Thread: I'd appreciate any help bringing me up to speed on PSP CFW.

The end of the world as we know it. Strangely, I feel fine.
    Thanks

Default I'd appreciate any help bringing me up to speed on PSP CFW.

Hey all. Hope you can help me out on this. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere near the PSP scene, and my psp has been playing paperweight for a bit over a year, now. I'm hoping to dust it off and see what I've missed in my absence.

Hope I don't come off as too presumptuous. Any help you can give me in bringing my PSP up to speed, whether it be advice, a guide, or just a few links to point me in the right direction, is greatly appreciated.

Here's some info on what I have at the moment:
    It's a psp phat, the original. Not sure of the exact model. If it means anything, I'll look it up, just tell me how.
    Right now it's running on 5.50 GEN-D

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

5.50 Gen-D isn't so far off from the latest.
    I have Gen D-2 (or 4, Its not on hand atm), but most everyone else has updated to Prometheus.
    Im pretty sure its the same old method to update: place auto updater on mem card & execute. And there have even been some new ways to get onto PSN w/cfw.
    Only the newest games will need to be patched to play on m-33, but not Prometheus afaik.

Others like Kouen and Beezlebub can give you more information, but I dont think it is mandatory that update yet.

The end of the world as we know it. Strangely, I feel fine.
    Thanks

Thanks for the information. With a little searching I've updated to Prometheus, and am hoping it works out well.