Thread: PSX games not working.

Thanks

Default PSX games not working.

Hi, been searching for an answer to this and maybe I have been idiotic and just missed it but here it goes. I have ePSXe (the latest version) and have downloaded games from Vimm.net and they all worked fine. I downloaded a handful from emuparadise and most of them are coming back with an error stating that they are missing the .ISO file. Some have only a .ccd file to choose, others have .cue or .bin. I would really like to figure this out since it is affecting games such as Tomba 1/2, Elemental Gearbolt and a few others. One thing I have noticed is that most of the ones not working have a file with them that ends in .img.ecm. When clicked on it opens cmd and copies to itself with an extra .ecm on it. Not sure if that is relevant or not. I do not have anything to offer really, just a gamer trying to get some of the classics back that I no longer have on disc. Thanks for all your help, if this is confusing or you have any questions, send me a pm.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

ECM is used to further compress a file.............

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ight=ecm+tools

.cue/.bin is another image format.
    .ccd is a CloneCD file.There should be a .img file with it if I remember correctly.

You're asking about image formats other than .iso

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Right, I am aware I am talking about other formats as I do not have a single .iso file in my PSX games. That is what the error is saying though. All the files I have end in (cue, bin, ccd, sub, img, ecm, or mds/mdf[alcohol 120%]), So more of trying to find out why it says it for those games but not for the others. I have tried using both the ECM tool in the link you gave as well as PakkISO as well. Still not working, not sure if I am using them wrong or what. I am guessing these do work, since they are still on the site and people have been voting on them.

Thanks
    EP Points

what is it exactly that you are trying to mount? if you have decompressed the .bin.ecm file mount the .bin file to a virtual hardrive and run it via epsxe
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Got it, stupid idiotic mistake of mine, was automatically running the wrong batch file. Got it fixed. Thanks you for your help.