Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: i was wondering about one of the worst accesories that nintendo ever put out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default i was wondering about one of the worst accesories that nintendo ever put out.

now first was the powerglove and there were plenty others as well, but one was so horrible i even forget the name of it! it was hexogonal with infared lasers that track your position? i forget anyways but what are all of them and what makes them rediculus?

Thanks

R.O.B. maybe? it stacked blocks and that's about it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The Power Glove was one of the worst accessories by Nintendo. It costs me around Php 2,200(around $50 US Dollars at the time) , and it's really not useful at all.

My wai-fu, among many other wai-fu, and they are my current favorite. What? Too nerdy? Well, I think it is.
    The Four Eyed Squire LP channel.

Thanks

Power Pad for NES. Uber fail.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf the Knight View Post
    Power Pad for NES. Uber fail.
    Im rather fond of this accesory. Sure it sucks for LoZ, but Double Dragon,

EDIT: Scratch that, I meant the NES Advantage. Now that was a good accessory.

Thanks

You can toss the Nintendo 64 Bio Sensor in there while your at it, I've heard bad things about the Nintendo 64DD as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf the Knight View Post
    You can toss the Nintendo 64 Bio Sensor in there while your at it, I've heard bad things about the Nintendo 64DD as well.
    nintendo has 64DD? sheesh i wonder why all the perverts go to sony then lmao. but yeah i heard about the powerglove, theoreticly it was awsome, realisticly, stunk.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    it was hexogonal with infared lasers that track your position?
    This was the genesis activator.

One of the most unsuccessful peripherals was the Sega Activator, a peripheral based on a musical instrument called the Light Harp conceived by musician Assaf Gurner. Marketed as a new type of martial arts simulator, it is an octagonal device that lays flat on the floor and reads a gamer's physical movements. As the player moves, infrared laser beams trigger which is translated into game inputs. The light beams are easily distorted by a non-flat ceiling or obstructions such as blades of a ceiling fan or light fixture.

So not nintendo at all.

What you have to remember is, that nintendo's consoles are always profitable from the outset, rather than losing money, and making it back on the games like other companies. Thats why they did these experiments. Think of the "Different" things that they did that worked. The n64 "trident" pad, The dual screen handheld, and the Wiimote. These were inovations that other companies could not even afford to try. True, there were some duff accessories, but some stuck, and moved the industry forward, and led other companies to follow suit.

And before you ask, i am not a fanboy, i own every console from the past 30 years, and like them all. Nintendo just likes to be "different", and thats what i like about them.

Trencej

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Did they ever release that Wii heart-beat sensor thingy? Can't believe Nintendo spent time hyping it at E3... -___-

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Did they ever release that Wii heart-beat sensor thingy? Can't believe Nintendo spent time hyping it at E3... -___-
    E3 Hype means nothing in reality most of the time. Its like concept cars at motoring exhibitions. They show a lot of possibilities, but a lot never surface. The phantom for example. And how many times did 3d realms show Nuke Nukem Forever? I know its now coming out, but now has nothing to do with 3d realms. Its laughable.

As for the heart rate monitor. yes, it was released. only in japan, and only worked with tetris 64. Also, it was a third party device, not made by nintendo. But, See how there is now a Wii vitality sensor? Which will feature heavily in the new wii fit titles. So once again, there may be something in it. Obviously, it did'nt really have any gaming applications, but with the new experiences that nintendo is creating with the wii, it now finds a new home. Nintendo play the long game. Like the DS, is not really a new idea, but goes WAY back to thier game and watch series of games, where quite a few had Dual Screens. And, while it may be a long shot, but you could say that the super scope was a far removed prototype for the wii remote, as it was the first "gun" that you could play tetris (well, Bombbliss) with.

Dpad, New style analog joysticks, Shoulder Buttons, the diamond pattern of buttons. All Nintendo Innovations, all now staples of the gaming industry. They may not be the strongest gaming company anymore, but they still innovate.
    Last edited by trencej; 2nd-March-2011 at 10:03.

Thanks
    EP Points

honestly, the reason i asked is because a friend of mine and i were arguing about kinnect and i knew that someone made a thing with infared lasers that track the person (worked poorly), then came the eyetoy then the kinnect. and i also told him the reason kinnect sold well is because it was just microsoft lol. i love how nintendo wants to be different and honestly, has sony or microsoft ever fixed a consol for free if you couldnt afford it?

Thanks

the virtual boy. Oh wait... that was supposed to be a console?
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mega-death1 View Post
    the virtual boy. Oh wait... that was supposed to be a console?
    Indeed he was wacko. gunpei had already lost his marbles by that point. Although telero boxer was great! In fact, im gonna dig mine out of the cupboard for a quick game now!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

64DD (64)
    Power Glove (nes)
    Rolling Rocker (nes)
    Gameboy advance (take a guess)
    GBA Link for NGC (Under used and thus almost usless)
    Bongo Drums (2 game wonder)
    Wiimote (just the amount of attachments that have to go through it the tech behind it is good though just never impressed me for gaming)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    64DD (64)
    Power Glove (nes)
    Rolling Rocker (nes)
    Gameboy advance (take a guess)
    GBA Link for NGC (Under used and thus almost usless)
    Bongo Drums (2 game wonder)
    Wiimote (just the amount of attachments that have to go through it the tech behind it is good though just never impressed me for gaming)
    honestly i wasnt happy with the gba, i remember when it first came out people were saying it was better than the gbc and i wouldnt get it lol. also one reason i never bought the wii: i dont want to move when i game, gaming is suposed to relax me.