Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 ESR disc patcher help

Thanks

Default PS2 ESR disc patcher help

hey everyone i have the esr disc patcher 0.24 version i downloaded harvest moon save the homeland file from this site, and it shows up as a bin file, there was no part1 or 2 just the one download. whenever i try to patch it i get a message that says: 'NO UDF DESCRIPTOR!' ive burned other games that were iso files without a problem. i also downloaded ICO from this site aswell and when i extracted it with winrar there was another file with it that had an .mds extension. and also it will not even show up at all in the disc patcher. thanks for the help
    Last edited by Jakethegreat12; 27th-January-2011 at 17:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

a bin file is a combined version of an iso and other things these can be burned to disc right away i believe i could be wrong but i know bin files work on emulators
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    a bin file is a combined version of an iso and other things these can be burned to disc right away i believe i could be wrong but i know bin files work on emulators
    but im not using it on an emulator. im using a sensor modded ps2 with freemcboot. thanks for the help though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    hey everyone i have the esr disc patcher 0.24 version i downloaded harvest moon save the homeland file from this site, and it shows up as a bin file, there was no part1 or 2 just the one download. whenever i try to patch it i get a message that says: 'NO UDF DESCRIPTOR!' ive burned other games that were iso files without a problem. i also downloaded ICO from this site aswell and when i extracted it with winrar there was another file with it that had an .mds extension. and also it will not even show up at all in the disc patcher. thanks for the help
    to take care of the .mds extension, read this.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...66#post1145366

no idea about your other error with that udf thing though sorry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sockesocke View Post
    to take care of the .mds extension, read this.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...66#post1145366

no idea about your other error with that udf thing though sorry.
    thanks it helped alot by chance do you know if their is a guide on how to mount the .mds file using the daemon tools?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can only patch DVD games with ESR, you have to convert CD games, I figured I'd let you know in case you try to play some in the future .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    You can only patch DVD games with ESR, you have to convert CD games, I figured I'd let you know in case you try to play some in the future .
    thanks

Thanks

well the mounting differs from program to program. basically you download a program like daemon tools or alcohol, then create a virtual drive and mount the image to the drive.

Thanks

well the mounting differs from program to program. basically you download a program like daemon tools or alcohol, then create a virtual drive and mount the image to the drive.
    when i try to, i highlight the .mds file and try to mount it but it stays grey'ed out. i even have the virtual drive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    when i try to, i highlight the .mds file and try to mount it but it stays grey'ed out. i even have the virtual drive
    have you tried opening the .mds with the dropdown menu? i have zero experience with daemon tools but it should have an option to open a file (like most other windows programs do). if that doesnt help i have no idea sorry, im sure someone else knows more than me lol.

Thanks

have you tried opening the .mds with the dropdown menu? i have zero experience with daemon tools but it should have an option to open a file (like most other windows programs do). if that doesnt help i have no idea sorry, im sure someone else knows more than me lol.
    thanks anyways mate.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

open it up with iso buster and save it as an ISO file

http://www.isobuster.com/

you only need the free features

P.S. Daemon tools could of mounted it fine but you would still need to re-rip it in iso format

Edit, is the game in mds+iso, if so the mds is not needed

None of this helps with the UDF issue, you could try rebuilding the DVD from scratch though, that may well fix the issue infact can see it being the only way to fix it, if running it through iso buster does nothing for it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-January-2011 at 23:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    open it up with iso buster and save it as an ISO file

http://www.isobuster.com/

you only need the free features

P.S. Daemon tools could of mounted it fine but you would still need to re-rip it in iso format

Edit, is the game in mds+iso, if so the mds is not needed

None of this helps with the UDF issue, you could try rebuilding the DVD from scratch though, that may well fix the issue infact can see it being the only way to fix it, if running it through iso buster does nothing for it
    im not entirely sure what you mean by if the the game is in mds+iso but when i extracted it the order they went in was the bin file, then the .mds right below it. ive still not figured out anything about the udf descriptor thing yet. i got the simpsons hit and run and its the same thing as ico. one download, bin and .mds file even if i did find out how to fix this whole deal with the .mds, i still wouldn't be able to patch it. the ESR patcher says in the drop down menu that it supports bin files yet it does not show either bin file.
    Last edited by Jakethegreat12; 28th-January-2011 at 00:31.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would guess it's to do with bin files being with cue files usually rather than mds

ISO buster saves as both *.bin+*.cue and *.iso, I would go with *.iso

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I would guess it's to do with bin files being with cue files usually rather than mds

ISO buster saves as both *.bin+*.cue and *.iso, I would go with *.iso
    ok, i just opened it with iso buster and its saying its an mdf file. i guess i was wrong. but now what should i do with an mdf file??
    the whole thing is an mdf file*