Thread: @ES - A FRONTEND that is sOOOOOO much more

Thanks

Default @ES - A FRONTEND that is sOOOOOO much more

@ES running Mario Kart Wii

MAME running Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike in fullscreen mode

Choose your console

The video player running in fullscreen (The bars at the top and bottom only appear when you move the mouse to them)

@ES playing a MP3 file

I will leave @ruantec to show you what we have created

Hello everyone!

After working year or 2 on the new version of @ES i've been finally able to complete all the changes i wanted for this version. one of them was a big mistake i made in the previous version which limited the UI and also my posibilities to do the necessary things required to bring a better experience to the end user. another problem was a terrible memory leak that caused several problems when loading a fair amount of albums or files.

@ES main goal is to provide a very professional and great looking user interface that tries to unify all possible Emulators into one single application and at the same time it offers some nice multimedia features.

NOTE:
    This version was specially written for Vista/7 by taking advantage of the new features offered by those and it may not work 100% correct on Windows XP. however it still works fine under XP but some of the features such as the audio visual effects do not work because the audiocore api is not available on that OS. so i strongly recommend to use this version of @ES on Vista/7 only even if it works fine under XP apart from some small stuff.

What's new:

- New redesigned UI and functionality
    - Speed improvements
    - Virtualized listview control
    - Better multi-threading management
    - Faster loading times
    - Pixel Shaders for video and audio visual effect
    - Basic visual effect(using Pixel shaders)
    - Better search mechanism(like in Win7)
    - List sorting
    - Explorer-like behaviour(if deepscan is off)
    - Skin rotation
    - Better Emu-handling code
    - Re-worked paging system
    - Re-worked video layer
    - 5 Pixel shader effects included
    - Better fullscreen controls
    - New settings layer and options
    - Vista/7 audiocore support
    - Wiimote pairing support(not fully implemented atm)
    - Gamepad support(comming in the next release)
    - Re-worked @ES layer system for better flexibility, statibility and performance.
    - Main layer options-bar for quick access to the Wiimote, Apps(not implemented yet) and close button.
    - Smooth transition mechanism(still not perfect but it aims to bring some smoothness while switching between layers or screens)
    - Iphone-like on/off control
    - Re-worked list-scroller(still not perfect but a lot better than before)
    - Audio/Video file association(select @ES as your default player for your audio or video files)
    - Open GUI to allow file editing(check the '\Data\GUI\Default' folder to see all the skin files)

Last but not least i would like to thank Darksamus, Schumi_4ever, Lord_Snow and zach tibeau for there great tests. specially Darksamus and Schumi for spending sleepless nights with me testing or giving me ideas and of course Xtreme for hosting my project all those years.

enjoy this beta and feel free to post any ideas or bugs you may find :thumb:

Regards
    @ruantec
    Feel free to leave any questions and I will endeavor to answer them asap
    And PLEASE read the README before you begin for the essential set-up info section

ALSO I FORGOT TO ADD IN THE README THAT YOU CAN SET ANY VIDEO/AUDIO FILES TO PLAY WITH @ES IN WINDOWS EXPLORER

To do it just choose to open a video/audio file using right click in explorer go to "Open With" and choose @ES to run the file, you can make @ES the default program too if desired
    Supported Emu's are...

Mame (Arcade)
    CPS3 (Arcade)
    Final Burn Alpha (Arcade)
    Model 2 (Arcade)
    Dolphin (Wii and Gamecube)
    PCSX2 (PS2)
    NullDC (Dreamcast)
    demul (Dreamcast, Arcade)
    PJ64 (N64)
    pSX (PS1)
    ePSXe (PS1)
    snes9x (Super Nintendo)
    bsnes (Super Nintendo)
    Fusion (Genesis/Megadrive, Sega 32x, Sega CD/Mega CD, Sega Master System, Sega Game Gear)
    VirtuaNES (NES)
    DeSmuME (Nintendo DS)
    VisualBoyAdvance (Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Color, Gameboy)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.5.1 UPDATE:

@ES - MorphX v1.5.1 bug fixes:
    - Fixed a bug in the drag & drop code where the "Explorer-like" behaviour was always on at bootime and wrong information was stored on the playlist.
    - Fixed a bug where the emulation layer animation was called when closing a video.
    - Fixed a bug that made @ES crash when trying to open corrupted m4a files(Thanks Schumi for that one).
    - Wallpaper code now stores a png file instead of a jpg for better image quality(drop a picture to the main layer wallpaper to change it).
    - Fixed a bug that removed context menus from the audio listview and emulators listview after going back to the main layer.
    - Background scanner now adds the Artist of each album if available in ID3.
    - Sub-folders count is added to the item when a album is added in explorer-like modus and it doesn't contain a valid file.

@ES - MorphX v1.5.1 Changes:
    - @ES - Smart navigation.

Here is a video:

Smart navigation:
    Its a new feature i added yesterday which is very similar to Apple's "Exposé" or Android widgets screens. it allows you to switch between layers in a very fast way.

Usage:
    To open the Smart navigation just make sure @ES is focused and hit the TAB key on your keyboard to open it and hit it again to close it in case you won't navigate to any of the screens available. in case you want to navigate to one of them just double-click the widget-like object that represents the screen you want to navigate. i've uploaded a new package for those that want to download everything again and a .exe only for those who want to update the main executable only

last but not least in case some of you didn't knew @ES is compatible with IPAD or Tablet-PC's wallpapers so check out some nice websites with wallpapers and customize your screen as you wish :thumb:

Download some nice wallpapers from here or here

.....Enjoy!!!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zaep8dz749ji11p <<.exe only for people that downloaded it previously)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c1xlr6o6r155ren <<For the entire @ES package
    Last edited by DarkSamus; 22nd-February-2011 at 10:16.

Try @ES, it will change the way you emulate games

Thanks

Yeah, but why does it look like an iPhone?

Thanks

Would have to ask @ruantec why he loves the iPhone so much

Thanks

@ES has been updated to version 1.5.1

Please get it from the OP

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nice to see this back and thanks for the updates

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've actually been curious about this for a while, now. I just downloaded it, I'm going to give it a shot and see how it works. Definitely looks and sounds very interesting.

Thanks

Any questions, bug issues or ideas you guys have please be sure to post them and we will look into them

Thanks

I have found a weird issue when running NullDC with @ES

After using NullDC for the first time with @ES you will find that if you try running NullDC on its own it will crash at boot from that point on like this...

Using @ES you will still be able to run NullDC but as of the second DC game you run using @ES you will get the below error...

Clicking "OK" on the window will make the plugin selection window appear...

If you then click on the "OK" box on the plugin window the game will then run

TEMP FIX TO STOP THE 2 WINDOWS APPEARING

To stop the 2 windows appearing when using NullDC with @ES you should go to your plugins folder and make a copy of the file named "ImgReader_Win32.dll" and rename the copied file to "ImgReader_XWin32" (Note the added "X")

This will make it so that both windows do not appear when using NullDC with @ES ever again (But NullDC will still crash at boot without @ES)

WHY THIS BUG HAPPENS AND HOW TO RUN NULLDC INDEPENDENT OF @ES

The reason for this bug is that @ES makes a change to the NullDC config file in the image plugin section shown in the below pic...

So if you want to be able to run NullDC independent of @ES you should make a backup of NullDC's settings file to use when you need it.

The issue is being looked into and a fix will be provided soon

Thanks

A mountain of new features have been or will be added to the next release of @ES!

The audio and video sections in particular have developed quite a bit.

Will update soon with a list of features to expect in the fresh build.

Thanks

Amazing project man! Go ahead ever! Thanks for this!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by selbach View Post
    Amazing project man! Go ahead ever! Thanks for this!
    Here is a taste of the next release...

Dual Monitor support. (No image/video)

@ES Scaleable interface (5 levels)

@ES will run in fullscreen if you wish as @ruantec starts his push to make @ES the perfect Media Center app.

In this image the screen is a 1800x1440 res CRT

What if you wanna run a widescreen monitor sideways?

id3 tag editor for your audio files.
    lastfm support for allowing download of CD covers

id3 support for videos. - We has been able to edit the id3 tag of the audio in a video files without
    causing issues for the video file in other software allowing @ES to display the covers you add to its id3 tag.
    imdb support for allowing download of video covers

Cover support for roms/iso's return.

Another feature that @ES will have next release is media center remote and android phone compatibility.
    @ruantec shows the media center app for android controlling @ES