Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: japan against underage manga? go figure, i think america is "rubbing" off on them

Thanks

Yes, sweeping it all under the rug and pretending this problem doesn't exist will surely solve things!

Perhaps we could "reeducate" anyone with an attraction to prepubescents with electroshock therapy or lobotomy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetik View Post
    Yes, sweeping it all under the rug and pretending this problem doesn't exist will surely solve things!

Perhaps we could "reeducate" anyone with an attraction to prepubescents with electroshock therapy or lobotomy?
    Or... Make it illegal?

It's a form of Social Engineering.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Oh please. That blond haired woman is encouraging a red haired girl with low self esteem.

Thanks

She's totally asking for it wearing that slutty... uh, fully covered bath robe.

Thanks
    EP Points

oh crap i just realized, would they still continue negima???? lol, i read and watch it but if they take it off just because there is a scene where he is in the shower with the girls in one book, i am going to be furious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Or... Make it illegal?

It's a form of Social Engineering.
    You miss the point. Making something illegal doesn't do anything other than make people break the law, as has been proven by countless failed prohibitions and restrictions on things that are still in demand and grow into underground markets. I personally believe that pedophilia isn't something someone chooses, much like homosexuality. Why would anyone choose to be something that is so looked down upon in our society? Known child molesters don't fare well in prison, and guards often turn a blind eye because they feel that it's justified. Not that I'm advocating rape or molestation by any means, but forcing people to hide their problems and feel even more outcast than they already do does nothing but negatively impact the situation. Especially when the thing that is being made illegal is completely victimless and may in fact provide a safe outlet to fantasies that very well could prevent harm to an actual child. That is to say, it could lead someone to a "breaking point" without any alternative means to live out their fantasies.

Thanks
    EP Points

i doubt japan would actually go through with this anyway, also for the need for such an outlet, this means that almost 50% of japan would be interested in the underage wouldnt it?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    this means that almost 50% of japan would be interested in the underage wouldnt it?
    ....what?

No, anime and manga mainly focuses on otaku nowadays. This is an anti-otaku bill.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not to go completely off topic, but I find it interesting that on one level we are discussing the way in which the human mind can view super deformed, ink drawn images and translate those vague symbols into a coherent erotic stimuli. I love drawing sexy women, although I rarely go for the the cutesy ones. Most of my gals are demon goddesses with glowing eyes and giant cybernetic weapons grafted onto their arms.

Preview of my Art Book next week!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetik View Post
    You miss the point. Making something illegal doesn't do anything other than make people break the law, as has been proven by countless failed prohibitions and restrictions on things that are still in demand and grow into underground markets. I personally believe that pedophilia isn't something someone chooses, much like homosexuality. Why would anyone choose to be something that is so looked down upon in our society? Known child molesters don't fare well in prison, and guards often turn a blind eye because they feel that it's justified. Not that I'm advocating rape or molestation by any means, but forcing people to hide their problems and feel even more outcast than they already do does nothing but negatively impact the situation. Especially when the thing that is being made illegal is completely victimless and may in fact provide a safe outlet to fantasies that very well could prevent harm to an actual child. That is to say, it could lead someone to a "breaking point" without any alternative means to live out their fantasies.
    I was just throwing out an alternative to the barbaricness of electro-shock therapy.

I completely agree that this idea shouldn't be acted upon.

It will do more harm than good.

Thanks

Besides Japan gets a crap load of money of the sales alone, so why mess with it now. I want to see a study done on this to even warrent this bill.

Thanks
    EP Points

personally i hope the bill goes through, i would like to see how japan would react

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

now if we can get america to get little girls to wear bra's on tv and not wear such tight clothing. watch icarly and you will see what i mean in one episode.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    now if we can get america to get little girls to wear bra's on tv and not wear such tight clothing. watch icarly and you will see what i mean in one episode.
    One of the stars of iCarly is 18.

The other is 17.

Not exactly hardcore pedophilia.