Thread: Is there a tool to extract audio, video or image files for dreamcast games?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Is there a tool to extract audio, video or image files for dreamcast games?

I already posted a thread similar but it was before the doomsday crisis so I have to do it again.

I got the playstation media player and it was great to hear the music of the games, play videos and watch the image files.
    Now I want the same but for dreamcast.
    Is it possible? or this is just a dream.
    By the way, games like Evolution, Blue stinger and virtua fighter 3 have video files partially compatible with windows media player.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by aspinia View Post
    I already posted a thread similar but it was before the doomsday crisis so I have to do it again.

I got the playstation media player and it was great to hear the music of the games, play videos and watch the image files.
    Now I want the same but for dreamcast.
    Is it possible? or this is just a dream.
    By the way, games like Evolution, Blue stinger and virtua fighter 3 have video files partially compatible with windows media player.
    Check here under Audio

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will check my portable HDD later but there are video tools out there aswell, just not at the site Sprung gave you, used those myself for um down sampleing.

If I still have the tools I will pass em on

EDIT nevermind they do have SFD2MPG there might of had more tools (I know I have but for what you are wanting to use the tools for I think SFD2MPG should be enough)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

thanks for the help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I will check my portable HDD later but there are video tools out there aswell, just not at the site Sprung gave you, used those myself for um down sampleing.

If I still have the tools I will pass em on

EDIT nevermind they do have SFD2MPG there might of had more tools (I know I have but for what you are wanting to use the tools for I think SFD2MPG should be enough)
    Zorlon were you ever part of a release scene? It would be cool to get some insight on what was involved in these processes.

I know videos had to be cut back to fit a GD-ROM onto a CD.
    Last edited by Freeman_JI; 22nd-February-2011 at 12:17.
    Platforms: Dreamcast, Xbox, GCN, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, Xbox360, PC-DVD ROM
    ----------------------
    hopefully you know there is no flaw in the ps3 that sony made, the graphics of the ps3 will not be touched by anything other than movies... its a supercomputer on a chip, nothing can hope to rival ps3s graphics...no gpu quad setup can compete with the ps3, the ps3has supercomputer + power...and we have yet to see 10% of ps3 displayed, and there is no 100%, so please try another argument
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=1915911

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope only private rips never got involved in any release groups.

Legally not a good idea

but yeah videos can be down sampled by converting from and to dreamcast format, audio resampled ect...

I still have various tools for doing those jobs kicking around I just need to dig em out

I have a couple of PSX hacks out there though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-February-2011 at 22:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR