Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: psp2 or 3ds

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I refuse to listen to anything, I hold my heart and hopes in salute to the psp2

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

3DS is not very interisting, but the psp2 looks like it can have great games and might not be to hard to hack.

Need New Sig

Thanks

i think it will be a mirror image of what happened with the DS and psp as in the 3DS will sell but the NGP will retain its hardcore group along with an increase to its already dedicated market

Thanks

I would like to get 3DS because most of my favorite series belongs to Nintendo.

Also, I would love to see the 3D effect in the games.
    "I am the Thunder Dragon!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Im still with PSP2 and hope the 3DS Fails somewhat so Nintendo can come to there senses a lil more

I went into Lamestop the other day, looked at the NDS Section and you know how throught time people have always called Nintendo a Kids console through the N64 and NGC Era... its never been more evident
    I have pictures to prove it

Thanks

Post the pics, I'm curious.

The NDS only has Okamiden for me now, while the PSP ironically still has quite a few games I want to play.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

NDS rated E 6 and under
    average title rating E
    average title funness 4 on a 10 scale
    average replayability meh, a 6/10
    who plays this: my little sister
    358/2 was good though

PSP rated G for god plays this
    average title rating T
    average title funness 7.5 on a 10 scale
    average replayability 6
    who plays this: hardcore gamers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Illora View Post
    NDS rated E 6 and under
    average title rating E
    average title funness 4 on a 10 scale
    average replayability meh, a 6/10
    who plays this: my little sister
    358/2 was good though

PSP rated G for god plays this
    average title rating T
    average title funness 7.5 on a 10 scale
    average replayability 6
    who plays this: hardcore gamers
    You say average title funness is 4.0, but anyone who is a real gamer who has a DS doesn`t play those 4.0 games, we play the exeptional games like FFIV, TWEWY, Ace Attorny and Chrono Trigger. Although I am dissapointed in Nintendo for not having quality control, at least they didn`t drop their system for a year like sony.
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mega-death1 View Post
    You say average title funness is 4.0, but anyone who is a real gamer who has a DS doesn`t play those 4.0 games, we play the exeptional games like FFIV, TWEWY, Ace Attorny and Chrono Trigger. Although I am dissapointed in Nintendo for not having quality control, at least they didn`t drop their system for a year like sony.
    FF4 for ds is a big letdown that left me $30 short of happiness, Ace Attorney made me wanna watch grass grow underwater, TWEWY isnt enough to let me know what game that is supposed to be, and Chrono Trigger.... is ok

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just found this:
    Yet another 3DS review has surfaced (from MSNBC) and this confirms its 3D viewing problems. This 3DS review picks up on the problems of actually maintaining the 3DS view. For example, you have to keep your head directly in front of the 3DS to see the 3D effects, and if your eyes just go out of alignment, the visuals become distorted. The reviews main concern is that trying to keep your eyes on the 'sweet spot' when playing games could get very frustrating. Therefore spending $250 on the 3Ds for 3D just to turn it off with the slider is a waste of money.
    bye

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Just found this:

bye
    but its shiny! and comes in black and blue! and you can buy old gbc games on it! last but not least, the os doesnt look like it belongs on an iphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    but its shiny! and comes in black and blue! and you can buy old gbc games on it! last but not least, the os doesnt look like it belongs on an iphone.
    With that reasoning I'm sure many people will buy a 3DS.

SHINY GOOD

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh damn, fist time I see anything about the NGP [which I'd say it's a "NEO GEO POCKET" if I didn't read at least part of the topic ] And HECK, THE PSP GOBBLED UP A PS3, A NDS AND A WIIMOTE!

Now, seriously, 3DS will sell for sure. Why? They'll make a pokemon game for it, and a zelda, and a mario AND KID ICARUS. Oh, Metroid too.
    Also, not sure if anyone else noticed, but it's the first nintendo hardware with what seems to be a decent analog stick; I mean, no friggin octogonal hole below it, it's A HUGE IMPROVEMENT, REALLY.

About the NGP/PSP2... Well, there'll certainly be at least a thing or two besides monster hunter that is at least interesting, and it's not only more interactive, it also has a second analog. :B

It feels like I'll live and work to waste my money on games... FOREVER XD

Anyway, psp was allways about more action, better graphics, and bigger games [btw, loading will probably be minimal in the psp2, considering the phat psp load time is huge on umd, but much faster on memory stick] and ds was almost allways for quick plays [hence the huge number of puzzles and minigames]

If it continues like this and nintendo doesn't make a good use of the analog [which is actually the best improvement I've seen on the 3ds so far] it'll sell normally or even poorly.
    If Sony enhances their library [SERIOUSLY, SLY COOPER?? GIMME!! \o/] I still think the NGP has a good chance of kicking the 3DS ass badly.

But anyway, the main question is... WHAT ABOUT THE HACKS AND HOMEBREWS? Homebrew is love, piracy is bad as long as you can get a good price in games that will last... [umd is crap, I'll never buy a game in it] and downloadable games with even better prices is awesomeness - just hope they don't do the same stupidty they did with the pspGO...

edit: on a side note, I'm totally curious about what'll be done to protect this thing [NGP/PSP2] since almost all of its surface will be interactive... I mean, my psp gets super icky over time, and I need to do some cleaning since I don't have a protection to use while I'm playing...
    Last edited by yanazake; 2nd-March-2011 at 16:14.

Thanks
    EP Points

i heard the psp2 games will be cartrages. but the main reason i go for the 3ds, it folds in half protecting the screens. and from what i read on here, the 3ds is confirmed to be hackable with the ak2i cards and older ds flashcards. i wonder what nintendo is planning for that.....

Thanks
    EP Points

I personally have the opinion that Nintendo has always been very strong in the field of handheld consoles, but in all the major barrier islands are mostly in their games with themes that are very childish.
    Moreover, Sony has become a giant and its library of games will be excellent. The fight will be good, but Apple is looking at the market and intends to compete with their phones.
    It's wait and see how it goes. I have two easily without the belief that one is better than the other, after all, the two consoles have very different profiles and are for different audiences.