Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: psp2 or 3ds

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Edi (FZ2D) View Post
    I have two easily without the belief that one is better than the other, after all, the two consoles have very different profiles and are for different audiences.
    Exactly. So can we just quit this stupid console war crap? Because, to be honest, the whole thing is just raising my blood pressure.
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm probably going to grab both. Why? Because I'm a boss.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    I'm probably going to grab both. Why? Because I'm a boss.
    Like a beast!
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks
    EP Points

i think that the psp2 will sell more. just becuz it has a wider fan base. over the years nintendo has went from fantastic titles to more family oriented to just down right childish games. sony has always made enough games for everyone. whether its a gory game or a fun game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega-death1 View Post
    well the psp2 is a PHONE first off, so you tell me. just another phone or a groundbreaking technilogical advacement? (nintendo fanboys for the win)
    You must be thinking of the Xperia Play (I think that's the official name now.) The poster is talking about the NGP (its official title as of now).
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum

Thanks

That picture sold me.

Even if it's five hundred ninety nine us dollars, i will buy it because of the control stick layout, that's just sexy.

well the psp2 is a PHONE first off, so you tell me. just another phone or a groundbreaking technilogical advacement? (nintendo fanboys for the win)
    The NGP doesn't actually have a phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Heer View Post
    I'm not interested in 3d, but from what I remember, the tech Ninty uses can't exactly be scaled to a tv without major downsides.
    Yup, parallax 3D is too lo-fi for bigger TV's.
    Last edited by Lee; 3rd-March-2011 at 04:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Edi (FZ2D) View Post
    I personally have the opinion that Nintendo has always been very strong in the field of handheld consoles, but in all the major barrier islands are mostly in their games with themes that are very childish.
    Moreover, Sony has become a giant and its library of games will be excellent. The fight will be good, but Apple is looking at the market and intends to compete with their phones.
    It's wait and see how it goes. I have two easily without the belief that one is better than the other, after all, the two consoles have very different profiles and are for different audiences.
    well that explains why everyone but nintendo is moving to phones. kinda stupid if you ask me, a phone is a phone and a handheld is a hendheld. phones you use to call people and play casual games that give everything else a bad name, and a hendheld which play awsome games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This gen it will be a much closer contest than last time around.

With sony now going the route of android for their new console, and the 3g access, they will have the two tier fight, combining the games for the "hardcore" (i hate that term, but lack a better one) plus the appstore/casual games for the older crowd. Although trying to break into that market over the iphone, i cant help but see as a bad move. Sure, it will be a bonus for the iphone lacking ngp owners, but for casual gamers who already have an iphone? they wont have a reason to go for the NGP.

The 3ds however will still have its massive userbase in the younger crowd, but from what i have seen, certain games will sell the 3ds to a large percentage of the hardcore too. Zelda ocarina of time, street fighter 4, and MGS3 will draw the older crowd to the 3ds also. Its going to be a tough one, but i cant see nintendo being toppled from the top of the handheld mountain this time around.

On a personal level, i will be Buying a 3ds as as soon as my budget allows, and have already pre ordered my Xperia Play (playstation phone) as my contract ends 1 day before its release, so for me, the NGP will have to be something VERY special for me to take notice. Bear in mind, Call of duty, killzone, MGS, etc mean nothing to me, never been a fan of any of them, where as Mario kart in autostereoscopic 3d makes me wet myself.

Having said that, the day little big planet gets released on the NGP, is the day i buy one

Plus, angry birds is the gaming equivalent of pure uncut crack cocaine. not all casual games are bad garrendesares.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i heard the psp2 games will be cartrages. but the main reason i go for the 3ds, it folds in half protecting the screens. and from what i read on here, the 3ds is confirmed to be hackable with the ak2i cards and older ds flashcards. i wonder what nintendo is planning for that.....
    Hope someone does flashcarts for it sooner or later then XD

Also, it's not "hackable", it accepts a flashcart in DS mode. If someone creates a rom/exploit that will modify the 3ds via flashcart, we're in for a world of free pirate goodies

.............. OMG, DID YOU JUST SAY AK2I???

In the end, I'll probably do the same I did with both consoles... Get both just for a few games, and have fun with whatever else it can do, homebrew-wise

And yah, console war is kind of stupid: It's just enjoy what you can from whatever is the system. I like wii games, but I wouldn't buy it, I'd buy a ps3... And even so, I have to admit that the 360 has the better controller right now =p

Oh yeah, the PROTECTION. I'm not as stupid as my sis [she kept her touch-screen phone in her back pocket, only to find out that the screen was busted in the first month of use =p] but it's also a good question... I can see both of these whirst-strap areas being used to keep the NGP in place like a handcuff
    Last edited by yanazake; 4th-March-2011 at 15:38.

Thanks

Reminded me too much of Nokia's N-Gage.

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i am going to make a crappy game for nintendo and brand it with final fantasy lol
    And then, I'm going to drink Dr. Pepper and drive my dune buggy all the way to Wakomundo!

Competition is a bitch, but at the same time, it's crucial. So . . . a bitch that you can't kick her out of your life. However, I do noticed something about every kind of corporate battle. Usually the biggest names in video game media will not disappear, nor would their products, just because one is "superior" to another. No matter how much one is getting better reviews, the other one will still prevail. You have to remember you can't wish for either the NGP or 3DS to disappear just because you prefer one towards another, because what matters is if there are audiences willing to line up for them or their games. That is something most hardcore fanatics seem to ignore.

So what if Nintendo always there to make more of their franchise games! No biggie! Their games for most of the time are always a hit. Plus, there are third party games out there that are also good. And remember that Sony has their franchise games too. So what if Sony can play movies or download from NetFlix. The 3DS can do the same thing, but is too focused on the games rather than what you can put the handheld. What matters is the psychology of the audience. Those who has an actual Blu-Ray player or PS3 would wonder on why they need to watch movies on the go when they can do it in their home. And when it comes to traveling, what most people do to kill time, watch "Inception" in their NGC, or leveling up their Pokemon in the 3DS? Maybe neither! Maybe they like reading books, or sketching their doodles, or maybe talking to their friends. What really matters is what normal everyday people will be doing, you know, someone who is oblivious to the Sony/Nintendo war we hardcore gamers are used to.

No matter what, if there's a way to make profit out of it, then both the NGP and 3DS will survive. If Sega has the same attitude, maybe the Dreamcast could survive, and there will be more Sega consoles. Sure, the reason for the fall is that not many audiences are lining up for the Dreamcast or their games. But what if they never give up hope? What if there is a golden egg for the Dreamcast. What if they decided they can make their Dreamcast run DVDs? What if all of that would happen? Well, we won't know because if the majority doesn't give a damn about what Sega is doing, then Sega wouldn't notice at all! If this attitude continues, then we will eventually have the time Sega announces "let's make a Cream the Rabbit game, because if the majority doesn't give a shit about her, then why Sega has to give a fuck?"

To put into another perspective, what if this is about battle between two beasts: Bahamut and Mecha-Bahamut. So will win the fight? Bahamut is a legendary dragon who terrorizes everyone since ancient times. Mecha-Bahamut is like Bahamut, except he's all metal and full of arsenals and technological features . . . and he looks cool. Bahamut can breathe fire and has sharp claws. Mecha-Bahamut is equipped with heat-seeking missiles, high-powered turrets, mini-guns, grenade launchers, and even a invisible force barrier. Bahamut is known as the king of dragons, and therefore, has dragon support to back him up. The other dragons wouldn't care for Mecha-Bahamut. Only if someone made robot dragons for him, then he will have support. Bahamut doesn't need much maintenance . . . maybe a human sacrifice, but not many. Mecha-Bahamut needed a lot of oil for lubrication and a helluva amount of energy, not to mention ammo. Still he will be powerful. So, who do you side: Bahamut or Mecha-Bahamut? Once you figure out, it's easy to know that it doesn't matter. You may like one of them over another. Maybe you like both. Or maybe you found someone better than both.

Did I mentioned that competition is a much-needed bitch? It helps evolve game companies, but it seems like all they are doing to playing "king of the hill". Does it matter on who is more "superior" than others? If this is what life is all about -- our opinions are better than yours - - then this means I will have to bother all of you, telling everyone the Cream is FAR SUPERIOR than Sonic. Would you like that to happen? No one dictates anything, so don't believe your opinion will make either the NGP or 3DS disappear.
    I love Cream the Rabbit! I don't care about your opinion!

Thanks

I guess I'll go for the 3DS. I'm not of a graphics guys and the 3DS can provide more creative gameplay (using the touch screen) while sticking to the traditional style of gaming

Thanks

I wasn't gonna get a 3DS, but then I saw some of the games they're going to make like the splinter cell game. The DS splinter cell sucked hairy balls, but I think this one is going to be great, so I'm going to save my money.