Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help burning PSX games

Thanks

Default Help burning PSX games

Yep, I'm a noob. I downloaded Legend of Dragoon for PSX, all 4 .iso files work fine. I downloaded Dino Crisis and Tomba!, but don't know how to use these since they are different than the LoD files. I even tried to burn them on a CD and pop it in (as CD, not data). It seemed like it wanted to play it, but never got past the sony playstation black logo screen. Please help.
    Last edited by audioincubus; 9th-March-2011 at 20:38. Reason: Due to confusion

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're not sure where to put your thread, you could at least give it a descriptive title, so that the staff can move it where it needs to go. Also, you might want to tell us what kind of files they are, since the only thing you've told us is which type they are not. I would guess your files are .bin and .cue files, but I could easily be mistaken, and therefore give you information that is inappropriate for your situation.

Being "a noob" is no excuse for failing to familiarize yourself with the forum, especially when an announcement (visible at the top of every single subforum you visit) was just posted by the staff about this sort of thing. We are forgiving of mistakes, but we prefer to see evidence that at least some form of effort was put into the threads, requests, etc. posted by our members.
    Last edited by Milady; 9th-March-2011 at 20:28.

Thanks

Okay, thanks. The 3 files I got from the Tomba! download here were .img, .ccd, and .sub

Thanks
    EP Points

How did you burn the games?

- What burning software
    - What brand CD-R
    - How is your PS1/PS2 modded? Modchip? Swap trick? Other?
    - What write speed did you use?

etc.

EDIT: Changed the title and moved to the correct forum...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by audioincubus View Post
    . I even tried to burn them on a CD and pop it in (as CD, not data).
    I'm guessing from the "even" here that he's trying to run them on an emulator, and just decided to try and burn a physical copy because mounting them wasn't working. Otherwise I would have asked for all that, too.

If I'm not mistaken, the .ccd file is what you mount using Daemon Tools and the like. I don't have a PSX emulator on this computer to fool about with, though.
    Last edited by Milady; 9th-March-2011 at 20:46.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm using PSX emulator on my PC. I just used a normal burning program, nothing special. I hadn't realized there were numerous file types. The LoD files are all .iso and play from my folder, but these Tomba/Dino Crisis files don't do anything. Both games are .img, .ccd. and .sub. I'll try the deamon tool thing, but I'm not a fan of playing with my computer in such a way. And thanks for moving the post for me and changing the description.

Thanks
    EP Points

In what way will you be "playing with your computer?" You start the program, mount the image, run the "disc." When you're finished, you can stop the program. There are no permanent effects.

I know at least one of the PSX emulators gives the option to mount the image for you, but you haven't told us which you're using, so...

Thanks

It's PSX from emulator zone. V 1_13

Thanks
    EP Points

Doesn't it support .img files? I'm pretty sure I've played ccd/img/sub images on pSX without using Daemon Tools.

Are you sure you don't have .img.ecm?

Thanks

No, I tried to play these. I've put them in the cdimages folder, save folder, bios folder, utils folder. It always denies the file when trying to load the cdimage. And its just .img

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Tomba is a single track image, so you'll have no ill effects if you simply change the extension of the .img file to .iso. Dino Crisis is 2 tracks, but IIRC the second track is a warning telling you not to put the disc in your CD player If that's the case you can get away with changing the extension there too
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

changing .img to .iso didn't do anything. In fact, when choosing load cdimage, it still doesn't show up. The other tomba file types .ccd and .sub do, and the LoD.iso (s) do ,but not the tomba regardless if its in .img or .iso format.
    '

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't you tell it to look for all file types?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by audioincubus View Post
    changing .img to .iso didn't do anything. In fact, when choosing load cdimage, it still doesn't show up. The other tomba file types .ccd and .sub do, and the LoD.iso (s) do ,but not the tomba regardless if its in .img or .iso format.
    '
    just get epsxe, i know it supports .img files, i was just playing one

Thanks

I originally tried epsxe, but came up with the error that "burutter.dll" is missing from my computer when its sitting right next to the bios....