Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best ps2 mod chip vs the cheapest ps2 mod chip

Thanks
    EP Points

Default what is the best ps2 mod chip vs the cheapest ps2 mod chip

i saw the infinity one and its 50 bucks and i am wondering if there are ones cheaper than that that actually work. free mcboot doesnt work with cdr's and i dont want to do that swap magic thing

Thanks

FreemcBoot works with DVD-R's. (I'm using DVD+R's fine too.)

No ps2 mod works with CD-R's, the games are much too large.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

There are loads of PS2 games that are on CD-ROM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    There are loads of PS2 games that are on CD-ROM.
    Most of the "must have" titles in the ps2 library are well above 2gb.

Thanks
    EP Points

Most of the "must have" titles in the ps2 library are well above 2gb.
    That's not to say there aren't decent games that came on CD-ROM though, Sega Rally 95 for example.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    That's not to say there aren't decent games that came on CD-ROM though, Sega Rally 95 for example.
    I'm just saying it's not very efficient to spend money to Mod a PS2 if you're going to be playing CD-R games.

Sega Rally is a damn good game though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Swap magic (cd version) would work on PS2 CD's and you can convert them to DVDs (may vary), and once you have FMCB you can boot the OPL 0.8 elf and run CD games off the USB HD, HDD, or net connection (when converted w/ USB Util 2.00).
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Swap magic (cd version) would work on PS2 CD's and you can convert them to DVDs (may vary), and once you have FMCB you can boot the OPL 0.8 elf and run CD games off the USB HD, HDD, or net connection (when converted w/ USB Util 2.00).
    I was saying that none of the mods work on CD because of their size, not because they aren't compatible.

It was me being an ass

Thanks
    EP Points

i mean cd-r for ps1 games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i mean cd-r for ps1 games.
    Oh ok for PS1 back-ups you need this PSX launcher elf I upped to swap w/ your original PSX disc (assuming you haven't seen this yet):

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ad-Mediafire-*

It's worked for any region via back-ups (I've only tested on NTSC-U's and J's via blank CDs, but PAL should be fine to ) , but must be swapped w/ a reall PSX CD from the same region as your PS2 console! (I have directions on the thread for specifications).

Let me know if you've got probs w/ it cause there's actually 2 ways to back-up PSX CDs on PS2 via FMCB, one w/ this ELF (easy method) or w/o it in the PS2's browser .
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah i know but the problem is i dont like disk swapping since it could ruin your ps2.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was saying that none of the mods work on CD because of their size, not because they aren't compatible.

It was me being an ass
    Oh, I see , just making sure the dude's aware that they actually do work( depending what method's being used of course ) . These PS2 modding questions get kinda old after awhile (like 100+ threads for PS2 mods lol), but I'm jus helping a brother out y'know

Thanks
    EP Points

hey i was asking about chips, i didnt see anything on that just freemcboot and all that stuff. honestly i would rather have my dad put the wires on the chip than risk my laser by switching disks.

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah i know but the problem is i dont like disk swapping since it could ruin your ps2.
    hey i was asking about chips, i didnt see anything on that just freemcboot and all that stuff. honestly i would rather have my dad put the wires on the chip than risk my laser by switching disks.
    Oh, I didn't know you meant an HD method (assuming that's what you meant), but on the main thread post you stated
    "FMCB doesn't work w/ CD's"
    so I assumed as such...

Thanks
    EP Points

lol, no i just want a cheap yet good chip that would allow it to play ps1 backups. no disk swapping, no loading from hd (i dont have the type). just simple put the disk in and play lol. btw when i say ps1 games i mean the good ones that were never imported into the us