Thread: Sony Paves Way for NGP With PSP Price Cut

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Sony Paves Way for NGP With PSP Price Cut

Sony has lowered the barrier of entry for the PSP and some of its top games.

Now that the NGP/PSP2 is on the way, Sony has to start moving some more units of the PSP to make room. What better way than with a sizable price cut?

Sony has announced that on February 27 the new price of the PSP core pack will be reduced from $169.99 to $129.99. PSP bundles such as this one that features Hannah Montana will drop from $199.99 to $159.99. That's a $40 system price cut across the board.

Game-wise, Sony is also adding a bunch of new titles to its $19.99 "Greatest Hits" and $9.99 "Favorites" lines. New "Greatest Hits" will include Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Resistance: Retribution, and Toy Story 3: The Video Game. New "Favorites" will include Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Daxter, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Killzone: Liberation, SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo, and Tomb Raider Anniversary.

The NGP's capabilities are set to totally blow the PSP out of the water, but there are still some fun experiences to be had on Sony's current handheld if you haven't picked it up yet. Thanks to these price cuts, now those experiences will cost a few dozen less simoleons.

Now im just waiting for Garren to show up here and start on about DS or Nintendo

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Maybe it's about time I bought myself a new PSP so I can retire my older one. Let it bask in the shine of being the back up unit if the new kid proves to be a failure.

Thanks

Wow, $10 for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite? That's a game that could last you several hundred hours, and it's still relatively new (at least compared to those other games for $10).

Good move on Sony's part, I'll be picking up a 3000 model because they did this.

Thanks
    EP Points

hey i like sony! i just hope they fix thier analog problem that i found with the psp's. well, i think i will wait to see if the ngp is hackable though.

Thanks

Too bad I hacked mine. It'd be kinda worth it to pay 20 dollars for peace walker these days.

Hail to the king baby!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bittits View Post
    Too bad I hacked mine. It'd be kinda worth it to pay 20 dollars for peace walker these days.
    So....whats stopping you from buying it
    If I see a game worth owning, but I can easily pirate it, I buy it and keep it sealed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    So....whats stopping you from buying it
    If I see a game worth owning, but I can easily pirate it, I buy it and keep it sealed.
    Exactly. I think I can say I'm the only person to have all three premium editions of Ys trilogy on PSP sealed. They even make a picture on the side when put together, like .hack. Most of my PSP games are sealed simply because piracy is so easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

first you pirate the games, and if you like them enough you buy them and never have to open them (if you can afford it) but yeah, if they carry over phantasy star series, i will definitly look.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Sony has announced that on February 27 the new price of the PSP core pack will be reduced from $169.99 to $129.99. PSP bundles such as this one that features Hannah Montana will drop from $199.99 to $159.99.
    Whenever playing a PSP.. and to think for just 30$ more my gaming experience could be enhanced with a picture of Hanna Montana doing her usual smile...
    Politeness is a universal language and everyone knows how to speak it, but some don't choose to.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result" -Einstein

Thanks

Too bad for sony that you can pick up any of those games under greatest hits for around $15 or less at gamestop, and the favorites around $5.

Thanks
    EP Points

daxter already has a GH and dissidia is already $10 so making it a GH would RAISE the price

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean