Thread: Suggestions on what FlashCard to get for DS (Original Big DS)

Thanks

Question Suggestions on what FlashCard to get for DS (Original Big DS)

So yeah New to this and I noticed there were so many different brands i've done some research and heard ppl say R4 SDHC was the best i could choose but then i read they don't exist anymore and that the ones out there are fake is that true?

Honestly i know i'm partly being paranoid but i find shifty through all the bs a bit tiresome can anyone help me out here.Btw i'm canadian so if u could suggest anywhere I could buy one for a decent price i'd appreciate it

Thanks
    EP Points

Acekard 2i

Thanks

Cyclos Evolution most definitely it works, Continually is updated, I love my EVO... Its a little bit more pricy compared to other cards but its worth it in build quality and support.

And If its okay *unsure never posted such info* here is the where 2 buy page for ds evolution.
    http://cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods...age=wheretobuy
    Last edited by Willard; 10th-March-2011 at 16:13. Reason: added link to where 2 buy

Thanks

thank you very much I really appericate this. So I found this one on the net
    http://www.digimartz.com/acekard-2i-...ping_p313.html
    what you say is it good?

To be honest i wanted to get a bundle with a card read and memory stick but soo expensive, specially the ones you mentioned but probley for good reasons too

Thanks

I would get the Acekard 2.1 it's the one I have now and it's simple and easy to use. I don't know about the 2i, but I think that if you're getting a fat (Getting a fat is a dumb idea in my opinion because Lites are super pro) then I think that a 2.1 would do fine. Here's the one I bought. http://shoptemp.net/products/Acekard-2.1.html

Edit: You can also buy a micro SD card from http://www.newegg.com/ at a decent price.
    Last edited by Littledood; 10th-March-2011 at 17:07.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have one of the original R4 carts, mine was a little expensive but I heard those fake R4 carts work okay and there cheaper now. If you do buy one look into using R4 wood software for it. Overall it has way more game compatibility and it just looks and feels better than original software. That or get an Acekard 2i.

Thanks

Acekard2i is, in my opinion one of the very best "discount" carts out there. I've been using Acekards for awhile now and have had minimal trouble getting games to run, plus AKAIO firmware is really top notch.

R4 is good, as long as it isn't a junk clone and you make sure to install Wood Firmware.

Stay away from the iSmart Premium, it is a headache that the average user will not be up to dealing with, I speak from personal experience when I say that their compatibility rate hovers around 50% and communication and updates are few and far between. Anyways, good luck with whatever you choose! Homebrew and the ability to play your own backups is absolutely phenomenal.

(also, when I say "discount" I mean carts that don't have their own RAM and functions that are around)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Electrona View Post
    I have one of the original R4 carts, mine was a little expensive but I heard those fake R4 carts work okay and there cheaper now. If you do buy one look into using R4 wood software for it. Overall it has way more game compatibility and it just looks and feels better than original software. That or get an Acekard 2i.
    So the Fake R4 Carts are just as good? they cheap so thats why i was looking at them but i must admit Acekard 2i really has a nice look to it

Quote Originally Posted by RawrRawrImaBear View Post
    Acekard2i is, in my opinion one of the very best "discount" carts out there. I've been using Acekards for awhile now and have had minimal trouble getting games to run, plus AKAIO firmware is really top notch.

R4 is good, as long as it isn't a junk clone and you make sure to install Wood Firmware.

Stay away from the iSmart Premium, it is a headache that the average user will not be up to dealing with, I speak from personal experience when I say that their compatibility rate hovers around 50% and communication and updates are few and far between. Anyways, good luck with whatever you choose! Homebrew and the ability to play your own backups is absolutely phenomenal.

(also, when I say "discount" I mean carts that don't have their own RAM and functions that are around)
    Alright So if i decide to get Acekard 2i do any of u know here i could get a deal on 1. I rather get a package with the card reader to go with it i can always get a memory card later tho (yes i know they usually come with them but the ones i saw just had the Acekard 2i itself)
    Last edited by ultace; 10th-March-2011 at 17:47. Reason: added more

Thanks

Alright I just ordered a Acekard 2i online thanks for all the help guys and gals (if there are any LOL)

Supreme Warrior Guest

if you decide to get another DS flash card give a SuperCard a try, I have both the DSone i and the DSTwo, both are Excellent, I got them from Kickgaming (Located in Canada), they even price match so you can get them for a really good price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    if you decide to get another DS flash card give a SuperCard a try, I have both the DSone i and the DSTwo, both are Excellent, I got them from Kickgaming (Located in Canada), they even price match so you can get them for a really good price.
    HOW DOES THE PRICE MATCH WORK CAN U CHOOSE ANY SITE TO MATCH oops sry caps

Supreme Warrior Guest

just browse google and find the cheapest price for the card you want, make sure the site is lagit and once you place your order with Kickgaming send them a email with the site and their price and they will refund you the difference.

I love Kickgaming, everywhere here in the states is a ripoff and i do not want to order from some place in china or hongkong.

Trust me on Supercards though, i have used many a card and they all are inferior to SC, you can even run GBA and SNES,MAME, ect. with the Supercard DSTwo
    Last edited by Supreme Warrior; 10th-March-2011 at 23:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm a bit late since you say you've already ordered, but I figure I may as well toss in my two cents, anyways.

If you only want to play DS games, you can't go wrong with an Acekard 2i. The only difference between the 2 and 2i is that the 2i supports DSi systems (including XL) as well as the originals and lite. It's one of the cheapest, and one of the most compatible.

If you want extra features like cheat support, real-time saves (effectively save states), a media player, and single-card SNES and GBA loading, you'll want a Supercard DSTWO. It's considerably more expensive, but it's the most powerful card on the market at the moment. It blows everything out of the water, including the CycloDS.

As for SD cards, you definitely don't want to buy the SD in a bundle with the flash card. 99% of the time, you end up with a Class 2 Sandisk or Kingston, which are absolute shit (pardon my French). You're best off buying a Class 6 micro SDHC card from either Transcend or A-Data off Newegg or a similar store. Both brands are highly rated, and I've had personal success with A-Data, while I'm pretty sure Milady had similar results with a Transcend. Don't bother with a Class 10 card, as most are either a) false hype or b) using the SD 3.0 specification, which very few devices currently support. And I'm pretty sure no flash cards support SD 3.0 yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    I'm a bit late since you say you've already ordered, but I figure I may as well toss in my two cents, anyways.

If you only want to play DS games, you can't go wrong with an Acekard 2i. The only difference between the 2 and 2i is that the 2i supports DSi systems (including XL) as well as the originals and lite. It's one of the cheapest, and one of the most compatible.

If you want extra features like cheat support, real-time saves (effectively save states), a media player, and single-card SNES and GBA loading, you'll want a Supercard DSTWO. It's considerably more expensive, but it's the most powerful card on the market at the moment. It blows everything out of the water, including the CycloDS.

As for SD cards, you definitely don't want to buy the SD in a bundle with the flash card. 99% of the time, you end up with a Class 2 Sandisk or Kingston, which are absolute shit (pardon my French). You're best off buying a Class 6 micro SDHC card from either Transcend or A-Data off Newegg or a similar store. Both brands are highly rated, and I've had personal success with A-Data, while I'm pretty sure Milady had similar results with a Transcend. Don't bother with a Class 10 card, as most are either a) false hype or b) using the SD 3.0 specification, which very few devices currently support. And I'm pretty sure no flash cards support SD 3.0 yet.
    It does things the iEVO doesn't because stuff has been written for it but from a technical standpoint the iEVO completely obliterates the Supercard.
    Last edited by Willard; 13th-March-2011 at 11:22. Reason: minor clearification