buzzer thingys, otherwise you can´t play. The Lego Star Wars games are good too.

Thanks

conflict global strom is the best

Thanks

how about.... virtua fighter 4?

Rewardsgaming.net