Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the game that pissed you off the most?

Thanks

Demon's Souls. *sigh*

Thanks

depends on what kind of frustration. I broke multiple snes controllers playing super street fighter on the max difficulty trying to get the special ending poster. stupid ken masters.
    as far as just sheer, unadulterated, pure frustration I have to say final fantasy XIII. what a complete disappointment. i wanted so badly to like that game. i really really did. i paid $60 for it. tried to like it for about 2 months, then traded it in for a used copy of oblivion straight up and dont regret it at all. the square enix union is a common cause of anger for me.
    also the first ninja gaiden for nes. You get to the end boss fight after sweaty palming 4 of the most impossible platformer levels ive ever known, he talks some trash and gets you fired up, the fight starts, he bats you back and forth across the screen like a cat with a ball of yarn, you die, and the damn game sends you back to the opening of the 4 levels. im getting angry just thinking about it.

oh fallout new vegas too. theres nothing quite as frustrating as a constant fear of the game freezing
    Last edited by plasticandrage; 15th-March-2011 at 07:02.

Thanks

So far? Wangan Midnight for PS2 is a bitch.

Thanks

- in difficulty, that title goes to Ninja Gaiden (for the NES) that game is just insanely hard and will easily piss off any human being on this planet lol
    - in stupidity, that title goes to Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Riders. played them both, not only are they bad games but they're just retarded, another way to butcher the hedgehog.
    - in dissapointment, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. though there are a lot of people who like this game, i am not one of them. After the amazing Majora's Mask, this game felt like total s### to me. i wanted to love the game, it's graphics and style were awesome, the dungeons were too but... the ocean... the hunting... the rupees... no, no, noooooo!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deathzero021 View Post
    - in dissapointment, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. though there are a lot of people who like this game, i am not one of them. After the amazing Majora's Mask, this game felt like total s### to me. i wanted to love the game, it's graphics and style were awesome, the dungeons were too but... the ocean... the hunting... the rupees... no, no, noooooo!
    Majora's Mask...

I can somewhat agree with Wind Waker, though. I liked the direction that they took with the graphics (I thought it looked and felt amazing), and I really enjoyed everything until it came to sailing... and sailing... and sailing...
    It wasn't quite as fun as other Zelda games, where you had to traverse large areas to get to the next dungeon, but usually there were at least enemies or something to battle along the way. This was just huge, blank, open space that really, really killed the mood.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have never been more pissed off while playing a video game than in the case of Ninja Gaiden for NES. Talk about a challenge! That game made me absolutely, totally, and completely batshit insane! When I was kid, I had quite a temper and can remember pitching my controller at the NES deck as well as the TV screen countless times.

Eventually, I lost it and threw the cart on the ground and accross the room, stomped the shit out of it with my foot, tore the label off, and wrote, "SHIT GAME" on it with a Sharpie. After that, the cart rattled quite a bit, and to my disappointment, the fucking thing still worked! That meant I just had to play again, and rip more of my hair out. God, what a frustrating game!
    Last edited by djk_dnb; 15th-March-2011 at 21:14.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djk_dnb View Post
    Eventually, I lost it and threw the cart on the ground and accross the room, stomped the shit out of it with my foot, tore the label off, and wrote, "SHIT GAME" on it with a Sharpie.
    Wow that is...

That is just pure hatred.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never got as pissed off with Ninja Gaiden as I did with Battletoads.
    Both were fuckawful hard, but Battletoads made me rage the most out of anything I ever played.

Thanks
    EP Points

No game ever got me quite as enraged as Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the SNES. You go through 7 ridiculously hard levels, and finally beat the last boss, only to find out that he wasn't really the last boss, and you have to go through the entire game a second time with the difficulty level raised, while making sure that you have the shittiest weapon in the game (next to the hatchet) so you can beat the REAL last boss because thats the only thing that can hurt him (seriously, you should have seen my reaction when I found out). Not to mention the fact that you have to blaze through the last level because you have such a short time limit. I never did get to the last boss without using a cheat to give me infinite time, and even once I got there, I couldn't beat him.

The second worst was Startropics for NES. The last dungeon is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE!! Which is what you think during every dungeon, but the last one really is. I honestly don't know why anyone would even attempt it, except out of pure masochism or self-hatred.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KajDarkwind View Post
    No game ever got me quite as enraged as Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the SNES. You go through 7 ridiculously hard levels, and finally beat the last boss, only to find out that he wasn't really the last boss, and you have to go through the entire game a second time with the difficulty level raised, while making sure that you have the shittiest weapon in the game (next to the hatchet) so you can beat the REAL last boss because thats the only thing that can hurt him (seriously, you should have seen my reaction when I found out). Not to mention the fact that you have to blaze through the last level because you have such a short time limit. I never did get to the last boss without using a cheat to give me infinite time, and even once I got there, I couldn't beat him.

The second worst was Startropics for NES. The last dungeon is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE!! Which is what you think during every dungeon, but the last one really is. I honestly don't know why anyone would even attempt it, except out of pure masochism or self-hatred.
    Ghosts 'n' Goblins for the NES was pretty much the same thing. Such rage inducing, but still lots of fun.

I never did end up beating Star Tropics... I should get on that one. Also, if you want rage inducing... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. Fuck that game. I made it to the Technodrome once, but had no characters left and was dead within two minutes. Never made it that far again.

Thanks

Ghosts 'n' Goblins for the NES was pretty much the same thing. Such rage inducing, but still lots of fun.
    LOL yeah i never did bother with beating it twice, once i got to the end once, i was like "well that's it for me" lol. hard enough the first time around.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deathzero021 View Post
    LOL yeah i never did bother with beating it twice, once i got to the end once, i was like "well that's it for me" lol. hard enough the first time around.
    I did the same thing when I finally managed to beat it the first time. Then it sent me back to the beginning and all of the enemies had new attacks, and I raged and shut off the console.

Once was enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KajDarkwind View Post
    I love that game. Seriously, it's in my top 5 favorite games of all time.

But beating it? Holy shit. But I'm just a little proud to say I have beaten it. The second time through was kind of a breeze, thanks to the fact that I knew all the levels so well, and I was just in the motherfucking ZONE. These days I always pop it in at least once a month, and play until I lose all my lives. I never set it to 5 lives, just because I always want to challenge myself to beat everything at default settings.

The NES game, though... Well screw that. I only got to level three before I started laying down mushroom clouds.
    Last edited by Shareware; 16th-March-2011 at 01:06.

Thanks

Alundra 2. Fuck that game. Damn timed doors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobinobi View Post
    Alundra 2. Fuck that game. Damn timed doors.
    Heh heh heh.

Oh god the boulder.