Thread: Psp Cfw 6.31 I need help

Thanks

Default Psp Cfw 6.31 I need help

So,
    I've been having some troubles trying to get my psp able to play ISO's.
    I've done everything it says to do in the video* and everything works fine,
    Up untill I try and play an ISO on the ISO loader. My psp 3000 goes black and shuts off, any idea's?
    Also, I've tried about 15 different ISO's so I don't think it'd be the ISO's. o.o

*Video I was referring to.
    VVVVVV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0drcibt4jw

Thanks
    EP Points

Which ISO Loaders did you use?

You can either...
    Follow the simple instructions on how to install 6.31/6.35 HEN from this site.

Or, update your current firmware to 6.35, and download this signed PRO HEN, where you only need to put it in your GAME folder, and launch it straight from XMB.

after that, to play ISO/CSO copy the Prometheus ISO Loader into your GAME folder,
    and put your games into the ISO folder placed at the root of your memory stick. Then run that ISO Loader to play any games inside the ISO folder.

If you want, you can have non-permanent CFW for 6.35, or downgrade your current firmware to 6.20, and use TN-HEN.

Thanks

I used the Prometheus ISO loader.
    When I use the exploit everything works as it should and Prometheus works as it should untill I actually choose an ISO from the ISO screen.
    I was going to update to 6.35 because I've heard it has less problems than the 6.31 cfw.
    But, the update for 6.37 is out and I'm not sure if you can get to the 6.35 update alone instead of 6.37.
    I was thinking about downgrading but I don't have a pandora battery or magic memory stick and I've yet to find any downgrade where I don't need either. :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Try load your games on M33 Driver(or NP9660) ISO Mode when using Prometheus ISO Loader, you can navigate between them by pressing the SELECT button.

Pandora Battery and MMS are only for 1000, and early 2000, you can't use it on 3000.
    There is way to downgrade 3000 though, but it is a very risky process.

and check if your PSP has 3G or 4G module, if yours has 3G module, you can downgrade it to 6.20, install TN-HEN on it, and downgrade it again to 5.00, then to 5.03 to use GEN CFW.
    if it 4G, you can only downgrade it to 6.20, and use the TN-HEN instead, with Prometheus as your ISO Loader.

Download 6.35 firmware from here, then place the EBOOT file into your PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder,
    and then run the update from XMB, and don't ever update to 6.37.

Thanks

I updated to 6.35 like suggested, I downloaded PRO HEN and I still have prometheus ISO loader.
    PRO HEN works fine but I still get the same issue with the ISO's not working and I've tried both M33 and NP9660.
    My UMD cache is off and I've tried multiple ISO's. :/
    Do you know if there is a different ISO loader that'll possibley work?

Thanks
    EP Points

Which games are you trying to play? does the game reboot back to XMB or shut down the PSP?

You may try the Open Idea ISO Loader, but it still unstable compared to Prometheus ISO Loader.

Oh, one more thing, games which has been PATCHED or TOUCHED may not work Prometheus ISO Loader,
    if yours were the one I mentioned, I suggest try finding the CLEAN/UNPATCHED ISO.

Thanks

Well, so far I've tried Both medal of honors, Both Death jr's, Dissidia and crisis core, Lego Batman, Call of duty, Medievil, and quite a few others.
    It doesn't reboot it just shuts down after about 2 minutes of a black screen.
    I'll try it open idea ISO loader, but in due time because, well, like you said, its more unstable.
    As far as I know, none of the ones I've downloaded were patched or touched.

Thanks
    EP Points

If it were clean/unpatched ISO, try patching the game using ISO Tools, by selecting the 'Patch Prometheus' option, and then select '09BETA1' from the list.

and if the above method is not working, I guess the only way is to wait for futher update of this loader, and only few games are working on it as well,
    though some people able to fix it by switching between the M33/NP9660.

Thanks

Alright, Thank you for all your help.