Thread: which one should i buy

Thanks

Default which one should i buy

guys i am planing to buy a ps3 or xbox 360 , which one is better in price and gaming performance , also tell me that whether i can play ps2 games on ps3 or not

Thanks
    EP Points

Only 60GB PS3s can play PS2 games.

Thanks

Xbox.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Littledood View Post
    Xbox.
    Let's try to give the guy an accurate, reasoned advice instead of just posting which console we like more without stating at last the reasons why we prefer it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Only 60GB PS3s can play PS2 games.
    Early 80 GB PS3's could play PS2 games too. But I heard it has it problems because the 80 GB one uses software emulation.

Thanks

how about neither of them cuz games nowadays are all about graphics and online so if u like dull stories buy one of those but if i had to pick id ps3 they call it 360 cuz its a rotating circle of home break shop had 3 360's and they all crapped out imma stick to classic gaming lol buy a ps2 lol
    Last edited by TheGreatZio; 11th-April-2011 at 17:36. Reason: spelling

Thanks

Completely up to you. They're both fantastic consoles. If you know the exclusives, then go for that as a reason. Most games nowadays are multiplatform. But, if you like the looks of Uncharted, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, etc. then go for the PS3. If you like the looks of Gears of War, Halo, Forza, etc. then go for the 360. Both have pros and cons. PS3 online gaming is free but there are some issues, but nothing deal breaking. Xbox online costs about 60 dollars a year, for about the same experience but with more stability (not that the PSN isn't stable), and possibly more options (can't name them off the top of my head.) But, there seems to be more children and fighting on XBL. But, that's just my experience.

So, all in all it's up to you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Front seat. Back seat. Which one do I buyyyyyy?

Seriously, though. Look at the game list for both consoles, and decide which exclusives you want more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Check out there exclusives, see what appeals to you.

The Machine matters little these days as they both the 360 and PS3 get almost identical games in multi Releases, Only advantage PS3 gets is its Blueray player. If thats no factor for you... ya check out what they can offer you.

Thanks

I pick systems on game and controller preference. I got a 360 because of Halo and other games, and because I liked the 360 controller the best (top left thumb-stick FTW). I will eventually get a PS3, because both companies have exclusive games that I wish to play. The sole reason I have a Wii is to play Brawl and a few other games (I don't even have Brawl yet). All three systems also have great networks for old games and indie games (Virtual Console and WiiWare, Playstation Network, and Xbox live marketplace and arcade). Besides emulation, where else can you get Final Fantasy VII or any PS1 game that is on PSN (i just found out Xenogears was added last February) for 10$ (I think PS1 games are 10$ ).

Thanks
    EP Points

depends on what your going for. if its exclusives then check the list of games. if your an online gamer mainly then id get the 360. if you like games not for the online but for the game itself id get the ps3. also the ps3 if you like games for the actual game and do enjoy online too.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

Cookie should change the name of this thread to "Which Seat Should I Take"

I guarantee more posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kampachi View Post
    which one is better in price and gaming performance
    Performance is about the same, and is almost entirely irrelevant. Like everyone's said, it just comes down to exclusives and what sorts of games you prefer.

As to cost they're about comparable again, but it kinda depends on what you want. If you want online play and a big hard drive. Then the PS3 will workout to be cheaper, as those features will cost a fair bit of money with the 360. The 360 has several cost advantages though. Naturally there's some cost saving for skipping online, and just using whatever thumbdrives you have laying around for whatever storage space you'd need. Also retail games usually drop in price a hell of a lot faster and further on the 360, and the used market tends to be a lot cheaper too. Cost of games is irrelevant if you intend to bootleg stuff though, both systems have rampant piracy (you shouldn't expect online with pirated games though). Spare 360 controllers are cheaper, you can regularly find them for a good $20 less than a PS3 controller. They need batteries, but you can get 4-AA Eneloops with a charger for $10.

If you're just looking to play anything, for as cheap as possible, the 360 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatZio View Post
    but if i had to pick id ps3 they call it 360 cuz its a rotating circle of home break shop had 3 360's and they all crapped out
    Failure rates certainly factor into the cost. But supposedly the rates with the current models are comparable.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Xbox has more people playing on it more games
    Ps3 has a better look has blue ray free online membership

Thanks

Unfortunately you'll have to find out what games you want to play and what console they're on.

That said if you buy a PS3 you don't own it according to Sony. Almost makes me glad that "mine" was stolen. Who knows if M$ is the same way but I do have an original Xbox manual stating that the Xbox is only licensed to me so...