0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What browser do you use and if possible why

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default What browser do you use and if possible why

Fairly simply what browser do you use (main browser) and why?

me im using firefox ive tried chrome but i found when multitabbing it eats alot more memory, not that my pc aint got enough at 8gb and also its nice that each tab is its own contained process but ya same as the memory thing.

I also noticed it hates ebay and its ad block addon is rough around the edges so im on firefox as for the most part it just works.
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 13th-February-2011 at 08:26.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Fairly simply what browser do you use and why?

me im using firefox ive tried chrome but i found when multitabbing it eats alot more memory, not that my pc aint got enough at 8gb and also its nice that each tab is its own contained process but ya same as the memory thing.

I also noticed it hates ebay and its ad block addon is rough around the edges so im on firefox as for the most part it just works.
    Firefox with NoScript.

I haven't had a virus since i installed No Script.

And i go to some shady ass places.

I've found out recently that flash causes memory leaks in my firefox though.

Sometimes i'll look at my processes and firefox is using 1-1.5gb of memory.

Thanks

i use firefox. love all the add-ons. specially adblock plus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I use Firefox. Mostly because I like the interface; I like things to be fairly simple. I find IE too cluttered, even when I get rid of everything off it I don't like. And I find that IE bogs my computer down like nobody's business. I like Chrome just as much as Firefox, 'cept I don't like the interface. Opera and Safari, I use only for testing purposes, although I have toyed with switching to Opera; for the few times that I have used it, it's been pretty nifty, but it displays pages kind of... weird.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I use Firefox. Mostly because I like the interface; I like things to be fairly simple. I find IE too cluttered
    Same reason for me. Although, I mostly switched because IE is littered with security holes. I've never used any of the other browsers...

Thanks

I used to use Chrome, then I switched back to internet explorer, but I got tired of having to redo my settings everytime the power went out, so I switched to Firefox, which for one reason or another remebers things better that IE or Google Chrome. I stopped using Chrome because it seems to have an unexhaustable amount of bugs

Thanks

Firefox pissed me off one day, can't really recall why but it was enough to switch, and I ended up switching to Opera and haven't bothered going back since then (except to use Firefox to download some YouTube videos of obscure songs to rip some mp3s from). I've got Adblock Plus for Opera installed, aka Fanboy's List for Firefox's Adblock Plus, and have enjoyed the many other features that I think should've been built into Firefox like the testing tools, smooth scrolling, ability to add additional search engines with ease instead of installing someone's plugin for something like scroogle or others, additional ad blocking power outside of a custom urlfilter.ini (although I guess SeaMonkey counts in having that if someone is looking for something similar), Opera turbo to speed things up when the network decides to go slow as shit, the speed dial feature for keeping live bookmarks which the first nine can be accessed with ctrl plus 1-9 (I do hope the number gets increased some day though as I feel nine is a little bit limiting for quick and easy keyboard access), and etc. I'd go on about more features but I think that I'll elect to keep this post short and not turn it into the length of a dissertation.

Thanks
    EP Points

i choose google chrome just because it boots quicker than firefox or ie. i know that chrome was originally desinged for watching youtube videos. however since the dsi uses opera i have to say that i use that too lol

Thanks

Firefox.

I just have a really good handle on it.
    Sure when it just gives up and crashes when it can't handle what I'm doing (two freaking tabs?), it's annoying. As soon as you get even a tiny bout of unresponsiveness, you can set your watch by the crash.

However... I use this shit so much, it and I are practically one. Tried Chrome, and didn't like it at all, and I'm NEVER going back to IE. Might as well go back to AOL if I do that.

Thanks

Firefox, I switched to Chrome for a little while, but some pages didn't seem to respond on this one, so I basically switch again to firefox since in my humble opinion has the best compatibility and less issues of all the browsers.

Thanks
    EP Points

I used to use Firefox all the time. Then it decided to erase all my passwords, and bookmarks for some strange reason. Wasn't all that bad, due to having them backed up. Then the unresponsive crashes started to happen. So it was time to get rid of the shit.

Switched to Chrome, and haven't really looked back. Interface is nice, pretty easy to use, and it has never crashed nor failed to load/display anything.

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

Chrome for me. Real fast and easy to use compared to explorer(a joke of a browser). Actually have seen comparison ratings from speedtest.net that confirms the speed increase.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been using Google Chrome for a little while now, and I love it. I'm on a netbook running Windows 7 starter, which means I can't change the color of the task bar or the title bars of windows, they simply remain the same, sky blue color. As a person who prefers dark browser themes, a light title bar can be somewhat obnoxious. The primary feature I love about Chrome is that the title bar is absent.

Before Chrome I swore by Firefox, which is still the browser on my other computer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Firefox, mostly because I have just gotten used to it over the past few years, I have tried other browsers, honestly Safari feels the most like Firefox to me and I like it. Google chrome as Kouen mentioned is an even bigger Ram hog than Firefox (which is saying something) also I like how firefox looks more. Opera is nice too and a good backup browser but it's really tradition that has me still using Firefox and the 9 or so add-ons that I have installed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I usec firefox for a while because it was the default broweser for Ubuntu Linux. I started noticing unusually long load times and painfully slow downloads (less than 100kb/s) and downloads would "finish" halfway through. I switched to chrome and havent looked back. I use opera mini on my phone and absolutely love it. Anyways, if someone could help me with the problems i was having with firefox, id be glad to switch back, 'cause like Kouen said, chrome is a big ram hog and i dont have much to spare (2g).