Thread: I need help with ePSXe and PS 1

Thanks

Default I need help with ePSXe and PS 1

Hello. I'm new here as new to the emulation thing. Some of you may make fun of me but in fact I didn't know what emulating is until yesterday. I searched and here I am. I want to ask a few questions. First of all I want to make sure that I have posted this thread to the right place. I've read the Rules so I hope I have done it right. I'll roll it now.

I have a PS 1 for ten years now and around some hundred titles such us Xenogears, Tekken, FF VII, VIII, Crash Bandicoot 2 etc. 2 years ago my collection was destroyed by a flood in our house from the rain and the discs that I want to play never play the ones that react to the console are the ones I don't like anymore. So I modded the console and hired a friend to write me these games into cds. I know it is not illegal cause I owned the desired games. Now the matter is that this friend is now faraway and can't help me so I searched the net for a way to play the games I lost to my pc. And I downloaded the latest version epsxe. But there are many problems with that program as my computer is not so strong with graphics. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I configure the most light settings to epsxe and again I have problems. I may open the wrong file of game because I don't know what file to open. I have downloaded some games in cue and bin and any of them will do. I maybe have to mount them with a program fro epsxe to play them properly a friend told me. But again is there a preferable way to burn a game onto a CD-R and play it on my modded PS? I'm not asking something illegal. I'm talking about games I had and were done by natural destruction. I will appreciate an analysis about where and how to do download a game and burn it on CD-R. My friend did the same thing for some games he burnt them in CDs with a program and the modded PS played them normally. Thank you in advance for any help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

You could have a look at the ePSXe tutorial guide on how to configure it we have here at the forums:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=45884
    Any other question regarding emulation, you can ask it here.

As for how to burn PSX games, you need either the cue/bin files, the img/sub/ccd files or the iso file. Any burning application will do the job (just open the cue, ccd or iso file with it). Here's a guide on how to do it using one of those burning applications, Alcohol 120%:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=24893

Thanks

Default edit

a otcher ps1 emu = psx. download here http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play...Windows/PSX/41
    you most wel get the bios
    no plugings for this emu
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 2nd-March-2011 at 16:10. Reason: niet af /// EP link added.CM.-

Thanks

buy a gameshark, it is by far the easiest way you don't have to mod your playstation and you get cheats, a note: you don't have to use cheats all you have to do is put in the gameshark or even a codebreaker, and once it starts up, all you have to do is swap the disc, and select start game

Thanks

i have found a site for you
    http://www.epsxe.com/download.php
    goodluck

(psxfin is a simpel emulator for ps1 use him)
    Last edited by bote; 3rd-March-2011 at 19:07.