Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Sun 2 rom dont work well plz help!!

Nuker Guest

Default Golden Sun 2 rom dont work well plz help!!

I just got GS2 rom and it doesnt work with any VBA or Boycotts! I can just run it with DreamGBA and when I got to the point where Felix, Jenna and sheba talkin the game just freezes! what can I do?

Zerostrike Guest

Um, the game isn't out yet. You're talking about Golden sun. What is the version of VBA you're using?

Nuker Guest

No, Im talking about Golden Sun 2: The lost age japanese rom.
    I've tried with all the emulators I have and only work with DreamGBA. and the game froze at the beginning. Some other people has the same prob but I dont know how to solve it.

Zerostrike Guest

I see. I thought you meant the game was in english. Well, some GBA games run better with a BIOS file. You can get one here, in the BIOS section. Edit: The game isn't out in Japan yet. You've got a dump from a stolen copy. It's the only way to explain it. The release date of Japan's version is the 28 of June.

Nuker Guest

Im not sure about that. Roms sometimes come out 1 or 2 days before the actual release date.

and, where can I get a BIO file?
    If I have that will it run with VBA?

Zerostrike Guest

That's what I meant. It must have been stolen from a warehouse, or the back room of a store. You can get a BIOS file in Emuparadise's BIOS section.

Nuker Guest

Stolen from a warehouse? That's just barely possible. If so, there must be a thief who only steals games from the nintendo warehouse everytime before the game releases...that just wouldnt make alota sence. It is possible for people to recieve the game 1 or 2 days before the release. I ordered Mario Kart long ago, and I got it by my door (mail in) on the 27th of August last year and the release date was 28th of August.

Zerostrike Guest

Alright, that was stupid of me. I forgot that. Have you gotten the BIOS file yet?

Nuker Guest

Okay, I downloaded a gba bio zip file 13KB (is this the right one?) and inside there's one file called Gba.bios

what do I do with it?
    (Im using VBA version 9)

Zerostrike Guest

Use 0.9.1. It fixs bugs and makes it better. Also, put the BIOS file in the same place as VBA. Then, start up VBA. Go to "Options" and then "Emulator." Now select "Select BIOS File." Load up the BIOS file you downloaded. Next, in "Emulator", Select "Use BIOS File." You're done. Now, try to play it.

Nuker Guest

It now works on VBA but the game froze again at the game selection screen but the music kept playing. I dont know what's wrong now I may need to change emulator. btw, VBA loaded it on regular speed %99-101 but it got stuck again.

there's gotta be away to get this thing to work.

Zerostrike Guest

You tried both the BIOS file and updating VBA?

Nuker Guest

Yeah, I followed your steps and got VBA to load the game. Before that it wont load. but thanx alot for guiding me to this step, I may wanna get another bio file and try it out. Now I understand that the only thing which made DreamGBA to run the game is DreamGBA has an auto-bio function. But I dont wanna use DreamGBA the emulation is toooo slow and the sound sux.

Zerostrike Guest

You coud wait until a new version of VBA is out. It's supposed to come out on VBA's first birthday, or just wait until a new GBA emu release or update. Sorry.

Nuker Guest

VBA havent had a new version in a long time, do u think 0.9.1 is the final version?

Maybe if I run the rom several times it'll get better.