Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Musician's Hangout 2.0 (Post-Rollback Edition)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey, does anyone know what this is? As you can see, it has only a foot button and a mono 1/4" jack. As far as I know, it has no input.
    I figured it would be worth at least a dollar, so I bid.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Jazz - If I remember right, Crumar was an Italian company that made keyboards, organs (they were a competitor of Hammond in their day, so I've read) and rhythm machines, so it's likely a footswitch for one or the other. What it does will depend on the type of switch it's loaded with (momentary, latching, single/double throw, etc), and how it's wired.

Heck, it's worth a buck, just for parts. I think you made a safe bet.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    @Jazz - If I remember right, Crumar was an Italian company that made keyboards, organs (they were a competitor of Hammond in their day, so I've read) and rhythm machines, so it's likely a footswitch for one or the other. What it does will depend on the type of switch it's loaded with (momentary, latching, single/double throw, etc), and how it's wired.

Heck, it's worth a buck, just for parts. I think you made a safe bet.
    Any of those things sound fun to play with, if it happens to be one. And yes, for a buck we all win.
    Most likely, it will be something I cannot use, but I could always turn around and sell it to someone that CAN use it. Since I do not know if it has an input yet, I assume it does not, so the actual thing it does is a mystery.

I have found tutorials on making my own pedals, so if it really is boring, Ill just stick an 1/4" input jack and rewire it to do something fun.
    +rep for your help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok, I won the auction for the pedal for $1.00! And I also got the Casio DH-100 for 5.50.
    Anyhow, If I do find that the pedal has no input and is specifically for some obscure 80's keyboard, then I am going to gut it and make an arduinoboy.
    I have almost all of the parts, 5pin DIN jacks, LEDs, 9volt battery connector, and then the case from the Crumar pedal. All I is an arduino pro mini 5v. After I build that, I can control my GBs via midi, which means I can play the DH-100 through my GB and come out 8bit. That also means any midi capable instrument of course, including PC with this USB>Midi cable I bought a while back for my RB3 keyboard.

IM GONNA HAVE SOO MUCH FUN!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Ok, I won the auction for the pedal for $1.00! And I also got the Casio DH-100 for 5.50.
    Anyhow, If I do find that the pedal has no input and is specifically for some obscure 80's keyboard, then I am going to gut it and make an arduinoboy.
    I have almost all of the parts, 5pin DIN jacks, LEDs, 9volt battery connector, and then the case from the Crumar pedal. All I is an arduino pro mini 5v. After I build that, I can control my GBs via midi, which means I can play the DH-100 through my GB and come out 8bit. That also means any midi capable instrument of course, including PC with this USB>Midi cable I bought a while back for my RB3 keyboard.

IM GONNA HAVE SOO MUCH FUN!
    Congrats on winning the gear you bid on.

In it's current state, the Crumar pedal doesn't have an input, and probably is for some old obscure keyboard/drum machine. It could potentially switch channels/reverb on an amp, but that's about it.

I think turning it into an arduinoboy is a much more exciting idea. Plus, it'll put new life into something destined for secondhand purgatory. Now that's what I call "recycling".

Be sure and post here to let us all know how it turns out, OK?
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So I got the pedal and DH-100, and both are great. I cleaned up the pedal and opened it up, turns out it was nothing more than a hold or sustain pedal. boring.
    I will use it to make an arduinoboy as stated earlier and keep the button intact to use as the mode switch button. Gonna be great!

The DH-100 is already sold, just waiting for the guy to get a few more bucks. He is paying me 75 shipped and I am turning around and buying the parts for the arduinoboy.

Now I bid on a Pyramid 7 band equalizer and won. Does anyone want to buy it? It is music related, so someone could use it. I don't have it on hand yet, so I cannot guarantee it's working order (although they said it works fine). And I cannot say how scuffed it is, so no price will be determined if anyone is interested.
    When I grab it, I will clean it off and test it, then post a thread about it here and on 8bc, the 8bit music forum I use. Just an estimate, Im thinking about 20 shipped for that. Its more than that on ebay, but most come with some sort of documentation and such. Deals deals deals!
    I can not say which model either, but here are some photos:

Stock photo.
    Actual photo.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone know of a cheap good AMP brand that has good distortion options and is a good amp in general?

Thanks
    EP Points

@Lefty - I'd be happy to offer some advice, but first, may I ask what purpose this amp would serve? Bedroom practice, band rehearsal/small gig, or full-on club gig? Also, how much $$$ are you willing to invest? There are many good amps out there, but some might be to big, too small, or too pricey for what you want. It also might help to know which style of music you play most often, or which tones you're hoping to get (some YouTube links would be helpful, in that case).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey guys. I'm GameHelpOnline, but my friends call me Josh.

So I play a lil' guitar. I sing, but not very good. And I play Piano, only thing I can play is the Star Wars theme.

Anyway, I love music, and I'm currently writing my own music. I'm also an Ex-DJ with the DJ Name: DJ Shade. I did a lot of DJ gigs here in Iowa for a while.

Anyway hi. Lol. =P

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Josh... nice to meet you, and thanks for posting. Best of luck with your composing/writing!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks! Lol.

Lord knows I need it. >.<

Thanks

Hey nice. A musician thread. Almost made one myself but I'm glad I saw this in time. lol

Anyway, Iceferno is my main musician name, though I use aliases for different styles. I make music using software. I did used to play instruments (the piano and then the trumpet), but it was years ago. I'd like to learn them again someday. You can find my latest work here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/IceyOnly

I do originals and remixes (incl. VG remixes). My Zelda remixes seem to be quite popular on YouTube. I've done 4 of them so far.
    Iceferno | www.Iceferno.com
    I'm also on Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud,
    Mixcloud and YouTube (1) & (2)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for posting, Iceferno! I enjoyed your remix of "Zora's Domain" from Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Good work!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Woot! intro time!

I'm Zeik (obviously) and I started playing guitar about 10 years ago. Life kinda got in the way, so I'm nowhere near as good as I should be if I had played constantly, but it is what it is.

As far as gear's concerned, I have 2 ESP M-IIs, one new (2010) NTB, and one '91 vintage, along with my first Squire strat, and an oldschool telecaster. Ive got a pandora PX5 and a couple stomp boxes, and 2 or 3 practice amps, and right now I'm looking for a good solution for recording. hooking everything up to my computer, I get lag from the comp speakers, which really throws me off, and i dont have a solution to monitor the sound in real time. I've got an opportunity to provide some samples for an album, but they comp problem's ridiculous, and micing the amps dosnt provide good enough quality.

anybody got any (cheap or free) recommendations?

ETA: Lefty, Line-6 is an awesome brand with a wide range of products, i picked up a little 15w 1x8 for around $100 new, has 3 different distortion modes and all kinds of phasing effects and whatnot built-in, you can probably find something like that hella cheap used. your local music store may also stock some used gear, and you can find some awesome values there if you look hard enough.

and Lee, thats a sweet axe youre building. wish i had that kind of skill, patience, or whatever you wanna call it.
    Last edited by ZeikHunter; 12th-August-2011 at 11:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    @Lefty - I'd be happy to offer some advice, but first, may I ask what purpose this amp would serve? Bedroom practice, band rehearsal/small gig, or full-on club gig? Also, how much $$$ are you willing to invest? There are many good amps out there, but some might be to big, too small, or too pricey for what you want. It also might help to know which style of music you play most often, or which tones you're hoping to get (some YouTube links would be helpful, in that case).
    I'm just looking for a amp for bedroom pratice for now. It dosen't have to be big. I'd rather it be small, but still have the option for a clean sound and a distorted sound. By the way, I'm getting pretty good at guitar.