Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tabletop RPG Thread! (Redux)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Would links to AD&D 2ed books be bad? I've been finding some nice resources lately.
    Yeah man, we're keeping this on the level and only posting free/legally available things.

That being said, I pretty sure that there was a 2nd Edition AD&D retro-clone coming out soon. Which, if free, covers all our bases except 4th.

And I REALLY need to start updating this thread again. But I always say that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llelouch View Post
    I always wanted to try out D&D, but have no real friends to try it out with. Oh well, still really fun to read peoples' stories.
    Depending on which version you want to play, it can be real easy to play them online via programs like Skype, Google Hangout, and d20table (can't confirm if the d20 is called that. It's been awhile since I used it).
    Don't ya hate it when people neg rep you, but don't have the gall to tell you themselves?

http://momsbasementpodcast.blogspot.com/ <----Me podcast about Tabletop RPGs

Thanks

it could be interesting to get a game going on here, if anyone's thought about it. text based or with skype. can be a lot of fun.
    Insanity: that which makes things not boring.

Thanks

Been playing tabletops for about 19 years now. I've tried lots of stuff but my favorites are AD&D 2nd ED, GURPS 4th, Pathfinder and Dragonlance The Fith Age. Tabletops are my very first gaming experiences and I'll always love them more than video games. It's just hard to find a group where I live.... or at least a good one.

Thanks

The original DnD books are on sale.

and the new Encounters Season is starting soon!

good thing it's not more drow politics

Thanks

Nice work
    I really appreciated it
    Thanks

----

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-November-2012 at 02:20. Reason: link removed - no ads

Thanks

i love gurps, and wanted players for pbem....
    no rep???
    I love it in any style, and shadowrun, star wars d20 in 3.5 system or even 4.0 system...
    Somebody wanted, a pbem?

Thanks

So I've been collecting D&D resources (4e) for about a year now: I love to read and prepare and create campaigns as a DM. I've DM'd a few games for close friends- always just character creation, then the red-book adventure, then I never see them again. I've been thinking of getting a group together that can meet every week/every other week with friends I have in this town (just moved). I've always been a DM because all my friends have never tried D&D before, I'm always the instigator. But I've never been a player! And thinking of DMing a weekly group with everything else going on in my life seems overwhelming. I think I'm going to try D&D Encounters some week asap (I have a wednesday night class so not for a while ) to gain that player perspective before I start hosting a group.
    So here's my question. Is it weird that I've been collecting materials and reading for a year but still never REALLY played? Are there any other people out there that you've heard of that do this? I feel like a fake a lot of the time because I own the stuff but don't use it
    "Death solves all problems: no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Eh, it happens. Lord knows how many games I've run that either never get anywhere or just fizzle out. Hopefully you get the players you want/that stick around this time though.

Thanks
    EP Points

More incentive for us to play something! We have the mics for it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    More incentive for us to play something! We have the mics for it!
    Do you use a particular online service? I looked around and this site http://rpgvirtualtabletop.wikidot.com/choosing-a-vt hasn't been updated for a year- but it talks a little bit about some different Virtual Tabletops that are available...
    And by god, Corey, we DO have the mics! I'm all for it.
    OpenRPG looks cool... You know. Price wise. Roll20 looks slick, but it's browser based so I have no idea if it's smooth or not even though it looks good in the promo-vids...
    There are a couple of pay services out there like Fantasy Grounds that I'm sure work great too. But it just seems like- you know. This is the internet. Home of the free... Stuff.
    -Joseph Stalin

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by badog1000 View Post
    Do you use a particular online service? I looked around and this site http://rpgvirtualtabletop.wikidot.com/choosing-a-vt hasn't been updated for a year- but it talks a little bit about some different Virtual Tabletops that are available...
    And by god, Corey, we DO have the mics! I'm all for it.
    OpenRPG looks cool... You know. Price wise. Roll20 looks slick, but it's browser based so I have no idea if it's smooth or not even though it looks good in the promo-vids...
    There are a couple of pay services out there like Fantasy Grounds that I'm sure work great too. But it just seems like- you know. This is the internet. Home of the free... Stuff.
    I forgot the program that we used, but it's easy to use once Ivolt resets his router.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We used RPtools as our virtual tabletop.

And it only took several hours of shenanigans!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    We used RPtools as our virtual tabletop.

And it only took several hours of shenanigans!
    Several hours of someone not resetting their router.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Several hours of someone not resetting their router.
    LOL

So will this RPtools EP D&D game happen again?
    Last edited by badog1000; 19th-February-2013 at 23:01.
    -Joseph Stalin