Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: what does everyone miss about the old days of gaming?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    I must admit, this is probably one of my only legitimate gripes these days. I hate hand-holding in my games with an extreme passion.
    Navi.

Although it WAS useful to be able to go back to an old save and just consult Navi as to where the hell in the game you were.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shareware View Post
    Navi.

Although it WAS useful to be able to go back to an old save and just consult Navi as to where the hell in the game you were.
    I second that
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

yeah navi's role in OOT was just fine.

like if you left the game for a couple days then came back to it but forgot exactly whats next.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Navi.

I think I'm the only person in the world who actually liked Navi, even when I didn't need her.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I miss how terrible, incomplete, short and generally unimaginative games were.

That's about it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nothing. Really, thinking about it, most of the games in my top 5 are from last gen or this gen. With 1 SNES game (other slots are 3 PS2 games and 1 PS3 game).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Navi.

I think I'm the only person in the world who actually liked Navi, even when I didn't need her.
    I loved Navi, just not when she stopped to tell me things I already knew with unskippable text in the first part of the game.

Wasted literally seconds of my time.

SECONDS.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shareware View Post
    I loved Navi, just not when she stopped to tell me things I already knew with unskippable text in the first part of the game.

Wasted literally seconds of my time.

SECONDS.
    She's probably the only useful "Helpful Tool" in any game with those in game texts that help you out =P without her i would have forgotten to finish the Water Temple and get so lost XD
    Last edited by bigbigbuddy; 11th-March-2011 at 15:12.
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

I miss the mystery behind games. I remember as a child, playing through Super Mario World and looking everywhere off screen thinking "hey, what's over there?". I remember how awesome it was actually being able to go to many of these and see what was there. I remember when each level was new and unique and literally like nothing I'd ever seen before. And I remember how awesome it was not only finding and beating Bowser, but doing so before anyone else in my house. I still play games, I still play Super Mario World, but it's not quite the same. Most games I play anymore aren't gonna be nearly as open ended as that game was. Most games aren't gonna last as long as that one did. That's okay, though. I still love games, and will continue to play them as long as I can. And maybe, one day, I can recapture that sense of wonderment from a new game.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by trencej View Post
    You obviously just had short and crappy games. Rest of us were playing Good ones.
    If by that you mean that I had loads of NES games, and a bunch of SNES titles aswell naturally, then yes. And let's not even talk C64.

Don't get me wrong I played NES/SNES with a friend for almost ten hours today, but what I said still sorta represents the truth. Also, fancy buying Fester's quest from me?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

I'm missing the SEGA consoles. Not only the Genesis, but also the dreamcast. Remembering me playing Shenmue I and II is remembering one of my best gaming moments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelech52 View Post
    I'm missing the SEGA consoles. Not only the Genesis, but also the dreamcast. Remembering me playing Shenmue I and II is remembering one of my best gaming moments.
    Ah, the Dreamcast. If only Sega hadn't effed up the Saturn so much and lost 90% of its fanbase, otherwise the Dreamcast would've done waaay better than it had.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaVesko View Post
    Ah, the Dreamcast. If only Sega hadn't effed up the Saturn so much and lost 90% of its fanbase, otherwise the Dreamcast would've done waaay better than it had.
    There are other reasons it bombed too, like a really muddled up advertisement campaign and their console never having the proper third party backing it needed to push out the true potential of the system. Sega just quite genuinely fucked up, and I agree it's pretty sad.

Thanks

i miss... the FUN... oh and platformers. (not to mention arcades and points!)

Thanks

Yeap, I miss platformers too. Super Mario Bros., Adventure Island 2, Rockman 5... Oh the nostalgia! They were fun and challenging, mainly because there are no save or auto-save features like we have nowadays. Hell, by the time the Playstation came out I was still playing the NES! Hahaha.