Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Load PSP games from HDD above cfw 3.52

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default [GUIDE] Load PSP games from HDD above cfw 3.52

Note: this works on CFW as low as 3.52 m33-4, if you are on a CFW below this, try this tutorial here.

This guide details how to play PSP ISOs or CSOs directly from the Hard drive of your computer on your PSP without having a large Memory stick Pro Duo. You will have to have a pro duo of at least a 32MBs though.

Requirements:
    • Memory stick pro duo ≥ 32MBs
    • USB to USB mini cord
    • The files provided in the attachments
    • PSP w/ CFW at 3.52 m33-4 or higher

1. Download and unzip "usbisoloader-0.8.zip" into your /PSP/GAME folder.
    -- On some firmware, you will have to put the usbisoloader folder in GAME3XX or GAME4XX
    -- Download and unzip USB2PSP to where ever you like. The executable is located and must stay here, so choose a convenient location.

2. Copy or move "cygwin1.dll" from USB2PSP folder to your system32 folder.

3. Move all of your ISOs and CSOs to \USB2PSP\USBHost\ISO

4. Connect you PSP to your computer

5. If you have Windows XP or lower, choose to browse for the driver manually. The driver is located in \USB2PSP\USBHost\PCdriver. Your computer will search this folder, find and install the driver.
    or
    -- If you have Windows Vista or 7, search 'device manager' and open it. Right click 'PSP Type B' and click 'Update driver software...' Then click 'Browse my computer for driver software' Click 'Browse' and find it in \USB2PSP\USBHost\PCdrive. Your computer will search this folder, find and install the driver.

6. Now start usbhotfs_pc.exe and a small command prompt will pop up saying 'Connected to device'

7. On your PSP go to Game > Memory Stick > USB ISO Loader.

8. You may now browse through you ISOs.
    -- 'X' for Enter, 'O' to exit

I hope this helps, Enjoy!

Problem loading game?
    Spoiler warning:

If you are having issues loading games via USB please try MS mode by doing the following:

- Copy the game you are having a problem loading via USB to your memory stick.
    - Disconnect the usb cable.
    - Run USB ISO Loader and hold the L-trigger to enable MS mode which will load games off your memory stick. You should see [ms0:/ISO] in the lower left corner of the screen.
    - Run your game.
    - If the game loads then there is a problem with your usb connection. If the game does not load then USB ISO Loader will not be able to load your game.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 4th-March-2011 at 05:01.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks for the guide, Jazz, added to the indexes

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just finished adding more detail to each step.
    USB loading works so well that Its no longer worth buying an 8 or 16 GB memory stick pro duo!
    Enjoy everyone!

If anyone has any questions, Ill be sure to add more detail!

Thanks
    EP Points

This Thing is AMAZING! It works on 5.50 gen d3 and prometheus 4. no problems on xp. Thanks!
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZuNinja View Post
    This Thing is AMAZING! It works on 5.50 gen d3 and prometheus 4. no problems on xp. Thanks!
    Yeah, I got it to work on 5.5 gen also. I was worried at first that the load times might be slow, but there are ZERO issues what-so-ever.
    Now the next problem is finding out how to play PSX-PSP EBOOTs from computer. :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks for the guide =D
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

i got a problem, windows 7 dont let me update to this drives. it tells me the best drives are already installed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by guatemala View Post
    i got a problem, windows 7 dont let me update to this drives. it tells me the best drives are already installed.
    There should be no drivers installed for this device, unless you have already done this. You can try to uninstall the old ones, and then install the new one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Great Guide, only drawback is you have to be constantly near your PC / Laptop So no gaming on the go lol ill be keeping my 32GB of Memory (2x 16GB MicroSD to Mem Stick Duo = 32GB - Photofast CR-5200)
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 9th-March-2011 at 10:23.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    There should be no drivers installed for this device, unless you have already done this. You can try to uninstall the old ones, and then install the new one.
    did but windows wont let me install my own drives. always choose the ones on C:\\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys

when i try to pick the option let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    i see the "disk drive" but i clikc on the i have a disk an browse on the usbhost/pcdriver/ and click on the psp.inf. then i get an error the folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software for your device, if the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for X64-based systems

Thanks

thanks for the different way to play games.

Thanks

When using XP to install the driver (32-bit if that makes a difference), it says "the specified location doesn't contain information about your driver." What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: Never mind that, I got over it. But now when I run usbhostfs_pc, it says bind: address already in use. What happened?
    Last edited by T12av1S; 16th-March-2011 at 07:44.
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by T12av1S View Post
    When using XP to install the driver (32-bit if that makes a difference), it says "the specified location doesn't contain information about your driver." What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: Never mind that, I got over it. But now when I run usbhostfs_pc, it says bind: address already in use. What happened?
    What happened is that two programs on your computer are using the same port. One is usbhostfs_pc and the other is unknown.
    Try eliminating a few services and I will get back to you if I figure it out sooner.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Re-opened

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi, any chance to use it on CFW 6.20 or above ?? (it's finding iso's but hanging up when i chose them)