Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Musician's Hangout 2.0 (Post-Rollback Edition)

Thanks
    EP Points

Arrow Musician's Hangout 2.0 (Post-Rollback Edition)

The old Musician's Hangout was lost in "The Great Rollback of 2010", and since the last post in the current Musician's H.O. is from 2008 (the forum's last "restore point" before the rollback), I think it's high time a new one was started.

So, if you sing or play an instrument, this is your place. Talk about your music-related gear, share music you have created/recorded, solicit opinions/reviews of your work, and possibly even collaborate via the web on new projects... (I'd love to see an EmuParadise "virtual band" someday. )

Let's get the ball rolling, shall we? For starters, how about introducing yourself, along with a list of the instruments you play, kind of music you enjoy/prefer playing and what (if anything) you're currently working on? I'll go first:

I'm Rockstar 1983... I play guitar, bass, drums, violin, some keys, and I also do lead/harmony vocals. I like classic rock, power-pop, blues, alt-country, electronica, anything with a good beat and a hummable melody. Recently, I've been working on an album of NES music covers, but that project is currently on a back-burner.
    Who's got next?
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

As you know I'm LeftyGuitar. I haven't recorded anything yet, but I am still working on my guitat skills. I play guitar, vocals and will eventually play some keyboard. I have Fender Squier.

Thanks
    EP Points

Squiers are good, solid guitars. I had a Squier Affinity Telecaster Special (butterscotch blond finish) that I kept for a spare, but I sold it yesterday to a friend of mine (needed $$$, sadly).

Keep workin' on those skills, Lefty... the world needs more musicians!
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".

Thanks
    EP Points

We need musicians that actually care about music. Not a bunch of sellouts. I just don't like a lot of today's music.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hello, i am Bigbigbuddy (aka Destiny The Echidna). I play guitar, harmonica, clarinet, some keyboard and i'm a harmonic/alto singer. I'm currently taking a major in music in hopes to become a successful musician. Almost forgot to mention, i have a Jasmine by Takamine Acoustic guitar with a unique sunburst design.
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

Oh i didn't know this topic existed

I'm Lee, i own a guitar that i built myself, it's pretty sweet.

I then own a (broken) Line 6 PODxt Live which i plug into a BBE Sonic Maximizer which then goes into a Roland KC-550 keyboard amp. (60w solid state Keyboard amp.)

My ideal tone is a Boston type sound. (Foreplay-Long Time is a good example.)

I've been trying to get a band going with my best buddy for the last three or so years, and we just got a drummer, a bassist, and a second guitar player.

We are thinking of combining hardcore (metal) with dubstep. (Yeah it sounds silly, or fucking awesome depending how you look at it.)

When i practice i use a brandless Martin style acoustic with nylon strings on it. (It has poor action, it's actually harder to play than the electric, but i can't hear the electric acousticly, and my parents don't like loud guitar.)

That's pretty much me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Lee... you built your axe yourself? Waaay Cool! Would you share some specs/pics with us? Like what kind of pickups, etc. I'm curious, as I've always wanted to get into guitar-building myself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    Hey Lee... you built your axe yourself? Waaay Cool! Would you share some specs/pics with us? Like what kind of pickups, etc. I'm curious, as I've always wanted to get into guitar-building myself.
    Lemme drag out a pic...

That's a Dimarzio Super 2 hooked up to a single volume pot, to the output jack.

I like my guitar simple .

It started out as a rectangular block of wood, and i'm replacing the neck atm, so i don't have picture assembled .

Thanks
    EP Points

Very nice, Lee! I like the grain pattern in the wood. Is that maple veneer on the top?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Lemme drag out a pic...

That's a Dimarzio Super 2 hooked up to a single volume pot, to the output jack.

I like my guitar simple .

It started out as a rectangular block of wood, and i'm replacing the neck atm, so i don't have picture assembled .
    One nob. Just for volume.

Ah hell yeaah. If you planning on bar cords make sure the the nut isn't holding the strings to high or you'll have trouble with bar cords lower (higher?) on the neck

I'm SenkenZ. I play guitar. I practice by playing tabs.

My gear is all my dad's stuff. A Stratocaster bullet series by fender, and a Les paul 2 by epiphone

The Les paul was broke till just now. I decided to sit down and figure out what it was I did wrong the first time I went to fix it. One wire out of place. Solder that sucker on there and it worked. The plug gives a bit of noise now though.
    Last edited by SenkenZ; 16th-March-2011 at 15:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for posting, SenkenZ. Glad you got your LP working again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I wonder if you guys know any programs that can produce some beats. I'm planning to join the Nerdcore community on their quest to spread nerdy music. I hope you guys can help me...

My wai-fu, among many other wai-fu, and they are my current favorite. What? Too nerdy? Well, I think it is.
    The Four Eyed Squire LP channel.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey ramzaruglia... anytime you hunger for knowledge, Google is your friend.

I just did a quick search of "freeware beat maker". Dig: http://bit.ly/dT9vwS

Thanks

es ok

Thanks

Howdy, i'm Owly
    And I play piano/Keyboard, and I've got a Welmar
    I'm being taught classically, but I play in a band that kinda combines Coldplay with Jet. Know what i'm sayin?
    Also guys, a little question for y'all.
    Are Welmars one of the best makes? or am I just being big-headed