Thread: complete newbie needs PSX ISO help

jmdbcool Guest

Default complete newbie needs PSX ISO help

Hi there.

I'm new to this whole ISO thing, and I'd like some help. I DL'd the Chrono Trigger ISO, for example. After un-archiving, I got 4 files with the same file name, but 4 different file extensions: .ccd, .cue, .img, and .sub.

The .ccd and .cue are very small, at less than 1 kb a piece. The .sub is about 20 megs, and the .img seems to be the important one, with 522 megs of data.

What I want to know is... where do I go from here? Do I just burn those 4 files to CD, or do I need some special program, or what?

Thanks in advance, to anyone that helps me.

- jmdbcool

xgamer Guest

well the IMG file is the actual game data, the rest of the files are for CD burning usage.

say you use fire burner to burn the game to cd, you load tracks from the CUE sheet and it will load the data.

if you're not looking to burn just to play, you'll need an emulator IE: ePSXe, which will need various plug-ins and you'll need the BIOS for playstation which can be found on the main page.

Orlando8379 Guest

take me for instance... I cant use cdrwin because my burner is not compatible, and as I read about the steps for iso's I always see something about a "cuesheet" that i cant find any other programs. So the program you mentioned can do the same as cdrwin? if yes can you tell me about it and maybe some info on cuesheets?

Thanks A Lot!!!

jmdbcool Guest

I get it now. The .img is the main data, and the others help out depending on your CD burning program.

I ended up figuring it out on my own... I use Roxio CD Creator 5 Platinum. What I had to do was rename the .img to .iso, and then use the special "Record CD from CD Image" option. The CD works great.

Thanks guys!

Thanks

img for the actual game image file, ccd and sub are use only if you want to burn your game using CloneCD. cue means cuesheet and is only use for CDRWin.

Personally, i prefer CloneCD since it does the job nicely. EZ CD creator is not very stable and will crash your computer randomly especially if you are using WinXP.

They are hot, aren't they??