Thread: PS3 Emulator - Will it ever be made?

Thanks

Smile PS3 Emulator - Will it ever be made?

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a PS3 emulator in the works? I've seen PSP emulators, and the PS3 seems to work exactly like it in terms of the menus and such. Got anything to say about this?

I'm actually thinking of grabbing a copy of FFXIII to see how bad it really is if there is an emulator that can emulate it. (Maybe even just rent it and rip the files from the CD. )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will imagine that one day it will be made, but it's going to require a pretty beefy computer to run at anything remotely close to a decent speed. I wouldn't expect it for quite a few years, if that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Seeing as how PS2 emulation is still pretty terrible with computer specs today, don't expect the a PS3 emulator to made for quite awhile.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From the quick Google search that I've done, it seems like most teams who are working on PS2 emulation are saying about 10-20 years for PS3 emulation.

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe, but not anytime soon. PS2 emulation has come really far from its "I can run FFX at 5 FPS with broken graphics" beginnings. Sure, you need a decent PC for it, but the few games I've tried ran well.

Thanks

I think it could work for people who have the right specs. I'm using an ALIENWARE computer with a gaming graphics subscore of 6.7 (i think), and FFX runs perfectly with hardly any errors.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krxons View Post
    I think it could work for people who have the right specs. I'm using an ALIENWARE computer with a gaming graphics subscore of 6.7 (i think), and FFX runs perfectly with hardly any errors.
    Alienware.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Alienware.
    Now, now. I mean, you get that fancy alien logohead sitting on the side of your case. That's gotta be worth the extra...pfft. Holy devil, those things are bloody expensive! Last time I checked, even they weren't that badly overpriced. What is that, a 25-33% mark-up? For a $4000 machine?
    *cough*
    Well...I probably shouldn't have checked their website while drinking water.
    Last edited by Mistral; 30th-January-2011 at 19:38.

Thanks

They are indeed expensive. This one is costed $2000. Worth it? Well, my fan isn't working too well, but it's damn good anyhow.

Thanks
    EP Points

I bet the components were worth $1000 though, $1500 tops. You just paid extra for the name; Alienware.

Thanks

Hah, likely.