Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Musician's Hangout 2.0 (Post-Rollback Edition)

Thanks

Just got done recording some covers for a band audition. Coincidentally, my throat is murdering me.

I'm not quite the vocalist they want (they're after a Randy Blythe clone and I can't do inhale screams for shit, plus my natural voice is a fair bit lower) but I reckon I'm about all they've got right now.

Thanks

...and now they've changed their mind as to what type of vocals they want. Now they're chasing after a Killswitch Engage clone.

Fuck em.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Snuffy - A wise man once said to me: "If you don't sing, you can't call the tune." In other words, "Fuck 'em". Something else will come along in time, I'm sure.

@Owly - Not sure of the brand quality on a Welmar piano... I think they're only sold in the UK. However, if it works for you, and you like how it plays, that's all that matters.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Lemme drag out a pic...

That's a Dimarzio Super 2 hooked up to a single volume pot, to the output jack.

I like my guitar simple .

It started out as a rectangular block of wood, and i'm replacing the neck atm, so i don't have picture assembled .
    That's an odd bridge :O At first glance I thought it was an Ibanez LoPro

That's also an interesting position for a humbucker :O

How much time/money has that all run you? I want to try my hand at making a guitar, probably from maple, then dropping in Dimarzio SuperDistortions, and putting on an Ibanez RG350 neck. I'm thinking an original Edge tremolo too, but I'm not 100% on that. I'm wondering how much money I should save up first though, I have all of the tools but I'm sure unexpected expenses will pop up here and there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ramzaruglia View Post
    I wonder if you guys know any programs that can produce some beats. I'm planning to join the Nerdcore community on their quest to spread nerdy music. I hope you guys can help me...
    Fruityloops

Thanks
    Blog Entries

We should have a "Post Your Gear" thread. That would be interesting :3

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey !nstaGib... there used to be a "post your rig" thread here (I remember because I posted in it...post-rollback, even), but it seems to have vanished. Guess the Mods didn't feel it was necessary. It does seem like a good idea, tho.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    Hey !nstaGib... there used to be a "post your rig" thread here (I remember because I posted in it...post-rollback, even), but it seems to have vanished. Guess the Mods didn't feel it was necessary. It does seem like a good idea, tho.
    I may just open one if I have the motivation to get all of my stuff together and take a picture of it

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Jazz... Close, but no cigar. Good try, tho.

The thread I was thinking of was for posting your guitar/bass/keys/P.A. rig. If I remember right, it was called "Favorite guitar setup... GO". I'd start a new one, but my digital camera was stolen from a gig on Sunday.

EDIT: Camera has been found, I go pick it up tomorrow. Pics to follow.
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 7th-April-2011 at 00:02.

Thanks
    EP Points

What's up people I'm lordrand11 and I play bass and electric guitar.
    My bass is a Hohner B2 V Steel String and my Electric is a Fender Stratocaster.
    I'm ok with the Bass and I'm still learning with the electric. I'm looking into getting a Pod X Pro so I can record my music onto the computer any shop recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm John and I play acoustic and electric guitar. My acoustic is a Fernando I-don't-know-what, and my electric is a ~2000 Squier SP-10 Strat. I know, it's kind of tripe, but it sounds much better than the other beginner guitars available in my town. I got a nice Roland Cube 30X as my amp. Real nice, but I wish the delay was more audible.

I also sing, and I think I can sing fine. I've been told I can reach a pretty high octave for a guy (or, higher than average, at least.)

I've been playing for about three years now, I think I'm pretty decent, but I can't do really fast stuff yet.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks
    EP Points

@johnxfire - Those Roland Cubes are really nice amps. I've already used a Micro-cube as a straight-to-PA guitar preamp, and it sounded great. Squier strats are solid guitars... I own a 2002 affinity special in butterscotch blonde (w/ black 'guard). The pickups are a bit weak, but the tone is classic.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been getting better at playing guitar. Picked up an automatic tuner. I know they say to learn to tune by ear, but I its much easier to use an autotuner when starting out. Also, my friend finally wanted to jam with me for the first time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    @johnxfire - Those Roland Cubes are really nice amps. I've already used a Micro-cube as a straight-to-PA guitar preamp, and it sounded great. Squier strats are solid guitars... I own a 2002 affinity special in butterscotch blonde (w/ black 'guard). The pickups are a bit weak, but the tone is classic.
    I agree my friend. Roland Cubes are sick amps. I'm glad I bought it. And yeah, Squiers are actually pretty fine. I don't get why people bash them. Sure, there are better guitars, but that doesn't make Squier as bad as the unbranded crud in my country.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!