Thread: MVC1 Won't Run On CPS2PSP

Thanks

Default MVC1 Won't Run On CPS2PSP

Hello, everybody.

I just recently started using 6.35 PRO on my blue madden psp, and I've got everything up and running that I needed... except I can't play MVC1 on my CPS2 emu.

It plays plenty of other roms (that I own the boards of, so don't worry), but when I try and play MVC1, it hangs at the character select screen and hard boots my PSP.

WTH?

Please help if possible, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Sorry to necrobump, but I really need help here.

I've tried mshvsf AND mvc and neither work.

Are they bad roms? I got them from EP.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A quick search says that those games need 2 versions of the rom to work, so do you have them? (Don't know if it's the same with MSH vs SF, but from what I read, MvC needs to be named "mvcu" or it'll be recognized as the Euro version.... I wonder if you can copy the rom and rename it to trick the emulator into thinking you have 2 versions? If so, might save you from downloading another one.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    A quick search says that those games need 2 versions of the rom to work, so do you have them? (Don't know if it's the same with MSH vs SF, but from what I read, MvC needs to be named "mvcu" or it'll be recognized as the Euro version.... I wonder if you can copy the rom and rename it to trick the emulator into thinking you have 2 versions? If so, might save you from downloading another one.)
    Well, yeah I have both the euro and us versions like with the other roms, and it still hangs at character select. If I let it play the intro, as soon as it shows gameplay, you can see Venom fighting an invisible Spider-Man. As in, Spidey's sprite isn't there.

It hangs there, too.

So it seems like a rom problem, but I've played these roms on MAME and the sprites show up fine, it's fully playable. I'm starting to think it's the cps2psp version not supporting em... it's CPS2PSP 2.0.6 adhoc for 3.xx...

Any ideas what the bloody hell is going on?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope (never used it myself, so any info I might be able to provide will be what I find via searching ). If they work on MAME, then I'd think it has to be either a config issue in the emulator or just a compatibility issue. You could try downgrading to an earlier version, but unless there's a way you know of to change/try different settings, I can't think of anything

I searched a bit more, and the only other thing I found was this:

Marvel Super Heroes
    19.1mb rom 32.3mb cache works for CPS2PSP 2.3.1

clcik pics to DL rom click here to DL Marvel Super Heroes cache

Marvel Vs Capcom Clash of the Super Heroes
    21.6mb rom 31.9mb cache works for CPS2PSP 2.3.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    Nope (never used it myself, so any info I might be able to provide will be what I find via searching ). If they work on MAME, then I'd think it has to be either a config issue in the emulator or just a compatibility issue. You could try downgrading to an earlier version, but unless there's a way you know of to change/try different settings, I can't think of anything
    Yeah, I've tried using 2.3.1 and it's not compatible with 6.35 PRO HEN. It just freezes and resets before even getting past loading the cache. Ah well. Thanks for trying, though. :/