Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Already Hacked. One Confirmed Flashcart Works

Thanks

I think we'll be seeing plenty of regular ds games for a long time. At least until there are enough 3DSes around to make developers think that there's far better profits to be had on the 3DS. I will be sad when they stop releasing new DS games, since I don't see myself buying a 3DS for at least a few years - I've got a huge backlog on the DS as it is.
    I'm sure that whatever solutions Nintendo comes up with for piracy won't last long, especially since they wouldn't be able to detect the usage of a flashcart unless playing over the internet, and even that seems unlikely.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Munkibowl View Post
    I think we'll be seeing plenty of regular ds games for a long time. At least until there are enough 3DSes around to make developers think that there's far better profits to be had on the 3DS. I will be sad when they stop releasing new DS games, since I don't see myself buying a 3DS for at least a few years - I've got a huge backlog on the DS as it is.
    I'm sure that whatever solutions Nintendo comes up with for piracy won't last long, especially since they wouldn't be able to detect the usage of a flashcart unless playing over the internet, and even that seems unlikely.
    i didnt realize nintendo had a thing for piracy lol

Thanks

This is pretty disgusting.pay for your new games ppl,and emulate the classics
    Last edited by emufan79; 8th-March-2011 at 18:36.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by emufan79 View Post
    This is pretty disgusting.pay for your games new games ppl,and emulate the classics
    I agree and disagree =P
    I'm the guy that does both,
    BUT i mostly use my Flashcart to use emulators on the go, homebrew and music (because the music player is actually pretty useful =P)
    I've also loss lot's of games I've owned =/ even had some stolen -.- so i download the Rom of those games so that i can play them again =]
    I do contribute to Nintendo but actually buying their games because i do actually believe that piracy will become huge and end a lot of gaming franchises (kind of reminds me of the hypothesis on oil consumption ) so i do believe people should spare some change to buy a game just so they know that they're supporting their favorite gaming franchises =]
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigbigbuddy View Post
    I agree and disagree =P
    I'm the guy that does both,
    BUT i mostly use my Flashcart to use emulators on the go, homebrew and music (because the music player is actually pretty useful =P)
    I've also loss lot's of games I've owned =/ even had some stolen -.- so i download the Rom of those games so that i can play them again =]
    I do contribute to Nintendo but actually buying their games because i do actually believe that piracy will become huge and end a lot of gaming franchises (kind of reminds me of the hypothesis on oil consumption ) so i do believe people should spare some change to buy a game just so they know that they're supporting their favorite gaming franchises =]
    You realise that one of the biggest motives that people go with pyracy is the fact that game prices are going thru the ceiling in some places, right?
    In my country, there is a project to lower the prices, and it proved that people DO buy original games if they have a reasonable price [there were lines with hundreds of people waiting in front of participating stores, and games were completely sold out for the day before midday~ even if it was one game per person]

So yeah, if it's some fucking expensive game, I'd rather not pay for it unless there is a really good motive.
    Good motive being exclusive hardware [pokemon b/w], exclusive GOOD stories [Last Guardian, ps3 only] or awesome gameplay [monster hunter frontier, pc and Japan only. 360 version has less stuff and is also Jap only]

So, since part of the good stuff is never released and what is released gets absurdly expensive... [I've seen PSP's today for about $1000, which is probably near 600~700 US$] sorry, I'll go with hacking.

Thanks

I buy plenty of games, and spend crazy-ass amounts of money on gaming all the time. I still pirate a lot too, though. I just can't afford to buy everything all of the time. I buy what I can when I can afford it, otherwise I don't deprive myself of something if its an available option. (If I pirate something and it was awesome, I'll probably go back and buy it down the road anyway, so it's pretty moot to grumble about it.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    You realise that one of the biggest motives that people go with pyracy is the fact that game prices are going thru the ceiling in some places, right?
    In my country, there is a project to lower the prices, and it proved that people DO buy original games if they have a reasonable price [there were lines with hundreds of people waiting in front of participating stores, and games were completely sold out for the day before midday~ even if it was one game per person]

So yeah, if it's some fucking expensive game, I'd rather not pay for it unless there is a really good motive.
    Good motive being exclusive hardware [pokemon b/w], exclusive GOOD stories [Last Guardian, ps3 only] or awesome gameplay [monster hunter frontier, pc and Japan only. 360 version has less stuff and is also Jap only]

So, since part of the good stuff is never released and what is released gets absurdly expensive... [I've seen PSP's today for about $1000, which is probably near 600~700 US$] sorry, I'll go with hacking.
    O.o prices of games have gone up a tad i've noticed like 50$ for a small game? =/ But i do like how the older the game the lower the prices are getting =P like how i can find a Gamecube for 50$ XD
    But i am guilty with piracy for expensive and popular games =P just haven't done it alot lol
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

Default ....

But dont you guys see what you are doing?how would you like to not get paid for working? the developers already get raped by the publishing companies,and take it up the ass from companies like gamestop.(whenever you buy a used game the only one making money is gamestop). I hope you guys realize that one day there might not be any more new games or they will be so ridiculously expensive that no one could afford them.
    Do you really NEED EVERY new game that comes out?Maybe its time you think about others before yourself (GASP!!)
    And please believe me im not passing judgement on you at all.You want to pirate movies go for it! they are all overpaid babies as it is.But trust me,game developers DONT MAKE MUCH MONEY!
    Last edited by emufan79; 9th-March-2011 at 15:16.

Thanks

You think in a remarkably black and white manner. Did it ever occur to you that if someone can't afford to buy it anyway, that it doesn't matter if someone pirates it or not? We're talking about digital copies here, not physical objects. A digital copy that's pirated doesn't take bread out of anyones mouth if the person that downloaded it couldn't afford the product to begin with. The only kind of point you have to your arguement would be in a scenario where someone CAN afford it and pirates it anyway - and I don't believe anyone here claimed to be doing that. Furthermore, I've bought more games thanks to being able to pirate them and test them out first hand than I have games straight off the store shelf that I never got a minutes worth of play in with yet.

Not to mention, Flashcarts aren't necessarily about piracy either, and your knee-jerk reaction to this thread is very telling that you hadn't thought this situation through very well. Flashcarts offer a gigantic convenience of being able to carry all of your games with you in a single cart as opposed to having to lug around a dozen or so games - or limit yourself to only one or two as the case more realistically would be.
    Last edited by Krisan Thyme; 9th-March-2011 at 15:56.

Thanks

I think the real question here is will the 3DS replace the DS or just replicate it? I for one hopes the DS survives in its current state. Nintendo will just re-release all of its old games again, this time in 3D, so it will be just the same old thing again. Cmon Ocarina of Time in 3D? Seriously, let's come up with something new!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    You think in a remarkably black and white manner. Did it ever occur to you that if someone can't afford to buy it anyway, that it doesn't matter if someone pirates it or not? We're talking about digital copies here, not physical objects. A digital copy that's pirated doesn't take bread out of anyones mouth if the person that downloaded it couldn't afford the product to begin with. The only kind of point you have to your arguement would be in a scenario where someone CAN afford it and pirates it anyway - and I don't believe anyone here claimed to be doing that. Furthermore, I've bought more games thanks to being able to pirate them and test them out first hand than I have games straight off the store shelf that I never got a minutes worth of play in with yet.

Not to mention, Flashcarts aren't necessarily about piracy either, and your knee-jerk reaction to this thread is very telling that you hadn't thought this situation through very well. Flashcarts offer a gigantic convenience of being able to carry all of your games with you in a single cart as opposed to having to lug around a dozen or so games - or limit yourself to only one or two as the case more realistically would be.
    I agree, and i really think that Flashcarts were meant to have you hold alot more games while taking up less space. =P

Thanks
    EP Points

But dont you guys see what you are doing?how would you like to not get paid for working? the developers already get raped by the publishing companies,and take it up the ass from companies like gamestop.(whenever you buy a used game the only one making money is gamestop). I hope you guys realize that one day there might not be any more new games or they will be so ridiculously expensive that no one could afford them.
    Do you really NEED EVERY new game that comes out?Maybe its time you think about others before yourself (GASP!!)
    And please believe me im not passing judgement on you at all.You want to pirate movies go for it! they are all overpaid babies as it is.But trust me,game developers DONT MAKE MUCH MONEY!
    Devs don't lose money from piracy, they lose potential money. Many people that pirate may have never bought the game in the first place. In that case no money was lost since the product is still there. Many that pirate do actually buy it afterward so in those cases piracy actually helps devs. Then those who may not buy it may spread publicity for the game, essentially becoming free advertisment. In those cases the devs benefit more than they would like to admit. Despite this devs get paid a wage so they do get paid for their work. If their work is good, then you can expect that they will make sales. If they are a small company that made a good game, I expect those that actually played the game would buy it. In those cases pirates may make up a large percentage of copies sold. Established series do not suffer this and their sales will be large if the game is good. Super mario Galaxy 2 is a largely pirated wii game that as of January 28, 2011, has sold 6.15 million copies worldwide. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/201...28e.pdf#page=5

If publishers are that bad then they shouldn't use them. If publishers make video games possible, then devs should be appreciative. People also say the music industry is failing due to piracy. Their just butthurt that music is easier to spread and many new bands use the internet to spread their music. Music labels and RIAA are no longer necessary and they are mad about it. Therefor they blame it on piracy. You should read this. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...ere-anyway.ars
    and also this http://www.wired.com/culture/lifesty.../2006/02/70144

Overall I'd say pirates are in the minority so if a game doesn't reach success, it really shouldn't be pinned on pirates especially since they may be the majority of the sales anyway.

If you blame pirates because they don't buy games, then you may as well just blame people who don't play games. It's grandma's fault that she didn't buy that new game, lol.

You also cite used games sales as destructive. I want to know, are you a hoarder, and if you aren't, do you just throw away perfectly good things. If there were clothes that you didn't need or want and somebody did, would you tell them to go buy new clothes and throw away your perfectly good ones or perhaps just throw it in a closet never to be seen again. Used games sales are similar to selling something you no longer need or want to somebody that does need and/or want it. What matters is that no where has it been brought up as destructive in any market to sell things that you don't need and/or want. Many people buy used cars for instance, but car dealerships don't complain that so and so autosales is stealing money from car makers. My grandmother has gotten many good things like furniture that would have likely been thrown out and furniture companies don't complain that garage sales are stealing their money.

We earn our money and we have a right to spend it wherever we please. If we find a bargain, that's being smart with our money. If we only buy new things we are wasting money that could go elsewhere. No matter how you try to word it, the devs lose no money when somebody pirates or buys used. What they lose is potential money. Besides, when one buys used, that means that somebody has already paid for that copy. It's more akin to transferring ownership than stealing ever is. If you own a house, there is a good chance that you bought it from somebody else. Sarcasm mode begin. How could you? House builders don't make any money off of used house sales. Sarcasm mode end. See what I did there? If you live in a house that you didn't buy directly after it was made and never lived in by anyone else (as in bought from someone else or rented or whatever), then you would be a hypocrite.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Says the one who goes to this site

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Im not gonna post anything concerning piracy, because that debate never ends.

I think the biggest reason for the 3DS isnt the 3D, but the graphics and functionality.
    cus a DS game gets as big as 256Mb, and a good chunk of that data is probably wasted on friend data, wifi settings, the gamesave and other global settings. Whereas the 3ds has internal memory and an SD card slot, much less new gamecard technology to fit more space.

just speaking pokemon alone, they already have to have sprites calls and data for 600 pokemon, now with animated sprites much more, but theyre adding more stuff and large 3D models of cities with camera angles. they just need more space.

plus the functionality. with all those global settings being on the card, it really limits what you can do with stuff. just the streetpass and spotpass are worth it to me, much less the new size element and graphics.

But I rant.
    all in all, i think nintendo is going in a good direction here. I just hope they dont waste all of their updates and time on "background improvements to make the system faster" aka our latest attempt to stop homebrew (which is already being cracked).

Thanks
    EP Points

Agreed, they should REALLY do something about those darn L and R buttons. Not only did they stop working for my DS Lite but also for my DSi !