Thread: NeoRAGEX 5.2a doesn't run games with .bin extension

Thanks

Default NeoRAGEX 5.2a doesn't run games with .bin extension

Hi, everyone.I have NeoRageX 5.2a emulator and some roms.These roms are located in the emulator default ROMS folder.The roms themselves are .bin files archived (.zip).The problem is that the emulator doesn't find the roms ,since nothing shows on left panel, where there is a list of all games the emulator is able to emulate.I've already tried to select IMPORT , but the emulator stil doesn't run the games.I read this emulator can't handle .bin files, only .rom extension, as .bin files are used by mame(at least that's what I've read) .So, there is no way which I can play these games on NeoRAGEX?

Supreme Warrior Guest

if you want a better Neogeo emulation experience use Kawaks or Mame plus.

Thanks
    EP Points

you need to put the compressed roms in ZIP format in the roms directory, then open the emulator and click REFRESH (or audit, it has been ages since i last used neorage)

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior
    if you want a better Neogeo emulation experience use Kawaks or Mame plus.

if you are seriously into ng, you should know neorage kicks every other emulators asses.
    Last edited by cOcO!; 11th-March-2011 at 15:43.

Thanks

Thanks guys, but it seems NeoRAGE x simply doesn't run .bin. extension compressed roms.I've downloaded a rom with .rom extension, and it works.Like cOco said, neorage x is really optimized for NeoGeo MVS and AVS games.By the way, I don't know how to emulate with MAME.Thanks again, anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

neorage roms and mame neo geo roms are from different sets. if you use the neorage roms in mame they will not work, and vice-versa. try with another version of the emulator, there are trillions of hacked versions that use different romsets.

Thanks

Thanks for the tips, cOco, but there is a brazilian site(whose users developed neorage X) which hosts .rom files, so it's kay now