Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underappreciated/Overlooked Nintendo DS Games?

Thanks

Default Underappreciated/Overlooked Nintendo DS Games?

Curious as to what everyone thinks are hidden gems or generally overlooked or under appreciated ds titles. it can be any genre. Just curious is all.

As for me, Im in love with Lego Batman. I dont know if that would qualify but its a game that went under my radar and i picked it up one day and loved it.

oh and XG blast. and Animal Boxing is fun too.

this is only scratching the surface, there are like a bizillion hidden gems on the ds.
    any suggestions?
    thanks.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Ninja Town. Seriously. Only tower defense game I've ever enjoyed. Sadly, the entire last world is waaaaaaaaaaaay too easy. Oh, and the game is actually only funny if you're determined to get the past rank on every level, just beating them is very easy aswell.

Retro Game Challenge. Probably one of the most overlooked games ever. Now, I had actually watched the TV show before I played it, which might've made things a wee bit more enjoyable, but it kicks ass either way.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Anything picross. Seriously, If you haven't ever tried it, try picross. You draw pictures out of a crossword style puzzle. I can't really describe it well, but it's fun.

Thanks

I was pretty impressed with Avalon Code. It was a game I spotted tucked away on the store shelf and I had heard nothing about it, which is pretty surprising since it's actually pretty fun.

Premise is: It's time to start the world over and you've been selected to decide what gets carried over from this world into the next. You do this by whacking things with a giant book. In this book, you can change the traits of whatever you grabbed, and possibly help improve someone's life in the next world. Example - if someone's depressed, you can rearrange their coding so they aren't swamped by shadows anymore.

Anyway, fun game. Definitely worth having for the DS, I think.

Thanks

i may be the only person who actually likes goldeneye rouge agent. its nowhere near as good as black ops or mw mobilized but it was a launch title for the original ds. of course everyone picked super mario 64 however..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DevilandtheSea View Post
    I was pretty impressed with Avalon Code. It was a game I spotted tucked away on the store shelf and I had heard nothing about it, which is pretty surprising since it's actually pretty fun.

Premise is: It's time to start the world over and you've been selected to decide what gets carried over from this world into the next. You do this by whacking things with a giant book. In this book, you can change the traits of whatever you grabbed, and possibly help improve someone's life in the next world. Example - if someone's depressed, you can rearrange their coding so they aren't swamped by shadows anymore.

Anyway, fun game. Definitely worth having for the DS, I think.
    I like it, it's pretty neat , though I still haven't beat it. I hardly ever see anyone talking about Puyo Pop Fever or Bangai-O Spirits, they're both very addicting, and I always tend to play them if I take my DS anywhere.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Spose maybe Resi Evil Deadly Silence most shrugged it off bit it was one of the few that I actually liked on DS

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is a pretty good library of RPGs on the DS, everyone just blows it off because "it's Nintendo". I was looking forward to Luminous Arc 3 but I don't think Atlus is going to port it .

Thanks
    EP Points

Trace Memory and Theresia are both pretty decent adventure titles, dunno how overlooked they are, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    There is a pretty good library of RPGs on the DS, everyone just blows it off because "it's Nintendo".
    Replace "RPGs" with "games", and it's also true.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Trace Memory and Theresia are both pretty decent adventure titles, dunno how overlooked they are, though.

Replace "RPGs" with "games", and it's also true.
    It's Nintendo is a valid reason amongst crazy Sony fanboys .

Thanks

project rub aka feel the magic, i always thought it would be a throw away game but it became one of my fave ds games.

Thanks

Lol, I haven't heard of half these games here. Looks like it'll be a busy weekend for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    I like it, it's pretty neat , though I still haven't beat it.
    Haha, me neither, but I still think it's worth having in a private library.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I've been eying (wow, that word looks retarded) Theresia for a while. Would you say it's worth a purchase?

Thanks

I gotta say that there's a lot of ds games that were overlooked
    Orcs and Elves was a pretty fun rpg made by id. there was also, Deep labrynth which was another nice rpg. For strategy games, theres knights in nightmare. (has a recent psp port)
    Not to mention there's another title called Mage Knight which was based off of an old table top board game from the 80's, Probably the worst on the ds, and worth downloading for a few laughs.

Hail to the king baby!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DevilandtheSea View Post
    I've been eying (wow, that word looks retarded) Theresia for a while. Would you say it's worth a purchase?
    Can't really say for sure, as I've never finished it. It can be wonderfully atmospheric at times, but at the same time it has certain segments where you're just wandering around in a huge, dull maze. Those parts almost made me fall asleep. Bottom line, it can be both awesome and tedious. My brother's played more of it than myself, and he said similar things - pretty cool game, except for those dull parts.