Thread: Can't get epsxe to run my discs.

Thanks

Default Can't get epsxe to run my discs.

Okay so I bought a external Cd Burner for my Netbook mainly so I can play PS1 discs instead of downloading roms(I don't feel like testing the law). Of course for me it's not going to work with out a fight. Every time I try to use the "Run CD ROM" command on epsxe I get an error message("Error loading WNASI32.DLL", and "Can't open cd rom unit") or I get a black screen and the disc stops, and a lot of the time the disc wont run at all. I've tried many CD ROM pluggins, WNT/W2K, ASPI, P.E.Op.S. CDR, Sapu's CD-ROM and I don't know what else to try. My Operating system is Windows XP Home Edition. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    EP Points

What are the specs of your netbook? and also there isnt much copyright law nowadays around ps1 games simply because they are no longer manufactured by sony but if you insist on using a cd rom then your error "wnaspi32" will be because its missing from your system go here and download it for free
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Make sure to place that .dll file into your WINDOWS/System32 folder, or the ePSXe directory.

Thanks

Hmmm so I looked in my Windows/system32 to folder, and a found "win32spl.dll" is this the same as "wnaspi32.dll"? They are so similar it makes me think it's possible. I know it's not good to mess with your System32 folder. Oh and my specs are:
    1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor
    1024MB DDR2 SDRAM Single Channel RAM
    160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
    Windows XP Home (SP3)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
    Last edited by SoulCrusherDestroyer; 20th-February-2011 at 21:14.

Thanks
    EP Points

nah although they are simillar they are different things download what i linked you and place it into your system folder or your epsxe folder and you'll be able to run your psx cds
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCrusherDestroyer View Post
    Hmmm so I looked in my Windows/system32 to folder, and a found "win32spl.dll" is this the same as "wnaspi32.dll"?
    This is what win32spl.dll does.

And this is what wnaspi32.dll does.

The first one is for printers.

Possible solutions include...

1. Update your cd-rom drivers.

2. Install forceASPI, or download the dll itself and put it in the epsxe folder(not recommended).

Good luck.

Thanks

So I placed wnaspi32.dll directly in my epsxe160 folder, and now I get an "*Error in init aspi (235)" message when I use the ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2. Cdrom plugin. And I have the same problems as before with the other Cdrom plugins, the disk will only run for a short while, and sometimes not at all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCrusherDestroyer View Post
    So I placed wnaspi32.dll directly in my epsxe160 folder, and now I get an "*Error in init aspi (235)" message when I use the ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2. Cdrom plugin. And I have the same problems as before with the other Cdrom plugins, the disk will only run for a short while, and sometimes not at all.
    Install it using the forceASPI, it's not recommended to copy directly the .dll file to System folder if you use XP, my bad.

and the ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core should work fine without the aspi thingy, if not, try using the Internal ISO loader instead.

Thanks

Where should I download ForceASPI?

Thanks

Okay so now the wnaspi32.dll error is gone, but the disc doesn't run at all. I know my External Cd Rom works, so I hope I don't have to buy another one just because the one I already have isn't compatible with ePSXe. I will not download any ISOs because I know Nintendo strongly disapproves of video game emulation, and Sony probably feels the same way.
    Last edited by SoulCrusherDestroyer; 21st-February-2011 at 00:28.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seriously, unless you are on a corporate or government run isp, like a university or work network, just download the iso. This site has tons of regular downloaders and you would see a lot of complaints here if people were getting sued over it.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Okay here is the basic idea.

1. Buy a PS1 for $20

2. rip the iso from the disk using a program like Alcohol 120%.

If you are using Alcohol 120%, here is a nice guide, credit to Hushypushy on Ngemu.

Spoiler warning:
    1. pop the CD in your drive. if you want to make a subchannel file, make sure your drive can read subchannels.

2. see on the left where it has the big button that says "Image Making Wizard"? well, we're making an Image, so click.

3. this is why i love Alcohol 120%. see down there where it says "Datatype"? select "playstation". this automatically checks the right settings.

4. this is important. pick somewhere to save it, and make sure to name it. under Image Format, pick CloneCD Image File (.ccd)

5. just click Start and it makes it.

6. so when you go into ePSXe, go to File--->Run ISO and pick the file you just made. poof, there you go!

Which i think is good enough for these purposes.