Thread: Wild goose chase with trying Playstation emulators for a game.

Thanks

Default Wild goose chase with trying Playstation emulators for a game.

Lately, I have been into some searching to see if I can find a playstation emulator that will work on my computer well so I can play a game I was really hoping to check. Seems I have run into a dead end. At first, I tried PSXfin, and it's the only emulator that didn't give me any problems when playing Spyro 2. Then, there was the no sound during the cutscenes. I was almost going to ask here until I read the topic of its one flaw with PSXfin.

A little while ago, I tested to see if the latest ePSXe would work for it. Since no one seems to have mentioned it here, I will state my problem with ePSXe. At first, Spyro 2 works alright at the title menu. Then, right before the first cutscene, ePSXe crashes with an error window.

Would PSXfin really be my best bet when playing Spyro 2? Also, I did read in another topic of a download program that could restore sound in games. Will it work for Spyro 2? For the moment, I have gotten quite frustrated with the time I just wasted trying the other emulators in hopes of getting good results, so I dumped them all in the recycle bin. I don't think my computer isn't capable for running a Playstation emulator. As said, PSXfin played beautifully.

Thanks for your response.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PC Specs please thats always a good start

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, what plugins are you using? 'cause the different plugins that are available have varying results depending on your computer, etc.

Thanks

try pete's gpu, and pete's spu here:http://www.pbernert.com/ they work fine for me for that game, i would also suggest trying epsxe 1.7 because that is what i used

Thanks

I currently own XP, professional service pack 2, and I have one gig of RAM. I used to have Intel Celeron 2 gigs, but after my brother-in-law put in a new processor, it pretty much kicked my old one to the moon. It's now Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 gigs and even it plays my WoW much more smoothly than my old one did. Have ATI Radeon 9550. I am planning on upgrading my computer even more soon, I hope, but I think my specs are good enough at the moment.

I can try again with ePSXe 1.70 tonight and see how it works. I do currently have Pete's gpu and spu as plugins but I was using ePSXe's plugins. I got too frustrated last night to try anymore.

EDIT: The game still crashes even with Pete's stuff. Looking at ePSXe's black screen, it did display a bunch of messages saying "Warning: ISORead overflow".
    Last edited by Kamoodle; 25th-February-2011 at 03:27.

Thanks

well...... where did you get this game? where did you download it?

"Warning: ISORead overflow" that usually happens when you have a bin with no cue or you turn a bin into an iso by just re naming it
    Last edited by David Stark; 25th-February-2011 at 15:49.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.emuparadise.org/emulators..._1_13-1220.rar

Doesn't run all game - or so I'd assume, never had any problems - but you don't have to worry about shoddy bios and stuff. Plug and play!
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 25th-February-2011 at 15:48.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David Stark View Post
    well...... where did you get this game? where did you download it?

"Warning: ISORead overflow" that usually happens when you have a bin with no cue or you turn a bin into an iso by just re naming it
    I got Spyro 2 from Rom Hustler. It just had the .img, .ccd, and .sub in the download. While I had PSXfin, I converted the .img to .cdz and they are all still there. I did also try the downloads here, but I had the same problem another person posted here of PakkISO not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    http://www.emuparadise.org/emulators..._1_13-1220.rar

Doesn't run all game - or so I'd assume, never had any problems - but you don't have to worry about shoddy bios and stuff. Plug and play!
    That's what I had, but Spyro 2 cutscenes have no sound from that emulator.

EDIT: The game works now. I downloaded the game from here and did the conversion with ECM Tools. No more of the warning part either. It was the game files I had before.
    Last edited by Kamoodle; 26th-February-2011 at 03:10.