Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: psx?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Sony made the PSX short hand and tbh I never thought PS1 fit as a discription for all when there is a Playstation and Playstation One (the slim line) so me when i say PSX i mean the original model when i say PS1 i mean the slim line
    both models are a ps1 just one is gray & the other white i hate the slim model as i have said we don't call the ps2 a ps2x & ps2 slim.. also you have to remember that sony already created a psx & called it so it was made & sold in japan only then they aalso made a playstation or ps1. the resin n the original model isn't officially numbered is cose it was the first & by the time sony wanted to tryy & revive it they created the ps1 white slim one (i will never call it a ps one that's just retarded) & yes most ppl call the original gray model psx. further more when i say ps1 i mean ether model sine they both are a ps1. i can understand nes,snes,DC GC,..ect cose those are just the fitst letters of the console so why not call it the PS if not ps1 witch is what it is

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Fischer View Post
    Well, here in Brazil the most well known consoles are from Sony. It's commom here if you are talking about the Game Cube, and someone suddenly asks WTF is that. So here nobody says PS or PSX, we say Play 1, Play 2 or Play 3. For us it sounds easier then saying PÉH-ESSE-UM (portuguese pronounciation of PS1). We only say Play, not because we forgot the Station, it's bacause most people aren't used to the english accent. If some do say, they would pronounce IS-TAH-TI-ON. XD
    Play 1, Play 2, and Play 3, I like those abbreviations best.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Gare is a girl, holy crap man!
    Bet you didn't see that one coming.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kaytech43 View Post
    both models are a ps1 just one is gray & the other white i hate the slim model as i have said we don't call the ps2 a ps2x & ps2 slim.. also you have to remember that sony already created a psx & called it so it was made & sold in japan only then they aalso made a playstation or ps1. the resin n the original model isn't officially numbered is cose it was the first & by the time sony wanted to tryy & revive it they created the ps1 white slim one (i will never call it a ps one that's just retarded) & yes most ppl call the original gray model psx. further more when i say ps1 i mean ether model sine they both are a ps1. i can understand nes,snes,DC GC,..ect cose those are just the fitst letters of the console so why not call it the PS if not ps1 witch is what it is
    Actually Before there was even a Slimmed PlayStation 1 EVEN Sony themselves referred to the Original PlayStation as PSX this is well before the Japanese DVR Hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Bet you didn't see that one coming.
    Gender doesn't surprise me and ive learned never to assume so ya im not bothered

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I own several of each, and never call it anything other than PSX, except when I refer to the slim one specifically, in which case I say PSOne.
    It really has to be habit though, since we have a PSX section, and even PSX-PSP section on the master list.

Thanks
    EP Points

A console nobody mentioned: 3DO. Is it an abbreviation?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Fischer View Post
    A console nobody mentioned: 3DO. Is it an abbreviation?
    Great question - i did a quick search out of curiosity, and it seems the console is called just that, but it actually means this: "three-dimensional operating system"
    Good thing they just used the initials :p

Anyway, HOLY CRAP, that PSX was a shock, really I allways thought that we used PSX here in Brazil because the way we pronounce "Station" sounds like "Stashion", or rather, "StaXion" - funny...

Also, what Clayton said is true, for us it's the simplest way to speak just "play" and give the corresponding number. When PS2 did not exist, it was called just "Play" XD Good times :3

Now, really, it would be interesting if sony TRIED to release a "PSX2", since it wouldn't be SO bulky with the new tecnologies and would be probably cheaper :3 It DOES sound like a great piece of hardware.

Thanks
    EP Points

Great question - i did a quick search out of curiosity, and it seems the console is called just that, but it actually means this: "three-dimensional operating system"
    Good thing they just used the initials :p

Anyway, HOLY CRAP, that PSX was a shock, really I allways thought that we used PSX here in Brazil because the way we pronounce "Station" sounds like "Stashion", or rather, "StaXion" - funny...

Also, what Clayton said is true, for us it's the simplest way to speak just "play" and give the corresponding number. When PS2 did not exist, it was called just "Play" XD Good times :3

Now, really, it would be interesting if sony TRIED to release a "PSX2", since it wouldn't be SO bulky with the new tecnologies and would be probably cheaper :3 It DOES sound like a great piece of hardware.
    Brazilian mate! True, but it depends on what part of Brazil we are, because here in the south PLAY-IS-TEI-TION or TAH-TION (I've heard many times) is what we pronounce. Like what Desciclopédia says: Curitibano não tem sotaQUE! From what region are you?

And if Sony launches PSX2, it would have build in blu-ray and DVD-R, retrocompatibility with all their consoles (including PLAY 3) and connection to the PSP. LOL! I never had a Ps3 but maybe it does all this already? I just know current Ps3 doesn't have retrocompatibility with Ps2 and doesn't run OSses XD. (until geohot).

Thanks
    EP Points

Brazilian mate! True, but it depends on what part of Brazil we are, because here in the south PLAY-IS-TEI-TION or TAH-TION (I've heard many times) is what we pronounce. Like what Desciclopédia says: Curitibano não tem sotaQUE! From what region are you?

And if Sony launches PSX2, it would have build in blu-ray and DVD-R, retrocompatibility with all their consoles (including PLAY 3) and connection to the PSP. LOL! I never had a Ps3 but maybe it does all this already? I just know current Ps3 doesn't have
    I'm from the southeast LOL, Desciclopedia is mean to anything... And nobody cares XD

There are a few ps3 versions that have ps2 and ps1 compatibility, but it's most likely only the phats. Still the ps3 lacks good connection and usefulness for the psp - Remote play is crap, ADhoc party is good but it basically ends there as far as I can remember :/

Seriously, someone should create a version of Remotejoy that lets us play on any screen thru ps3, and even use its controller

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    gare is a girl? i thought she was a guy..... anyways on topic, i never got that eather, i just call it a ps1 and i dont ask why people do things. to me, whatever they do or say is thier business and not mine even if it doesnt make sense. x means ten so maybey they are trying to say playstaion 10 lol
    Why yes Gare is a girl =P i just judged by the profile pic XP

Hmm, i can bet that a lot of people got confused with others calling the PS1 PSX thinking they meant PlayStation 10 XD
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaytech43 View Post
    why do so many call the ps1 the psx?

fuerther more i will never call it a ps one..ever..
    This is driving me nuts. How in the world do YOU pronounce ps1 if not ps one?

Putting that aside, I've been calling it a psx since I was a kid simply because that's what I thought it was called. No idea where I first heard it. I only refer to the psn re-releases as PSOne games - but if I physically own them, they're psx games. If I'm talking to someone who didn't grow up with the psx, I call it its whole name of Playstation 1.

Thanks

it seem like every one here has a good grasp on what there talking a bout &/or did there research. most ppl i have talked to on this are just morons i have enjoyed all the feed back from this topic. & have learned a lot. not just on the PS but how it is & is preserved from different parts of the world ^^

we have to thank nintendo for helpng us enjoy the PS line with out them we wouldn't have it

Thanks

Wait, I really want to know. How do you pronounce "ps1?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DevilandtheSea View Post
    Wait, I really want to know. How do you pronounce "ps1?"
    pi es number one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    pi es number one
    Heh, pie is number one. I feel enlightened.