Thread: Ratchet Deadlocked .MDS not recognized...what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Default Ratchet Deadlocked .MDS not recognized...what am i doing wrong?

I downloaded the parts and combined them into
    Ratchet Deadlocked.I00
    Ratchet Deadlocked.I01
    Ratchet Deadlocked.MDS
    I read that all you should have to do is mount the .mds to a virtual drive (I used PowerISO) and then locate it with Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
    This isn't working. When i run the emulator, my screen shakes, and i end up at a screen asking me to press X to select a language. I followed a guide on the pcsx website to configure my emulator, but maybe i did it wrong. any tips on what to do from here?

EDIT: also this is the first game i've tried to use the emulator with...so i'm a bit of a noob at this
    Last edited by finaali; 6th-February-2011 at 00:16.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

If you've gotten the game to load up even slightly, then it's not an issue with the .mds or your mounting method. It's some sort of configuration issue. When it comes to actually configuring emulators I'm a bigger noob than you. So I can't really help you there, sorry

Edit: Oh, when somebody does want to help out with your config issues, they'll want to know this stuff:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...sking-for-help!
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Does the screen also shakes when you run other games?
    If yes, change your GSdx Interlacing mode to either Weave, Bob or Blend. Or you can switch between them while playing by pressing the F5 button.

Thanks

Ok i fixed the screen shaking issue. it was a config problem. so the method of mounting the .MDS to my virtual drive then trying to run through emulator should work right? if i know this is correct, then i guess the DL from http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...U-Megaupload-* is messed up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using the emulator Internal ISO Loader, or Linuz ISO.

Still, you haven't post your emulator details, specs. etc

Thanks

CPU: 3.3
    graphics: GTX 460 (GeForce)
    Ram: 4 gigs

using: pcsx2
    version: 0.9.6
    plugins: GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.8
    SPU2-x 1.1.0
    LilyPad 0.9.9
    Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
    DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
    FWnull Driver 0.4.0
    USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, that's okay, though the emulator you use was the old one, so does using different CDVDROM plugins works for you?

Try using the latest beta as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Try using the emulator Internal ISO Loader, or Linuz ISO.
    If he's going to run the ISO directly (I think that's what you're suggesting?) he'll need to un-split it first. Details on how to do that are in my sig. But long story short: Mount, rip ISO, done.

Quote Originally Posted by finaali View Post
    then i guess the DL from http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...U-Megaupload-* is messed up.
    I'm 99.9% positive it's fine. If you'd like to be 100% sure yourself, un-split the iso, then see if it's CRC is 66eb35f4 like redump suggests it should be:
    http://redump.org/disc/15053/
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    If he's going to run the ISO directly (I think that's what you're suggesting?) he'll need to un-split it first. Details on how to do that are in my sig. But long story short: Mount, rip ISO, done.
    Yeah. 'Combine' both file first.

This site has variety kind of file compression method.

Thanks

ah okay i used hjsplit like Google's sig said and made the .iso from the files. i'm one step further in that i can load the game now!!! however, when i go through the first cutscene (or press start to skip) and get to the load screen, the screen appears to be split between a clear-red ship flying and a clear-blue ship flying. at the end of the loading screen, it freezes. anyone know what to do?
    P.S. Thank you very much for the help you both have offered so far!!! i feel like less of a noob every moment hahah.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you switch to the latest Beta like I told you previously?

Thanks

With the latest beta 0.9.7 i can get past the load screen, but the video and sound are in slow-motion when facing 0-180 degrees, but run normally the other 181-360 degrees. also there is a bit of a texturing issue in those slow-mo 180 degrees. one final thing, when i downloaded the beta, i used the .exe which opened up the program right away. I can't find the program once i close it without re-entering the .exe process. i can't save any of my configuration settings and in order to enable memory cards, i need to run as admin (like i had to do with 0.9.6). I can not do this until i find the shortcut to it or something. do you know where i can find this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Since you download it from the main site, the .exe file should be inside the PCSX2 folder, along with other files such as, plugins, cheats, etc.

and a configuration wizard should pop out when you run the Beta version for the first time.

As for the slow-mo issue, try enabling the Speedhacks.

Thanks

speedhacks fixed the slow audio, though the gameplay is still slow when facing a certain direction. also, every time I open the .exe it gives me that "first time configuration". it doesn't save my settings. i'll probably try another download site.